Looking to God instead of food--fellow Believers out there?

Options

Replies

• janieb67
    janieb67 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I work on this daily
  • FluffyMamaNeeds2Lose
    FluffyMamaNeeds2Lose Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Everyone feel free to add me. God has really been convicting me of my battle of the flesh and gluttony lately. I have been seeking him and trying to learn my true hunger cues instead of eating my emotions etc. When we center our lives on him everything else falls into place.
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I really don't mean to offend anyone
    This is a genuine question

"Looking to god instead of food" .. why can't you just do it for yourself? Why do you need god to help you with this journey?

I'm intrigued.

Is that a genuine question or a challenge?
  • Deadlifting_Away_Doritos
    Options

"Looking to god instead of food" .. why can't you just do it for yourself? Why do you need god to help you with this journey?

I'm intrigued.

Not offended at all. It's a great question.

For me it's simply being appreciative and disciplined with what God has given me. Our bodies aren't perfect and to try to make them that isn't healthy. I think we should take care of it since it is the temple of God. I find when I try to do things in my own strength I fail. When I pray and rely on Him it isn't so stressful.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options

I'm intrigued.

Is that a genuine question or a challenge?

Genuine question. As stated.
  • Bex953172
    Options

I'm intrigued.

I know there's a lot of different answers out there from a lot of different people, but here's how I see it:

Why do we need God to lead us? Because without Him, we wouldn't have a body in the first place! No one knows the human body better than God. He's the one who designed it! Our body is a temporary gift, and that's an awesome motivation to take care of it.

What I'm saying is, if we can't create ourselves, how can we expect to improve ourselves all on our own? We're dependent on God for life. He knows how everything works, including our food cravings and weight loss processes. No human completely understands how all that works!

Okay that explains it quite well!

Another question if you don't mind.. (again this is not to "challenge" or cause offence..

I personally don't believe in god. But I can still achieve my goals, do you ever think of it like that?

I am totally respectful of peoples faiths I was just wondering that's all!
  • joegibbs2112
    joegibbs2112 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I follow and tythe to the Living Church of God .
  • joegibbs2112
    joegibbs2112 Posts: 41 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

I'm intrigued.

I know there's a lot of different answers out there from a lot of different people, but here's how I see it:

Why do we need God to lead us? Because without Him, we wouldn't have a body in the first place! No one knows the human body better than God. He's the one who designed it! Our body is a temporary gift, and that's an awesome motivation to take care of it.

What I'm saying is, if we can't create ourselves, how can we expect to improve ourselves all on our own? We're dependent on God for life. He knows how everything works, including our food cravings and weight loss processes. No human completely understands how all that works!

Another question if you don't mind.. (again this is not to "challenge" or cause offence..

I personally don't believe in god. But I can still achieve my goals, do you ever think of it like that?

The fact that you are 'wondering' and looking in a post about something you 'don't believe in' speaks volumes to me. You may not be looking for God... but maybe He is looking for you my love x
    Very Well Said. If people would follow the Makers dietary guidelines as stated in Leviticus we would feel much healthier,

• Run4life375
    Run4life375 Posts: 98 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

I'm not offended at all! It's great that you're searching for answers.

Again, there's different opinions on this, but I'll try to explain.

You definitely can achieve your goals, because we're each given a choice. God gives us our bodies, we choose what to do with them (to a point). Obviously, there are some things out of our control. God has a master plan, and although we still can make decisions about how we live, nothing can happen without Him knowing about it and allowing it.
  • robinforaker
    robinforaker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please add me!
  • juyehara
    juyehara Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you, part of my reason for walking is to pray. Food and soft drinks were my downfall. I've gotten better with soft drinks.
  • jalapenotech
    jalapenotech Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

I'm intrigued.

They probably don't think about you or your goals. As they probably never heard of you before and they don't know you. You just showed up on this thread obviously champing at the bit to tell them you don't believe in God.

Wind your neck in.
    I've stated my reasons. I've been extremely polite.

I could of jumped on the thread and said "you're all effing insane believing in something like that"

But I didn't, because I'm respectful of different beliefs.

If you've got some sort of problem.. well.. just get over it because It's just boring. You're just trying to have a go over nothing. It's ridiculous.

Oh. Okay. Glad to hear it. LOL.

What is your problem..?
  • jboat3333
    jboat3333 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Life is funny. My ex wife and I were just discussing the mission trip our son and I are going on. She's happy for me because I've finally turned to God. I am happy for her because she found a great husband that my son respects...and her faith. I'm taking my son to see a case for Christ tomorrow. I went back here and saw this post. Affirmation. Please add me. Also, first post!
  • Deadlifting_Away_Doritos
    Options

I'm intrigued.

They probably don't think about you or your goals. As they probably never heard of you before and they don't know you. You just showed up on this thread obviously champing at the bit to tell them you don't believe in God.

Wind your neck in.
    I've stated my reasons. I've been extremely polite.

I could of jumped on the thread and said "you're all effing insane believing in something like that"

But I didn't, because I'm respectful of different beliefs.

If you've got some sort of problem.. well.. just get over it because It's just boring. You're just trying to have a go over nothing. It's ridiculous.

You have been polite and everyone should appreciate that.
  • ServeJesus2008
    ServeJesus2008 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hey looking for Christian friends feel free to add me im very active on here.