Started Low carb 2 weeks ago

Options
Lkbaker
Lkbaker Posts: 35 Member
Just started low carb 2 weeks ago. Calorie counting wasn't working for me. I have lost 6 lbs and have about 50 to go. Looking for Keto, low carb friends

Replies

• triciamoga
    triciamoga Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Started keto almost two weeks ago with my husband! I've lost 7 pounds so far!
  • dmpaul482
    dmpaul482 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Started Keto 2 weeks ago and down 12.6lbs
  • mcleodcon1981
    mcleodcon1981 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about starting it but have lots of questions. Do you not worry about your calories if you are doing keto?
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Come on down, to the Low-Carber Daily Forum! Chock-a-block full of keto-ers and lots of excellent resources.

With how much I've been recommending them lately I feel like an LCD evangelist . . .
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about starting it but have lots of questions. Do you not worry about your calories if you are doing keto?

You ALWAYS have to worry about calories......weight loss is calories in vs. calories out. Eliminating an entire macro often makes calorie counting easier. Plus the initial drop in water weight is encouraging.

Elimination diets do help me lose weight.....but I don't do them anymore because it's not realistic for maintenance for me.....if you can see a future lifestyle in keto, or low carb (or you have medical issues) then it's a good choice.

Losing weight is just the first step.
  • menotyou56
    menotyou56 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Started keto Jan 8th this year, down 30ish so far. Looking to lose a whole lot more by the end of the year. Good luck on your weight loss!