I messed up guys ! Real bad :(

Options

Replies

• JustDoIt987
    JustDoIt987 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Go lift weights, not elliptical. Use those calories to build some muscle rather than try to negate the food. Drinking adequate water will help with bloating.

Not really into lifting :( Wish I was though ! I just bought a 4KG kettlebell today

What sort of lifting have you tried? I tried a few different types of programs before finding something I enjoyed. The typical ones suggested on MFP are ones I really dislike.

oh my , I actually also tried the ones on MFP and really disliked them ! thought I was the only one tbh
  • JustDoIt987
    Options
    amyepdx wrote: »
    And don't let the *kitten* cause you to stay off your plan!!

I won't ! thanks to you guys <3
  • JustDoIt987
    Options
    It is one day. Get back to it tomorrow. Reading through it, it doesn't sound like that bad. What did the calories come to?

About 2500 calories approximately , and I saved about 2000 during the week

So if you have your usual cals plus 2000, you're still under for the week?

I am , but its weird because I dont know why I feel so sick and bloated if I am still under for the week ! Hope i am not sounding dumb :(

Because you ate loads of food?

haha yeah probably cause I ate a lot at once !
  • JustDoIt987
    Options
    The food sounds great. It happens. Move on and good luck for tomorrow.

Thank you so much !
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,161 Member
    Options
    It is one day. Get back to it tomorrow. Reading through it, it doesn't sound like that bad. What did the calories come to?

About 2500 calories approximately , and I saved about 2000 during the week

So if you have your usual cals plus 2000, you're still under for the week?

I am , but its weird because I dont know why I feel so sick and bloated if I am still under for the week ! Hope i am not sounding dumb :(

Because you ate loads of food?

And because your brain is feeling guilty and thinks you should feel miserable. Let it go and get back to things.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Go lift weights, not elliptical. Use those calories to build some muscle rather than try to negate the food. Drinking adequate water will help with bloating.

Not really into lifting :( Wish I was though ! I just bought a 4KG kettlebell today

What sort of lifting have you tried? I tried a few different types of programs before finding something I enjoyed. The typical ones suggested on MFP are ones I really dislike.

oh my , I actually also tried the ones on MFP and really disliked them ! thought I was the only one tbh

Nope, I disliked most of the ones people suggest here. My current favorites aren't ones I would suggest for a beginner, but this is where I found one I enjoyed:

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/find-a-plan.html

Here's a light hearted introduction to lifting that lasts one week:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/new-year-start-here-7-day-beginner-trainer.html

Here's one that I think many newer people like (plus it has a couple of at home workouts):
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html
  • Ericute321
    Ericute321 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Do not worry, girl! No sane person can go without breaking! We all have those days when we either just don't care or really need that comfort food! All you need to do now is not beat yourself up and start fresh tomorrow :) start stronger!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It's one day...how meaningful is it in the grand scheme of things? Not very.
  • lasvegasconcertgirl
    lasvegasconcertgirl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, I read what you ate twice because it sounded so good... Well done! Just resume the straight path now. You're fine.
  • cfm990
    cfm990 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's a stumble, not a fall or a fail. :)
  • mrspett323
    mrspett323 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Honey, I have done worse! That is nothing compared to the damage that could've been done. It's over, move on, don't look back and keep it moving! The next second we can't get back let alone day. We all are human and not perfect! You will be fine! Work it off and it will all Balance out! Smile... hugs
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    We all have good days and bad ones. The important thing is that you recognize what you did and take steps to prevent it from happening again, or at least often. (Life is a marathon, not a Sprint.) Tomorrow is a new day, of course I normally point out that tonight is another meal, don't starve yourself, you might still be over, but try to get back on track.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options

I bought a pair of 12kg!
  • JustDoIt987
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »
    (hugs) It's ok, you had a tough day. You know rationally you aren't in any danger of gaining weight for the week. You haven't blown your goals out of the water. And if you had, so what? It's one week.

Try doing some nice things for yourself that don't involve food. As others suggested, drink water. Add your favorite calorie-free or low-calorie flavor or fruit. Take a walk or work out to your favorite music or show tonight (not when you have a full stomach!) . Watch some indulgence TV (I personally like Korean Dramas over at dramafever, or to pop in a movie like Spirited Away, your mileage may vary). Read an absorbing book. Call your best friend. Paint your nails. Pet your cat or dog. If you don't have a pet, visit an animal shelter and pet the animals there. Listen to some great music. Organize your closet. (ok I'm weird, I stress-clean). Take a long bubble bath, and make sure you use lotion after. Brew some herbal tea. Just relax!

2,500 calories REALLY isn't that big a deal. You are doing ok. :smile:

Ohh these are such great ideas !
    Your are so kind <3
    Thank you!
  • JustDoIt987
    Options

Nope, I disliked most of the ones people suggest here. My current favorites aren't ones I would suggest for a beginner, but this is where I found one I enjoyed:

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/find-a-plan.html

Here's a light hearted introduction to lifting that lasts one week:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/new-year-start-here-7-day-beginner-trainer.html

Here's one that I think many newer people like (plus it has a couple of at home workouts):
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html

Will check them out! Thank you! And if that you in your profile picture, you look awesome !
  • JustDoIt987
    Options
    Ericute321 wrote: »
    Do not worry, girl! No sane person can go without breaking! We all have those days when we either just don't care or really need that comfort food! All you need to do now is not beat yourself up and start fresh tomorrow :) start stronger!

Thanks a lot for this !
  • JustDoIt987
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    It's one day...how meaningful is it in the grand scheme of things? Not very.

Good point ! Thank you <3
  • JustDoIt987
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, I read what you ate twice because it sounded so good... Well done! Just resume the straight path now. You're fine.

Thats so sweet! Thank you <3
  • JustDoIt987
    Options
    cfm990 wrote: »
    It's a stumble, not a fall or a fail. :)

Love this! Thanks!