Options
2»

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    emjam99 wrote: »
    Are they bad for me?

i never finished the only clif bar i ever bought [and i bought it because i was starving]. but what you describe has become me and their builder bars.

idk if they're bad for me. like, literally and physically bad. but i think they're getting to be my version of the soylent phenomenon, and i don't really like that.

i don't expect to get scurvy or anything, but i do realise i'm getting uncomfortable with the way that i'm 'using' them as an easy cop-out from eating 'real' food.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Cliff Bars have been my favorite since they came on the market. . . 20 some odd years ago. They're relative cheap, have great macros, and enough fiber to count for something. I'm not fond of soy, but the Coconut or Peanut Toffee Buzz. . . sometimes I just want one.

The kids LOVE them, especially the youngest.
  • ConquerAndBloom
    ConquerAndBloom Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I like Luna Bars in place of candy, more protein than a candy bar and I'm pretty satisfied after eating one. The peppermint and the "nutz over chocolate" ones are my absolute faaaavorite!
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Have those things (Clif bars) gotten better in recent years?

When I tried them it was like trying to eat ground up cardboard with some only just palatable stuff thrown in..

I hate the 3 main flavors. The nuts and seeds one is pretty good (at least to me) ... I often have half of one crumbled into yogurt in the morning, or dipped in peanut butter between running/gym and dancing.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    $11 for a box of 12 (or $1.09/single bar) at my nearby Wegmans for the standard clif bars.. So I buy those.. The other varieties (builders, etc) are priced higher.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I like the chocolate chip clif bar. I actually just had one. Macros suck, but it was tasty. I don't like the taste of the builder bars.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I eat 2-3 a day In order to hit my calorie goal
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I'll use them for carb boosting post lifting sometimes. I'll generally pair it with something like a 25-30g whey shake to get my macros halfway balanced. Depends on how I'm feeling though. These days, I'm just as likely to eat a couple of apples instead.
  • nickhinds88
    nickhinds88 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yes they are tasty and I eat them occasionally as a snack . There essentially a candy bar with added vitamins and minerals. But if it fits your macros and cals for the day and u really enjoy them then go to town.
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    The new nut butter ones are really good. Great for a treat! Better than a candy bar.