124»

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    B__ROCK wrote: »
    dhara06 wrote: »
    should I be eating back the calories gained from exercise. I.e. eat 1400 burn 600?

The best way to deal with exercise is not to account for it. As long as your exercise is fairly constant, I wouldn’t adjust your food intake.

So ... I cycled 1000 km last month and I ate most of my exercise calories back. Should I have just stuck to my 1275 calorie limit?

I would like an answer to this as well. Sometimes I run 45-50 miles a week. I don't understand how I'm supposed to do that well and eat just 1,460 calories a day.

Sadly, we won't get any sort of reply at all. Despite the promises these people (or maybe it is just one person) make when they start threads like this every few months, they never answer my question. They always disappear shortly after I ask it.

• FindingAwesome
    FindingAwesome Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
  • BeauNash
    BeauNash Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    One again I find myself socksually frustrated.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    B__ROCK wrote: »
    dhara06 wrote: »
    should I be eating back the calories gained from exercise. I.e. eat 1400 burn 600?

The best way to deal with exercise is not to account for it. As long as your exercise is fairly constant, I wouldn’t adjust your food intake. Calories burned from exercise is just a rough estimate and every person responds differently, also over time if you are performing the same exercise your body becomes more efficient at not using energy and you burn less calories. I recommend just tracking calories from food, and if you happen to be losing weight to fast from the amount of exercise you are doing then you can increase your calories. The calories provided in my fitness pal are just an initial estimate to start with. As you get more data on your body you will be able to customize your own calories based on your goals.

sorry but that is bad advice given that MFP is set up to eat back exercise calories.
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I wonder if OP is ever coming back. We need to know where the sock is.

I fear I may never find out. Woe is me...
  • mcraw75
    mcraw75 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

As much wood as a woodchuck could chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »

Look under your couch cushions - I find all sorts of things there. You could say I'm an expert in that.
  • FindingAwesome
    FindingAwesome Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    mcraw75 wrote: »

As much wood as a woodchuck could chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Yes! You should post your own answers thread!
  • BeauNash
    BeauNash Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Look under your couch cushions - I find all sorts of things there. You could say I'm an expert in that.

This. ^^^

You have to be willing to explore your socksuality.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

And under the couch as well! (I have cats... the weird places I find thing...)

Come to think of it... check your shoes as well... might have been forgotten in one of them :tongue:
  • step2911
    step2911 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New here - after a month of trying to eat better, I realized that my calories are much higher than I thought = no weight loss. Now I'm starting over and looking to weigh everything and really count. Question though - is it that important to stick with the specific macronutrient % to do so?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    step2911 wrote: »
    New here - after a month of trying to eat better, I realized that my calories are much higher than I thought = no weight loss. Now I'm starting over and looking to weigh everything and really count. Question though - is it that important to stick with the specific macronutrient % to do so?

No - calories are most important. That said, getting at least the minimum amount recommended for protein and fats is going to help maintain a healthy body.
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I took iso protein for 4 years and was just looking to maintain weight. I lift 3 times a week and cardio 3 times. Whats your thoughts on protein powder? I stopped protein and seem to be able to keep strength and muscle, thx
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    I took iso protein for 4 years and was just looking to maintain weight. I lift 3 times a week and cardio 3 times. Whats your thoughts on protein powder? I stopped protein and seem to be able to keep strength and muscle, thx

As long as your protein intake from food is adequate for your goals, you don't need the powder.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Y'all always run off the help
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Y'all always run off the help

Well our DVDs keep going missing. Like one per week. They think we don't notice but we're on to them.