What do you all fear?

Options

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    jumping into water. who knows what's under there and even you can see the bottom who knows what can happen

Lol on this

I'm actually serious. Put me beside water and tell me to jump in and I'm paralyzed. It's crazy
  • FitJulian
    FitJulian Posts: 27 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Suffering a long, slow, decline of bodily functions culminating in several years of bed ridden existence unable to do the simplest things for myself (not even able to change the tv channel) before dying an undignified death. But worse than that would be to have my children witness that decline .
    Sorry very morbid - but it happened to my Dad .. and it will NOT happen to me .
    If i get diagnosis like his - enjoy life while i can and then when the tipping point is close , a living wake with family and friends and then i will catch a bus to Switzerland**

** a euphemism for traveling to a country that allows assisted suicide/dying .. (seeing as my home country - UK- does not currently)

• LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    The crazy guy from the movie SAW.
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    elsie4560 wrote: »
    Everyone has a fear of something!!!?? mines losing loved ones :'(<3

Thanatophobia is a medical condition whereby an individual experiences an extreme fear /phobia of death, whether or not if it is the idea of themselves dying or the loss of a loved one.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    I can kick Chucky's butt, but SAW I'm not so sure.
  • frannieshack
    Options
    Sharks!

"galeophobia" is derived from the Greek words "galeos" (shark with markings resembling those on a weasel) and "phobos" (fear). "Galeophobia" is also sometimes used as alternate term for ailurophobia, fear of cats, because the Greek word "galeos" is derived from "galee," a Greek meaning "polecat" and "weasel."
  • frannieshack
    Options
    Bears

Arkoudaphobia - Fear of a Bear or of Bears (as in Polar, Grizzly, etc.)
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Bears

Arkoudaphobia - Fear of a Bear or of Bears (as in Polar, Grizzly, etc.)

This there one for three-hour boat tours?
  • frannieshack
    Options
    JLAJ81 wrote: »
    Warm mayo

mayo-phobia-is-real, you are not alone.
  • frannieshack
    Options
    Failure...

Atychiphobia. Normal amount of doubt regarding success in certain project, relationships or examinations is usually present in most people. However, when the fear of failure takes on an extreme form then it is termed as Atychiphobia.
  • A_Rene86
    A_Rene86 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Having cereal and no milk

Man after my own heart here! lol
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Not my fear, but hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is the fear of long words. That cracks me up.
  • frannieshack
    Options
    mskimee wrote: »
    My bank balance.....

chrematophobia, this is the fear of money or the things associated with it.
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    jumping into water. who knows what's under there and even you can see the bottom who knows what can happen

Lol on this

I'm actually serious. Put me beside water and tell me to jump in and I'm paralyzed. It's crazy

Glad you do ok on frozen water then:)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Needles.

Associative phobia for @frannieshack .
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Spiders. I can deal with anything apart from spiders, have been known to run from the room where's one.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options

Lol on this

Glad you do ok on frozen water then:)

perhaps I've just spent too much time on the frozen kind
  • frannieshack
    Options

Hydroskourophobia: Fear of deep/dark water.
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Sharks!

"galeophobia" is derived from the Greek words "galeos" (shark with markings resembling those on a weasel) and "phobos" (fear). "Galeophobia" is also sometimes used as alternate term for ailurophobia, fear of cats, because the Greek word "galeos" is derived from "galee," a Greek meaning "polecat" and "weasel."

That's very interesting because I also don't like my cat.

I'm not afraid of it, but only because I'm a lot bigger than it is...
  • frannieshack
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Peanut butter sticking to the roof of my mouth.

Arachibutyrophobia- Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.