Eating healthy around un-healthy people.

Options
2»

Replies

• Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I get you, I moved in with my family after living away from them for the last 8 years- I've gotten so used to controlling what is in the fridge and what I will have for dinner, that it's frustrating that they bring me food.

In the last 5 days, I have been presented/gifted by family and friends: half a gourmet sandwich, a homemade cupcake, a homemade carrot cake, 1 salad entrée, 1 Starbucks drink mix, 1 to go box of pancit, 1 order of lumpia, and a block of my favorite cheese.

In the last 2 weeks, add 1 pizza, Taco Bell, 3 cupcakes, 2 slices of cake, a carton of peppered tofu, a Thai kale salad, and a box of crackers.

It's like that all the time. A 400calorie can of soup "I thought you'd like to try" - hot pizza "somebody cancelled their order, I don't like this kind but I knew you would" - Caramel Latte "I thought you could use some coffee" - cakes "just because" - chocolate bunnies - "I made too much macaroni and cheese so I brought you some" - "I couldn't stop at ___ and not get you something!" - "There's a box of donuts on the counter, there are 2 in there for you"

My family KNOWS I do not like being given food. They admit they shouldn't. They start everything with "I know you don't like me to get you food, but-"

It's a struggle.
  • Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I just messaged my sister to say I was about to come home from work, and was told I have Domino's pizza waiting for me....
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I just messaged my sister to say I was about to come home from work, and was told I have Domino's pizza waiting for me....

So make yourself something else and don't eat it. It's not your fault they waste money buying you food you didn't ask for and don't want.