Beautiful Behaviors - April 2017

Options

Replies

• sabinki
    sabinki Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was great! Hit 25 pounds and enjoyed a hamburger ( our own grass fed beef) and some candy. Enjoyed it! I am not mad that i did. Today got lots of stuff to do in the garden. I need to start tracking my food s little better so im going to work on that. Have a great day everyone. You are all beautiful!!

BTW yesterday was my first time posting on here. I have a few friend requests. Im trying to figure out how this all works lol
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of this thread!!!

I played softball for the first time in years today. I had forgotten how much I love it!!! The way the bat vibrates when hit the ball just right!!! And then being sweaty and gross because you were having fun.

One of those days where you step back and watch the curtains move in the wind and listen to the frogs outside.
    Goodnight everyone, peace be with you

@susanrobinson32 - I cannot wait for softball to begin again. Currently playing pickleball and of course forever shooting my bow. Looks like everyone here is doing pretty good and love how everyone is so positive and upbeat.

Have a great day and keeping moving forward toward your goals whatever they are!

Remember how do you eat an elephant? The same way you eat anything one bite at a time. Same with goals...how do you get there? One step at a time.
  • jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    how is everyone's day going? today i focused on not eating between meals, and i am counting the minutes until dinnertime because i am hungry. i like once and a while allowing myself to feel hungry. i tend to graze and don't always get there before i eat. i'd like to change that. working on it.

what's the one change you'd like to make tomorrow?
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    @ParanormaLauren what a beautiful salad!
  • ParanormaLauren
    ParanormaLauren Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @jessiquoi What are you using for guided relaxation? Looking for a good meditation aid.

@fitzmonkey13 Unsweetened black tea is my jam! A little break from all the nonstop water. I hear you on sleep. Last week, I pushed myself to utter exhaustion and had a little mini-breakdown. Then I slept for 12 hours and was totally fine. Let's not get there! Can't wait to see the haircut. :)

@happysherri So cute that you work out with your boyfriend! I just got the hubby a gym membership and I try to get him in there once a week with me. He'll thank me one day lol Can I suggest looking up vegan recipes on Pinterest? You can always add a piece of chicken on the side or use regular animal products where it calls for alternatives, but vegans know how to dress up those fruits and veggies.

@rdevol Doggy time! The best exercise. Welcome to the new start. :)

@sabinki 25 lbs! That's fantastic! Keep up the good work.
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I logged in my food and surprised that I was so far over. But I logged!! I love the idea of the beautiful imagery.
  • mbam89
    mbam89 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @dlm4mom Good for you! That's always a struggle for me to log when I know I'm going way over. That's awesome that you're staying accountable.

@jessiquoi I think it's awesome that you set out to walk anyway! Keep up the motivation. With discipline like that, you can work your way up to anything!

@fitzmonkey13 What a good idea prepping dinner ahead of time! How did the crunches go?

I did some weight training at the gym by myself for the first time in a long time! It was rough, I tend to feel really insecure when I go alone, but I got a pretty good burn going. Hopefully next time will be easier.
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I can't figure out how to cut and paste people's names---
    Mbam thank you for kind words. I am struggling with this right now.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! I am being challenged today big time. A coworker brought in some Passover desserts that her mother baked just for me... she's been doing this for years. I think I will take them home and try to get John to eat most of them, and just eat the ones that are my absolute favorite. I only ate half my usual breakfast so I do have some wiggle room in my food today. It's not a great nutrition choice by any means, but Passover only comes once a year and these are AWESOME.

My beautiful behaviors for today are:
    1. Not to beat myself up about enjoying this once a year treat
    2. Walk again when I get home today
    3. Track all my food

What are you going to do today to show yourself some love?

later,
    jess
  • fitzmonkey13
    fitzmonkey13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    dlm4mom wrote: »
    I can't figure out how to cut and paste people's names---

Type the @ symbol and then start typing the person's name, after a few characters you'll get a popup with other names and you can tap/click on the one you want.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    @aleahurst - what you doing, lady?! Hope you are enjoying the outdoors :smile:
    @jessiquoi - Love your daily goals. Yes, have that once a year and enjoy it. That is when I will break my strict eating during the week is for home baked goods (not store bought). Walking is so beneficial for you, way to go
    @dlm4mom - I enter each name manually - cuz ya'll are worth it lol. Logging, love/hate :neutral: I get surprised at some of the foods I eat. Some servings are less calories than what I thought and some are way more. Trial and error
    @mbam89 - Yaaaass! Solo weight training is awesome. You get to focus on yourself and your strength. Keep it up
    @fitzmonkey13 - You're a champion! The real MVP! That's what it's about! You could have taken that extra time you had to read, watch tv, sit, do nothing (not that these things are bad) but you got up and prepped that food and took control of your health and day!
    @ParanormaLauren - Colorful salad! Hey, I didn't think about vegan recipes, you're smarticle!!! I'm going to look that up, and I love Pinterest! Thanks.
    @str8bowbabe - Love the positive power! I really like the eating an elephant one bite at a time, it makes me laugh and think

Update: Last night after talking to my dad - who was in the ER again!!! Luckily he was in there less than a day. Geesh, this man needs to 'get it together' :smile: *And he is not the type to go to the doctor -ever, he hates it. Anyway, I planned on going to the gym since my son/mother date was cancelled and I grew very tired. When my bf got home he asked are we going to the gym, I replied, 'I'm tired, let's just snuggle'. Then I counted in my head that I had worked out for 4 straight days! My body obviously needed to repair my muscle tissue and to rest. I am so focused on bettering my body and challenging myself that I forget to listen to my body when it needs rest! ***And I'm not a spring chicken any longer.

Thought for the day: If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it. ***There is always a way. In the past with my depression, in a lot of different situations I would feel defeated. However, over time and with plenty of practice of picking myself up and fighting. You live and you learn what your breaking point is, techniques to use in situations, AND - that life will go on and you are still here. We have choices, sometimes it doesn't seem that way but we do.

Happy Thursday, Peeps!
  • fitzmonkey13
    Options
    @jessiquoi Better than you did 10 minutes and had to call it a day than do nothing. Next time you can try for 15 minutes. You can do it! Also, re: passover treats... I hear ya! Mini Eggs are my personal kryptonite and they are EVERYWHERE this time of year. Can you freeze the items she brought? Maybe if you packed them individually (or even cut them in smaller portions) and froze them you could enjoy them occasionally without going too far outside your plan?

@mbam89 I did 110 crunches!!!!! Also did a bunch of other stuff. Friday I do Day 12 of my challenge, which means 120 crunches. (#*%@!#^&) Counting sounds like this for me though... 1 kitten, 2 kitten, 3 kitten, 4 kitten.... 108 motherkittening kitten, 109 kittenkittener, 110 Kitten this you kittening kittenkicker!!!! I firmly believe that cursing burns more calories, glues structures together and attracts unicorns. (no evidence for the unicorn thing, but I'm hopeful)

@happysherri You are always so encouraging! I'm glad you were able to take a rest day. With all the strength training you do, you need that day so your muscles can recover. And a chance to snuggle with your sweetie is good for your heart too!

@str8bowbabe I can't find elephant in the database. So how can I eat any bites? :D:p

I didn't get my walk in as planned last night because hair cut took longer than expected, but I did do my planned strength training, so I'm completely fine with that choice.

Today I will go for a walk in the park on my lunch, I will stop at the grocery store to pick up more smoothie ingredients and I will make a batch of peanut butter yogurt before I go to bed. And tomorrow is a holiday so I cannot wait to SLEEP IN!!! Or at least take a nap on the couch with my kitties.
  • nickiphillips1
    nickiphillips1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    @HappySheri - I am with you at being a plant murderer. The only plants that live at my house are hostas, which I don't think you can kill. Nice job with your working out as well.
    @KimF0715 - I am glad that you talked to your husband and that he wants to make things work. That is great that you have a fun vacation planned. I was married to a narcissist as well.
    @jessiquoi - I love how you make big steps every single week - nice job - you make changes for a lifetime
    @ParanormaLauren - nice healthy eating

I have skipped swimming twice this week. Once after my meet last weekend and then this morning. My body is dragging a little due to my cold from last week. I slept horribly last night and have been swimming slowly in practice. With my MS, I need time off to feel better. I might try to use my friend's pass to the Y to go lift weights later if I have time and maybe do a little time on the elliptical. I will see how I feel.

Here is a picture from my swim meet on Sunday after swimming some events and getting ready for my 1000. I was really tired, but kept going. My coach put us all in a lot of relays. And of course, I did all the distance events.
    0bf113szwypb.jpg
  • fitzmonkey13
    Options
    @nickiphillips1 You are inspiring me to get out and try swimming again. I used to be a really good swimmer but now I can't remember how to do any of the strokes. This weekend I am going to find a pool and go try a few laps. And try to find an adult swimming lesson.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Sherri, good for you for giving your body the rest it needed! I hope your dad is doing well today.

@fitzmonkey13, I will also allow myself ONE Cadbury crème egg every year. :)

@nickiphillips1, take the time off you need to care for yourself. great picture!
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm really glad I posted about my potluck lunch before I went yesterday. The thought of having to come back and report how I did helped me to make much better choices than I would usually make. I wasn't perfect by any means, but I did a lot better than I normally would. I tried to keep the WW suggestions that were made in mind - it was very helpful! Someone made scrambled eggs with a little cream cheese in them, so I made that, plus some pulled pork without the bun, my main items. Then I had small spoonfuls of some yummier items. And okay, I had a bakery cookie, too! :) But I didn't have a soft drink or any chips and didn't binge on anything, so overall, I was pretty happy with myself. Didn't get out to walk the dog last night, but I'll try to do it tonight. I need to ease back into exercise, and that helps me and Ellie (our dog). She LOVES walks and gets so excited when I get the leash out!

@nickiphillips1: Great job on the swim meet!
    @jessiquoi: Sounds like you found a good way to fit in a treat that you love and is important to you - good job!
    @fitzmonkey13: Enjoy your morning to sleep in and hope you love your new haircut!
    @happysherri: Way to go listening to your body and giving it a rest when it needed it. Hope things with your dad improve.
    @ParanormaLauren: That salad looks kick@$$! I need to make more of those.
    @KimF0715: Enjoy your vacation and the self-pampering next week - awesome!

Have a great day, everyone!