You have 200 calories left to eat.

Options
tlanger251
tlanger251 Posts: 86 Member
edited March 2017 in Motivation and Support
and ....9 grams of carbs, 6 grams of protein, and 22 grams of fat.. and you kinda want to hit those numbers right on.

What would you eat? (I really want to know!)

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,051 Member
    Options
    When I have 200 calories left, I go with toast and honey or toast and cheese depending if I'm craving something sweet or salty.

I don't care about macros.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Nuts and nut butters fit neatly into that ratio, but something isn't right. The macros add up to more than 200 calories.
  • tlanger251
    tlanger251 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    my whole life doesn't really add up, but I hope this Keto thing works! I have an aversion to peanut butter, but I sure wish I did not. It would solve some of my fat to protein to carb ratios.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Pork scratching.

Almond butter.

Cashew butter.

Boiled eggs.
  • amusedmonkey
    Options
    tlanger251 wrote: »
    my whole life doesn't really add up, but I hope this Keto thing works! I have an aversion to peanut butter, but I sure wish I did not. It would solve some of my fat to protein to carb ratios.

Do you like any other nuts (not necessarily butter)? Adding a few walnuts or almonds to certain dishes, or even just having a handful of salted nuts for a snack - salt is good on keto.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Cheese or jerky?
  • amusedmonkey
    Options

Cheese or jerky?

Yep, good option too. Cheese for the protein and fat plus a vegetable for the carbs. Avocados are a good fat+carb combo too.
  • youdowant
    youdowant Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I would eat food.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    and ....9 grams of carbs, 6 grams of protein, and 22 grams of fat.. and you kinda want to hit those numbers right on.

What would you eat? (I really want to know!)

I would not try to get all of those numbers exactly.
    I might choose cottage cheese.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You can't hit those numbers for 200 cals... the 22g of fat alone is 198 calories... those macros add up to 258 calories.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Mandarin oranges or cherry tomatoes are sweet and can tide you over for the rest of the evening. I also don't concern myself too greatly with macros.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    about 2 servings of the Green Giant Riced Vegetables (I had the cauliflower mix last night) - each serving is 5g carb and 2protein, 0 fat

and then mix in a scoop or so or cream cheese for fat - 30g has about 9g fat, and 2g protein I think
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I don't think you can hit those numbers straight on, cuz 22 grams of fat = 198 calories, BUT, I'd say a 100-calorie bag of microwave popcorn, and an ounce of cheddar cheese. That's 215 calories, 9g carbs, 16g fat & 9g protein.
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Something covered in chocolate
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    big spoonful of peanut butter!

^This. Only I'd have 2 tablespoonfuls. :p
  • nationalvillage3215
    nationalvillage3215 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Beans
  • moonbeam568
    moonbeam568 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is my go to
  • nrbutton
    nrbutton Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    2 Jumbo Scrambled Eggs
    180 calories
    4 tbsp pace picante sauce
    20 calories

I love eggs and picante sauce so it's my go to for snack or meal. Super filling
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    onward1 wrote: »
    big spoonful of peanut butter!

^This. Only I'd have 2 tablespoonfuls. :p

I can get a lot on one spoon...