Ask me anything?

Options

Replies

• CrabbyCancerMama
    CrabbyCancerMama Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm at a plateau after losing 90lbs in 14m. I'm gonna try CLA and fasting cardio? Any advice in those 2 areas?
  • CrabbyCancerMama
    CrabbyCancerMama Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Are you familiar with intermittent fasting? I'm doing the 16:8 version, but given my schedule, I can't work out fasted. Will i get the same results? And why do they suggest low carb for IF? Is that really necessary? And how low carb are we talking?

I'm gonna try the 16:8 for the first time tomorrow, I'm hungry all ready
  • B__ROCK
    B__ROCK Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    B__ROCK wrote: »
    I really don't think think that holding someone purporting to provide advice to people to a decent standard is bullying. You have held yourself out as a resource. Clearly, people have attempted to make use of that resource. Attempting to establish whether the resource is reliable isn't bullying, it's responsible and community-minded.

Yes but there is better ways to do it everyone who asked I answered. We need this thread to turn into a discussion the name of the thread is the name of the thread. Everything I post I want people to give me there opinions of the subject not there opinions of me. It's about learning as a community not *kitten* people down!

I wasn't trying to shut you down. I was wondering why you hadn't asked for further information from those who asked questions without enough information to give an appropriate to them answer.

If you have a look round you'll see that that's what the community does, so that people get full and accurate advice for their exact situation. It just makes sense and i would hope any professional I went to (not just fitness professionals) would probe a little deeper if I asked a question that didn't have a one size fits all question.

Yes and I know you understand you can not give 10 page answers just to cover basis. People can ask follow up questions if they find things they need to know. I try to answer a question as much as can so people don't have to waste time getting vague answers. You have to think as the first answer I give as the start of a discussion not just a complete answer that is really the only way you can look at things in nutrition and fitness.

Okay. So for example, first poster asked how to combat fatigue coming to the end of their loss. You replied the end of a cut really starts at the beginning. In what way is that answering the question about fatigue. You NEED more information to even begin to give a simple answer.

Second question was should I be eating exercise calories. You responded with drink coffee with coconut oil. This also completely fails to answer the question never mind the needing more information.

So you can see why I initially asked what I asked. And if this thread is an imperfect forum to have extended conversations that actually offer useful information and answers that aren't even relevant to the question then how about jumping into the thousands of threads by a specific poster with their specific question where you can get all of the information needed and answer appropriately.

Funny that, your completely wrong please go back and look at the post and reply's. Attacking someone's response for no reason!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I really don't think think that holding someone purporting to provide advice to people to a decent standard is bullying. You have held yourself out as a resource. Clearly, people have attempted to make use of that resource. Attempting to establish whether the resource is reliable isn't bullying, it's responsible and community-minded.

Yes but there is better ways to do it everyone who asked I answered. We need this thread to turn into a discussion the name of the thread is the name of the thread. Everything I post I want people to give me there opinions of the subject not there opinions of me. It's about learning as a community not *kitten* people down!

I wasn't trying to shut you down. I was wondering why you hadn't asked for further information from those who asked questions without enough information to give an appropriate to them answer.

If you have a look round you'll see that that's what the community does, so that people get full and accurate advice for their exact situation. It just makes sense and i would hope any professional I went to (not just fitness professionals) would probe a little deeper if I asked a question that didn't have a one size fits all question.

Yes and I know you understand you can not give 10 page answers just to cover basis. People can ask follow up questions if they find things they need to know. I try to answer a question as much as can so people don't have to waste time getting vague answers. You have to think as the first answer I give as the start of a discussion not just a complete answer that is really the only way you can look at things in nutrition and fitness.

Okay. So for example, first poster asked how to combat fatigue coming to the end of their loss. You replied the end of a cut really starts at the beginning. In what way is that answering the question about fatigue. You NEED more information to even begin to give a simple answer.

Second question was should I be eating exercise calories. You responded with drink coffee with coconut oil. This also completely fails to answer the question never mind the needing more information.

So you can see why I initially asked what I asked. And if this thread is an imperfect forum to have extended conversations that actually offer useful information and answers that aren't even relevant to the question then how about jumping into the thousands of threads by a specific poster with their specific question where you can get all of the information needed and answer appropriately.

Funny that, your completely wrong please go back and look at the post and reply's. Attacking someone's response for no reason!

I have edited. Please see my edit.
  • B__ROCK
    B__ROCK Posts: 20 Member
    Options

And while we're here, the coconut reply then makes even less sense. That reply was to someone who just asked about fatigue. Full stop. No mention of working out. What if they don't even like coffee or coconut oil or both? What if they can't spare the calories? There's no such thing as a generic/quick answer in these situations.

Again read the question it's directed as what I do didn't think it was that difficult to understand.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

And while we're here, the coconut reply then makes even less sense. That reply was to someone who just asked about fatigue. Full stop. No mention of working out. What if they don't even like coffee or coconut oil or both? What if they can't spare the calories? There's no such thing as a generic/quick answer in these situations.

Again read the question it's directed as what I do didn't think it was that difficult to understand.

In the interests of making this easy to follow, here is your answer to the fatigue question in full.
    The end of the weight cut really starts at the beginning, being disciplined and not needing to cut out a lot of food, just restricting calories to where you are losing weight. A coffee with some healthy fats, coconut oil, never goes astray to help through the long training sessions either.

So tell me where exactly you stated that this is what you do and how the person asking the question wouldn't see this as your reply to their question?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Sloth2016 wrote: »
    Does cooking with apple cider vinegar destroy its weight loss properties?

Following.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Do you feel BCAA supplementation is useful for nutrition and/or training purposes? And if so, in what context(s)?
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Serious question: Can we ask about MMA?
  • mom22dogs
    mom22dogs Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

If you want to help people, read existing threads and answer questions people have already asked, like the rest of us do. That's how this place works.

Setting one's self up as an expert on first arrival never goes down well, fyi.

Please show me anywhere that I have set my self up as an expert I simply offered answers to questions whilst also sharing what I have done that is all.

Your very first post comes off as really arrogant which doesn't go down well here, so people call you out on it. What makes you so much more knowledgeable than anyone else? Because you have 2 years of studying? I have 6 years of college, but that doesn't make me any more of an expert than you. As others have said, if you really want to help, contribute to the 10,000 threads that are out there already that ask specific questions.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dhara06 wrote: »
    should I be eating back the calories gained from exercise. I.e. eat 1400 burn 600?

The best way to deal with exercise is not to account for it. As long as your exercise is fairly constant, I wouldn’t adjust your food intake.

So ... I cycled 1000 km last month and I ate most of my exercise calories back. Should I have just stuck to my 1275 calorie limit?

I would like an answer to this as well. Sometimes I run 45-50 miles a week. I don't understand how I'm supposed to do that well and eat just 1,460 calories a day.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Where did my other sock go?

This ^^^^^ is awesome!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Where did my other sock go?

The last place you look...