I'm afraid of being stronger than men.

Options

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    In college, I loved being stronger than men. It was a fun party trick to put someone on your back and squat them with a beer in your hand. I also got laid a lot.

I love your posts! You always make me giggle!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Or wear crazy high heels and ask him to carry you at the end of the night. If he can't then just hobble off to a cab and go your separate way.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    Are there no men at your gym? They lift, don't they? :)

If you associate with like minded people, with similar hobbies, you'll meet people who enjoy similar things to you. Perhaps join a different gym with a focus on powerlifting or bodybuilding...

This was my thought. I'm happily married (19 years) to a guy who lifts, but if I wanted to find a date at my gym, I think I easily could (that sounds vain :# ).

Men and women :wink:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Are there no men at your gym? They lift, don't they? :)

If you associate with like minded people, with similar hobbies, you'll meet people who enjoy similar things to you. Perhaps join a different gym with a focus on powerlifting or bodybuilding...

This was my thought. I'm happily married (19 years) to a guy who lifts, but if I wanted to find a date at my gym, I think I easily could (that sounds vain :# ).

Men and women :wink:

:D
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Seriously? If you really want to meet lots of men who will be stronger than you, get yourself into the strength sports.
  • dudebro200
    dudebro200 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    If you're stronger than a potential mate, then you need to move on to someone else.

I have seen some very attractive girls incline pressing with 35-45lbs dumbells. Michelle Obama used 45lbs. Unfortunately, a lot of guys struggle with that weight on an incline press.

Women who lift and don't take hormones have the best bodies and overall aesthetic in my eyes.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Um. It doesn't matter. Husband and I are stronger than each other in different ways. I lift, he doesn't.

And why would you bring stronger limit the dating pool unless you specifically introduced yourself as being strong? That's silly. "Hi, I'm xxxx and I'm most likely stronger than you". See? :laugh:
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    xtxtxtx wrote: »
    I do have this nagging fear of like, being stronger than men.

You already are, you always were and you always will be.
    That's nature, no matter how weak you are there will always be someone weaker, or stronger, when we come to that.

The solution to your problem is quite easy:
    - Premise 1: You love strength training
    - Premise 2: You want a mate that has more physical power than you
    - Solution: Aim higher, look for heavyweight-boxers

• sainteggo
    sainteggo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    do no worry about being stronger than men. keep lifting and get as strong or as big as you like. You probably are stronger than some men already and so what. only weak minded people will mind or not like it and you do not want an insecure man anyway.