Ask me anything?

Options
B__ROCK
B__ROCK Posts: 20 Member
Hi guys B Rock here experienced in cutting weight and getting the best performance out of the human body. If you would like to know more I'm happy to answer any questions.

Replies

• tiamclaren
    tiamclaren Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In the late stages of a weight cut, how do you overcome the low energy feeling?
  • dhara06
    dhara06 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    should I be eating back the calories gained from exercise. I.e. eat 1400 burn 600?
  • B__ROCK
    Options
    The end of the weight cut really starts at the beginning, being disciplined and not needing to cut out a lot of food, just restricting calories to where you are losing weight. A coffee with some healthy fats, coconut oil, never goes astray to help through the long training sessions either.
  • CherylG1983
    CherylG1983 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Are you familiar with intermittent fasting? I'm doing the 16:8 version, but given my schedule, I can't work out fasted. Will i get the same results? And why do they suggest low carb for IF? Is that really necessary? And how low carb are we talking?
  • B__ROCK
    Options
    What are your qualifications?

Hi, I have been training and competing in MMA for over 10 years, and keep up to date in the latest research in nutrition and open to offer advice.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    What certifications do you have? I have a question I want to ask but..........................
  • B__ROCK
    Options
    Are you familiar with intermittent fasting? I'm doing the 16:8 version, but given my schedule, I can't work out fasted. Will i get the same results? And why do they suggest low carb for IF? Is that really necessary? And how low carb are we talking?

Hi Cheryl,

With intermittent fasting, studies have shown over a 24 hour period, your body will burn the same amount of calories irrespective of when the calories were consumed, therefore it comes down to individual preference whether you can get the most out of your workouts being fasted or not and whichever makes you mentally feel the best for your workout.

• B__ROCK
    Options
    What certifications do you have? I have a question I want to ask but..........................

I don't have any certifications, although have studied a bachelor of science so understand the basic scientific processes and metabolism of the human body, along with keeping up to date with research and trial and error for myself and my own experiences

• B__ROCK
    Options
    dhara06 wrote: »
    should I be eating back the calories gained from exercise. I.e. eat 1400 burn 600?

The best way to deal with exercise is not to account for it. As long as your exercise is fairly constant, I wouldn’t adjust your food intake. Calories burned from exercise is just a rough estimate and every person responds differently, also over time if you are performing the same exercise your body becomes more efficient at not using energy and you burn less calories. I recommend just tracking calories from food, and if you happen to be losing weight to fast from the amount of exercise you are doing then you can increase your calories. The calories provided in my fitness pal are just an initial estimate to start with. As you get more data on your body you will be able to customize your own calories based on your goals.
  • B__ROCK
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Who are you new member and what are you selling?

Just a new member offering advice from personal experience so everyone can achieve there fitness and nutrition goals
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

Who are "they"? I've never seen a low carb suggestion for IF. Low carb is just another dietary choice
  • BizNick
    BizNick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How am I supposed to accurately log chicken breast? I eat boneless/skinless chicken breast daily and there are many, very different nutritional values listed. Some are almost double what an other would say in terms of calories. This is true even when I google it, 4 oz 200 calories, another saying 4 oz 100.... So what's the truth?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    BizNick wrote: »
    How am I supposed to accurately log chicken breast? I eat boneless/skinless chicken breast daily and there are many, very different nutritional values listed. Some are almost double what an other would say in terms of calories. This is true even when I google it, 4 oz 200 calories, another saying 4 oz 100.... So what's the truth?

Weigh your chicken raw before you cook it. Find a USDA entry for raw, boneless, skinless chicken breast.
  • B__ROCK
    Options

BizNick wrote: »

Weigh your chicken raw before you cook it. Find a USDA entry for raw, boneless, skinless chicken breast.

Hi BizNick,

Yes I agree here with livingleanlivingclean weighing raw is the best way to go
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    No certifications but you know stuff. Ugh.
  • B__ROCK
    Options
    No certifications but you know stuff. Ugh.

Yep take it how you want to!
  • B__ROCK
    Options
    You can't deny facts and scientific research I'm bridging the gap between people and this research.
  • ConquerAndBloom
    ConquerAndBloom Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    B__ROCK wrote: »

I don't have any certifications, although have studied a bachelor of science so understand the basic scientific processes and metabolism of the human body, along with keeping up to date with research and trial and error for myself and my own experiences

Do you mean you've completed a bachelor's or you've taken some classes toward a bachelor's? Asking for a friend.