Amy Winehouse Confirmed Dead

Options
KickassYas
KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
I don't know if you know or care but she had one of the most soulful amazing voices... she was a whole bottle of talent just overflowing. and it breaks my heart to know that a pile of bad decisions finally took her out. it's so sad.

what i would do to have windpipes like hers. :( and now she's gone with only 2 records under her belt, both insanely good.

personal favorite songs.... MR JONES>>>

http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/23/amy-winehouse-dead-dies-london-apartment/

Replies

• Ajontheguitar
    Options
    mine's better.
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    It is sad, but her life seemed awfully troubled. At least we can remember her through her music.
  • MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    really sad!
  • Kelnurse
    Kelnurse Posts: 145
    Options
    Wow yeah I just heard but didnt hear how she died yet...
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I thought she was very talented as well.. I'm sorry to hear that when she was so young and full of vitality.. She could have done so much more for the music industry.. :frown:
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Sad, I liked her. Love back to black
  • allybally6
    allybally6 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Just found out. Super sad. She was so talented. Gone too soon.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Very sad. What a horrible waste of an amazing talent. She could have contributed so much. I hope she finds peace now.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Not surprising at all, she just couldn't get her *kitten* together, and didn't really appear to want to either.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a fan and I'm not surprised but still sad. Rest in peace, Amy.
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I just found out. She had such a beautiful voice. She also had alot of problems. My she rest in peace.
  • Steph_Marie29
    Options
    Not surprising at all, she just couldn't get her *kitten* together, and didn't really appear to want to either.

I agree with this. She was so troubled and just didn't want to get the help she needed.
  • nitamo
    nitamo Posts: 64
    Options
    Very sad to hear of her passing. I wish she could have gotten the help that she so desperately needed. The London Police are saying that her death was an apparent overdose. What a waste of a beautiful voice.
  • gothicprophet
    Options

QFT.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    They tried to make her go to rehab...

So talented. So troubled.
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options

That doesn't make it any less sad Toshi. Death is Death and it should be respected as such. Whether it was Drugs, Alcohol, Suicide, or Murder. A life is lost. a human being is gone. and thats just sad. especially when so much talent is never to emerge from her again.
  • lizrangel76
    Options
    It's sad to hear, but she struggled a lot. On a local news site, people were being rude and insensitive on facebook about the story. No matter how the person dies, there is no reason to be disrespectful.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I liked her alot. Was sorry to hear hear of her death, but I do think Amy lived life the way she wanted to, and regardless of the outcome I have respect for that. May she rest in peace.
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options

That doesn't make it any less sad Toshi. Death is Death and it should be respected as such. Whether it was Drugs, Alcohol, Suicide, or Murder. A life is lost. a human being is gone. and thats just sad. especially when so much talent is never to emerge from her again.

Oh, I didn't say it wasn't sad, just that this is where her behavior was bound to lead, and I doubt that she (or those around her) lacked that understanding.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Really sad! I agree, no need to be disrespectful. She is someone's daughter, someone's sister, has friends who have to grieve and process this. Really a shame..