For all you 5'3" ladies out there... Ideal weight!?

Options

Replies

• Juliska3
    Options
    I'm an RN...I never give patients a 'range' because it is abused. Better to go with a specific ideal weight. For 5'3 it is 125. (Certainly not 140).I'm an inch taller and 122. A 'Few pounds' overweight is 5 and not 15. Best to stay under 130 especially if child bearing goals. Way, way easier to return to a healthy weight afterwards. We recommend about 30 lbs weight gain for a healthy woman during pregnancy (less if overweight). If you are fit and healthy before pregnancy , then you can expect to be fit and toned within 6 months. An ideal weight 'now' how makes it way easier.

• Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    pretty sure anything from 105 - 140 is considered normal, but why do you need to determine it now? Can't you just lose weight and see where you look best? I'm 5'4" and 106'ish. I'm not muscular and don't have big boobs. I think the more muscular you are and the bigger boobs you have, the better you can look at a higher weight. I look better at a lower weight because I carry it all in my thighs.
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I preferred myself at about 120 or so, which I'm trying to get back to. I'm currently at a little over 130 I think, & I look super curvy 'cause I have wide hips. I've heard 115-135 is the ideal & healthy weights for 5'3" though I do believe.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/ go here and fill in height etc :3 no one looks exactly the same.
    right now I'm happy with the weight, but I want to be fitter. I weigh about 116lbs

I agree with looking at this website. you might find someone with similar shape to yours and get an idea at what weight you will look nice. consider also that how much you strength train will be a factor in how much you end up weighing.
  • Emmie112
    Emmie112 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Juliska3 wrote: »
    I'm an RN...I never give patients a 'range' because it is abused. Better to go with a specific ideal weight. For 5'3 it is 125. (Certainly not 140).I'm an inch taller and 122. A 'Few pounds' overweight is 5 and not 15. Best to stay under 130 especially if child bearing goals. Way, way easier to return to a healthy weight afterwards. We recommend about 30 lbs weight gain for a healthy woman during pregnancy (less if overweight). If you are fit and healthy before pregnancy , then you can expect to be fit and toned within 6 months. An ideal weight 'now' how makes it way easier.

Thanks Juliska. I need to share this with friends who think they will lose the weight after their second child.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I know this is a super old thread, but I was going to say it would be the weight one feels comfortable with. I'm 5'3 and I was 140 pounds when I was very active, and I had a pretty toned body. I'm planning on getting back to this weight.
  • nicolepburgess91
    nicolepburgess91 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm only an inch taller. But I have quite a large frame. My doctor told me I should aim to be between 120 and 135. I can't really judge your frame size by pictures but if I had to guess I would say your ideal would be a max of 135 but I could be very wrong.
  • strifechick
    strifechick Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I think I was the happiest when I was between 105-110 I think I was too thin when I weighed less and was self conscious when I was much more. I'm currently 153 and my goal is to just get back to around 120-125.

This is me when I was around 110-115 and I was pretty happy with it.

yn3yu2f4angu.jpg
  • slinkyroo
    slinkyroo Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im 5' 2 the lowest i have been is 126 , i dont think i can maintain that weight it was a size 8 ( UK) for me I am aiming for a toned 133-140 size 10-12 currently 166lbs size 14-16. Weight def looks very different on diff people so its what is right for you xx
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 120, but I might go down to 117. I won't know until I get down to 120.
  • meg314159
    meg314159 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My happy weight (a weight that was easy to maintain and felt good) was always around 105-110 lbs. I'm currently at 133 and for now I'm aiming for 110, but I'll see how I look and feel as I progress.
  • Tania_181
    Tania_181 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm aspiring to 20% body fat, which I calculated for myself as 111lbs. I imagine I will be happy with the results before I reach that goal though, which is a bonus.
  • acuc24
    acuc24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3, smaller frame, I feel like I look great between 120-125, but still pretty dang good at 130. My lowest as an adult was 112 (and I got concerned comments that I was too thin), and highest was 147, and I felt very uncomfortable at that weight.
  • Rachetpeg
    Rachetpeg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5ft3, currently weigh 115lbs. I felt best at around 105 so am aiming for 105-108. I know it's only a few pounds but it makes a big difference when you're small, as you will all know! I'm really struggling to get back to this weight this time though and keep going over my calories... if any people with similar goals want to add me maybe that will help keep me on track!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I am 5'3" and my goal is 130 lbs. I was 185 when I started and wore a size 16. I am now 150 and my size 12s are falling off me -- maybe a size 10 now? I need to go clothes shopping. Maybe at Goodwill. I am tired of spending money on clothes that I can only wear for a few months!
  • abetterme121215
    abetterme121215 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and I was 137 lbs before getting pregnant. I felt great. For me, I'm happy with 135-145 depending on muscle and how much I'm lifting.
  • Otto132
    Otto132 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5 and started at 161, and was a size 12. I'm 133 now, and a size 8. I feel pretty good with how I look now, but still have lingering problem areas, so I'm not quite done losing. I'm aiming for 110, but I really just pulled that number from a hat, so I may be fine at a higher weight.
  • risberg96
    risberg96 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    This is me at 157... 5'3 and a half... still have a ways to go for a healthy BMI. v8ath8c4mtz7.jpg
  • pouporea
    pouporea Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also 5’3 and I have lost 21 pounds in the past year. I am 109 pounds right now with about 11.5% body fat
    3h4gi2iygb17.jpeg
  • loe_loe23
    loe_loe23 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently fluctuate between 125-128lbs. Lowest I've gotten was 124. My starting weight in September of 2017 was 152lbs. I'd love to reach 120-115 but so far I can't get below 125 other than the one time I got to 124... Sweets are my weakness