Options
13»

Replies

• sueberlin
    sueberlin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    sueberlin wrote: »
    'Clean' eating has absolutely nothing to do with weight loss, (it's a subjective term that doesn't even have an agreed on definition). For weight loss to happen you must be at the correct calorie deficit for your weight loss goals.

Are you using a food scale to measure out your portion sizes? Are you logging everything you eat/drink that has calories? Are you choosing correct data base entries?

Also, your weight will fluctuate daily, due to all sorts of things not fat related.

I know that it is about the calorie deficit. I just wanted to point out that I eat quality calories and nothing processed. And yes I am using a food scale and measure ALL my portions. I also log in EVERYTHING even the 1/4 cup of onion. I only drink water. I am certain I am using the correct data base. This is not the first time I am doing this. In the past I always lost easy. Did my body change? Because I am in my 30is now? I am 282 lbs and eat 1200 - 1300 cal I should have enough calorie deficit plus the exercise. I just started this diet. How can I already have a plateau??

You're supposed to weigh every food that is solid or semi solid. Onions should be weighed. Cups/spoons for liquid only.

Type of food has no bearing on weight loss. I've eaten chocolate almost every day since losing over 100lbs.

And why are you telling me this? I already answered and said that I was just giving an example and that I use the scale for even a cup or a spoon of onions!

That post was before the post where you explained that, so she probably hadn't seen it yet. Consider taking a deep breath. You've asked for help and people are trying to help you. The way the forum is laid out, it's sometimes hard to see if someone has clarified or explained something in a later post.

Thanks...I know. I assumed that. Thanks. Still wanted to say that.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    'Clean' eating has absolutely nothing to do with weight loss, (it's a subjective term that doesn't even have an agreed on definition). For weight loss to happen you must be at the correct calorie deficit for your weight loss goals.

Are you using a food scale to measure out your portion sizes? Are you logging everything you eat/drink that has calories? Are you choosing correct data base entries?

Also, your weight will fluctuate daily, due to all sorts of things not fat related.

I know that it is about the calorie deficit. I just wanted to point out that I eat quality calories and nothing processed. And yes I am using a food scale and measure ALL my portions. I also log in EVERYTHING even the 1/4 cup of onion. I only drink water. I am certain I am using the correct data base. This is not the first time I am doing this. In the past I always lost easy. Did my body change? Because I am in my 30is now? I am 282 lbs and eat 1200 - 1300 cal I should have enough calorie deficit plus the exercise. I just started this diet. How can I already have a plateau??

You're supposed to weigh every food that is solid or semi solid. Onions should be weighed. Cups/spoons for liquid only.

Type of food has no bearing on weight loss. I've eaten chocolate almost every day since losing over 100lbs.

And why are you telling me this? I already answered and said that I was just giving an example and that I use the scale for even a cup or a spoon of onions!

You should realize that not everyone reads through an entire thread before they post. :) I certainly don't. Although sometimes I might read a later post that makes me want to go back and edit my previous one. :p
  • sueberlin
    Options
    I did think of that. I was just a little frustrated. :) That happens. Life is not easy and we all make mistakes right.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I did think of that. I was just a little frustrated. :) That happens. Life is not easy and we all make mistakes right.

We sure do. Hope you have a better week next week! :)
  • RobD520
    RobD520 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    One other point I don't think anyone raised is that, at a 25.6 BMI, you don't have as much to lose as some and so weight loss is likely to be slower.
  • sueberlin
    Options
    RobD520 wrote: »
    One other point I don't think anyone raised is that, at a 25.6 BMI, you don't have as much to lose as some and so weight loss is likely to be slower.

I wish I had that BMI ;) mine is waaaayy higher
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I know of very few people who had their logging down pat 1 week in, I'd start there. Weighing food by the gram and being consistent.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

That post was before the post where you explained that, so she probably hadn't seen it yet. Consider taking a deep breath. You've asked for help and people are trying to help you. The way the forum is laid out, it's sometimes hard to see if someone has clarified or explained something in a later post.

Thanks. I replied and put my phone down. And I was just trying to help, but, you know... *shrug*
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Everybody's different. You could be plateauing while your body adjusts to the change in calorie intake, or your age could be a contributing factor (I lose weight less easily than I did at 22 when I started on MFP, and I'm only 26 now). You will also have to make bigger sacrifices the more weight you lose, it will get harder to make a difference as you go along. I think you need to give it more time. :)
    Not likely since a "plateau" in weight loss would consist of at least 6 weeks of consistency with no weight movement at all.
    It's only been a week and to make a good assessment, it would take about a month of consistency to see what's going on.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    It's been a mere week...

this ..

OP - you did not gain all your weight in a week, and you will not lose it in a week either.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Have a little patience Op it's only been a week. If you're not using a food scale this will help you out going forward. Also weight tends to fluctuate and weight loss is not linear. Even with accurate weighing you'll realize you'll lose weight sometimes, maintain others, and possibly gain weight as well depending on circumstances. Good luck on your journey feel free to let us know how you're faring in a month.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP a long time (lost weight, now maintaining).

Who succeeds here: People who stay the course, pick a reasonable weight loss rate, patiently do the right things, and wait to see the result. It may take month or six weeks to see those results through random weight fluctuations up and down, but they do see the results. If they keep going, they keep seeing those results, and reach their goals.

Who doesn't succeed here: People who expect instant, consistent results. If they don't see progress in a day, or a week, or whatever, they get all stressed, start making changes like a crazy person, look for magic foods (green tea! ACV!), over-cut calories, fall off the wagon, and eventually fail.

Take a deep breath. Relax. Be the first kind of person. Stress burns zero calories. Stress hormones may even be counter-productive.

If you don't believe me, go read the "Success Stories" forum.
  • tricia5715
    tricia5715 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    On the scale not budging "AT ALL". Be warned some scales have a memory and will show the most recent weight if the current weight is within a half pound or so. I know my last scale would not changed unless my weight changes by ~ 3/4 of a lb. I would step on it with one foot, get the reading and then step on it normally to reset it.

Could be the case here.

Oh my goodness!! I tried this and it worked! I got on the scale this morning and same #. I stepped off - put just half of me on there - cleared that and then stepped on it again and Voila! I was down .6 pounds! Thank you for the tip!