I messed up guys ! Real bad :(

Options

Replies

• JustDoIt987
    JustDoIt987 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    mrspett323 wrote: »
    Honey, I have done worse! That is nothing compared to the damage that could've been done. It's over, move on, don't look back and keep it moving! The next second we can't get back let alone day. We all are human and not perfect! You will be fine! Work it off and it will all Balance out! Smile... hugs

So true ! It happens to everyone ! Thank you <3
  • JustDoIt987
    Options
    We all have good days and bad ones. The important thing is that you recognize what you did and take steps to prevent it from happening again, or at least often. (Life is a marathon, not a Sprint.) Tomorrow is a new day, of course I normally point out that tonight is another meal, don't starve yourself, you might still be over, but try to get back on track.

Exactly ! Thank you so much <3
  • JustDoIt987
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Go lift weights, not elliptical. Use those calories to build some muscle rather than try to negate the food. Drinking adequate water will help with bloating.

Not really into lifting :( Wish I was though ! I just bought a 4KG kettlebell today
    I bought a pair of 12kg!

Oh wow ! Now I feel like a weak loser haha!
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like life happened. You're already on the right track after as you owned up to what you ate and realized how it made you feel! I hope tomorrow is better. I too use to find comfort in food but I'm now starting to find a different different​ way to cope usually a walk or an extra trip to the gym. Hope tomorrow is better
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I'm not making this up, yesterday I ate over 5000 cals. Today, lots of water, Pilates and back to 1700. What's done is done. Learn from it and move on. Next time you get upset, go for a nice long walk, then if you still want the milkshake, go for it. But you probably won't.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    It happens. Just start again today.

I went to a friends BBQ last night. The theme was "what can we fry in the driveway in my new deep fryer". LOL.

I was doing good sticking to the veggie tray until a friendly "Cards Against Humanity/too many Jell-O shots" drinking game and fried Oreos (followed by fried pickles, fried onions, fried chicken....). I didn't log the fried Oreos -- I just don't want to know. Oh well, at least it was fun. :)

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    It happens. Just start again today.

I went to a friends BBQ last night. The theme was "what can we fry in the driveway in my new deep fryer". LOL.

I was doing good sticking to the veggie tray until a friendly "Cards Against Humanity/too many Jell-O shots" drinking game and fried Oreos (followed by fried pickles, fried onions, fried chicken....). I didn't log the fried Oreos -- I just don't want to know. Oh well, at least it was fun. :)

Sounds awesome! :lol:
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Man. That's a bummer. The good news is today is a new day and you can do better. Just acknowledge it and move on.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, I read what you ate twice because it sounded so good...

Me, too!

I have days where I just want to eat the world. Days I want to bite some one and end up biting something...or a dozen or two. If you're still not over maintenance for the week, you're good. And if you are over...kick some kitten next week (or maybe just the bf). Don't give up!
  • LTCDustySmith
    LTCDustySmith Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It happens.....look forward, not backward
  • EUnder90710
    EUnder90710 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Honestly, we have all been there at some point of another. As in everything in life, pick up yourself up, dust yourself off and begin again. There will be ups and downs but the secret is to keep going. When I get these craving, I drink at least 20 oz of water and just try to work through the emotional eating by substituting with something that is still yummy but not as bad. Good luck, and keep going...
  • moonbeam568
    moonbeam568 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day. You just had one bad day get back on track and you can do it!
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Happened to me yesterday too, except I enjoyed eating all the foods. You don't need to beat yourself up just make sure one bad day doesn't turn into two or a week etc. Log it and move on.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! I've been a bit of a binger my whole life. Although I never starve myself or skip a mean. I eat like a "normal" person for about 5 days before having an off night and consuming an incredibly large amount of food between 7-9 pm.
    Last night for me it was tea, 2 chocolate chip cookies, large cheese bun, bowl of cheddar ritz crackers, 1 Kirkland cookie dough protein bar and a handful of jubjub's. This was all AFTER dinner.

I wish I could find my "trigger" but I don't have one. I was stress-free, happy, my house was clean, enjoying a cup of tea. There was no reason for over-eating but I found myself craving sugar and couldn't satisfy the dragon......
    And I'm up another pound this week (I do my weigh-ins on Sat morning).

I believe these "over-eating" moments are definitely ruining any chances of weight loss for me. :(

I feel so good for 5 days, and then I always have a bad night of over-eating.

A key step in controlling binge eating is to clean house, so you don't have ready temptation of cookies, candy, and crackers in the cupboard. I no longer have cookies and candy in the house and it helps a lot.
  • 66Andy66
    66Andy66 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone
    Today I've had a huge argument with my ex boyfriend and I ended up finding comfort in food ! This is very unusual of me , but I usually save calories for Saturday night , and since I did not go out today I ended up binging over food I didnt even really enjoy :(
    I ate : 1 slice deep pan pizza , 1/2 a glass of milkshake , 8 pieces of sushi , 8 oreos , 4 pieces string cheese and 150g of Maltesers
    My maintenance calories are 2000
    I feel disgusted with myself and feel like throwing up :(

How is it you have access to all that junk food?
    Rule number one when you decide to stick to a diet is "sanitizing" home, removing every junk or otherwise unhealthy food. Avoid keeping milkshakes/Oreo/Maltesers/Fat cheese at hand's reach. Doing so it will spare you a lot of frustration.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    66Andy66 wrote: »
    Rule number one when you decide to stick to a diet is "sanitizing" home, removing every junk or otherwise unhealthy food. Avoid keeping milkshakes/Oreo/Maltesers/Fat cheese at hand's reach. Doing so it will spare you a lot of frustration.

No, just no. Deprivation will lead to frustration and binges.
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »

No, just no. Deprivation will lead to frustration and binges.

For some of us, it works. Out of sight, out of mind. If it isn't there, I'm not going to want to eat it.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,429 Member
    Options
    Ooo, it's a four-quadrant analysis of your possible feelings/actions after an over-goal day:

rn8bb1sg02d3.jpg

May I echo others, and suggest selecting the upper right quadrant? ;)

(Apologies: I used to be a systems analyst.)
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Hello everyone
    Today I've had a huge argument with my ex boyfriend and I ended up finding comfort in food ! This is very unusual of me , but I usually save calories for Saturday night , and since I did not go out today I ended up binging over food I didnt even really enjoy :(
    I ate : 1 slice deep pan pizza , 1/2 a glass of milkshake , 8 pieces of sushi , 8 oreos , 4 pieces string cheese and 150g of Maltesers
    My maintenance calories are 2000
    I feel disgusted with myself and feel like throwing up :(

How is it you have access to all that junk food?

Don't know about the OP but many of us live with others who have no need to have a home 'sanitized' of junk or unhealthy (by your definition) food. I'm not about to tell my husband he can't have his favorite candy in the house because I might be overcome by a craving some night and get into it.

Better to find a healthier way to cope. Temptation will always be around in one form or another.

Since she fought with her ex BF, doesn't sound like she needs to feed a husband.

Cleansing your house as much as possible is a sound strategy, and hardly deprivation (as another indicated)