Replies

• jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    @rdevol , great job on the potluck!
  • ParanormaLauren
    ParanormaLauren Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    The good news: took 2nd in the Biggest Loser challenge! $76 from the pot and a little over 7% of body fat gone. Success!

The eh news: worked out with trainer and now I don't want my legs anymore. BUT! That just means I am getting stronger.

Today I will lay off the gym and give my body a rest.

8kgswde5q2mu.png

• jessiquoi
    Options
    @ParanormaLauren 2nd place rocks! go you!
  • sabinki
    sabinki Posts: 21 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Morning everyone. I am really glad that i found this group! You are all so positive and supportive of everyone!! I love it!! Im a little sore today from all the weeding and planting i did yesterday but cant wait to eat all the yummy vegies growing. Im home alone today while husband and son are at work and girls are at school. Hoping to stay out of the pantry because this is usually my downfall lol Planning to turn on the radio not the tv and clean, sing and dance!! Hopefully that will keep me busy and not think about food. Also going to make homemade rolls and banana muffins for the family.
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,
    Just stopping in to say hey and hope you all are doing well.

Today was not a good start. I stopped for a bagel and fat free skim milk. I didn't check the bag so when I got to work, I realized they gave me regular chocolate milk and the large size not the 1/2 pint. Well...I could not resist so I drank the whole thing - 440 calories and lets not talk about the fat content. So for lunch it will be fat free cottage cheese, deli turkey and baby carrots to help correct breakfast.

Hope you all have a great day! Keep it moving!

@fitzmonkey13 - I swore I added elephant to the data base. I guess I didn't share it.

That is the attitude I take toward any large obstacle I face. One bite, one step one whatever at a time as long as you are trying you are doing.
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Oh my! There are so many of us and I want to talk to everyone! Okay. One step at a time.

1. I love, love, love all your attitudes. Wow. Inspiration!
    2. @ParanormaLauren - congrats! Good work.
    3. @str8bowbabe - chocolate happens. I know that from experience.
    4. @rdevol - that's interesting. So, posting ahead that you would attend a potluck helped you maintain your plan. Awesome. I may try that.
    5. @fitzmonkey13 - thanks for the friend add! The more interaction on here, the easier it is! Thank you!

Today, I awakened late. I went shopping with Mom yesterday afternoon and to her doctor appointment. She wears me out! She's only 88. She had already spent the morning delivering meals to shut ins and elderly, some of which are younger than she.

Today, I will try to get in 30 extra calories burned by doing the supportive work for the beekeeper, and cleaning my front yard.

Love to all.

Lea

• aleahurst
    Options
    @nickiphillips1 - You have that look of a determined person! Wow. MS is a challenge by itself. Keep building those muscles and endurance. Wooooo! Yay! Go!
  • aleahurst
    Options
    @fitzmonkey13 - spending time as a sleeping bag for kitties qualifies as self care. Uh-huh. Sure does.
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Hey, @jessiquoi - which one of the treats brought to you at work, was your favorite?
  • aleahurst
    Options
    @happysherri - thank you for the inspiration! I've been down from a disease with a big name (ILD) and on oxygen a lot. But O2 is not lower than 88 (low, but not dangerously low). And, I put the tank on and chased mom around WalMart! That's got to count for calories burned.
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Today has been a much better day so far. Am trying to save some calories for my mom's house when I go get Boo this evening (no school). No snacking this morning, had my run, morning was gorgeous! Temp was right, moon was out so I could see, everything. Having fried apples and onions with a garden salad for lunch. Forgot my tomato, that's not cool, may have to run get one.
  • fitzmonkey13
    fitzmonkey13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    @wellthenwhat Fried apples and onions? Is that a dish by itself or a salad topping? I'm confused, and somewhat intrigued.
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Yeah. That fried apples and onion caught my interest as well. Actually, in a tad of coconut oil, you could sauté those two together to top a tasty salad!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Lea, my favorite was definitely the meringue chocolate chip cookies. I just broke down and ate two more, but I tracked them. sigh. I expect to be over tonight, but that's life... it's SO not a straight line.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    i just got a big responsibility at work for a short term project that is highly visible. I'm getting an anxiety attack and hope this doesn't portend a binge. i prefer to stay under the radar at work these days. :(
  • sabinki
    sabinki Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    @jessiquoi those sound yummy!! You are doing awesome!
  • mbam89
    mbam89 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @str8bowbabe Ugh! I feel your pain. If something's in front of me, I have such a hard time saying no! It was just one meal, though, it doesn't have to get you down for the rest of the day. I hope you enjoyed it!!

@rdevol I'm so glad the accountability helped! Good for you!

@ParanormaLauren Awesome job with the Biggest Loser Challenge! It's great that you got some cash out of it. Now you can treat yourself with new workout gear or something! I joined a challenge on the Diet Bet website to make some cash for losing, but I haven't found a digital scale to weigh in on! =/

@aleahurst I think it's awesome how much you and your mom do to help those around you! One of my reasons for getting healthier is to be as active as your mom when I'm older. My grandma was like that :smile:

@wellthenwhat Good for you! Sounds like you've really taken this day by the horns!

@jessiquoi Meringue chocolate chip cookies sound heavenly! I can't blame you for eating some! haha.
    As for the project at work. Try to breathe! You can do this. Also, what @fitzmonkey13 said!

I love how active this thread is today! You all are so awesome and positive! I finally got to the gym this morning before work, but I've been starving all morning! So, I'm trying to keep it healthy. I thought I would be in a better mood after working out, but I'm feeling kinda bitchy today. You guys are keeping me positive!
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Fried apples and onions is a dish in itself. Fried in a bit of coconut oil, with a touch of brown sugar. It was an experiment, and is pretty tasty.
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    @mbam89 - I love chocolate milk so I sooooooo enjoyed it. Just felt guilty after. I am playing pickleball this afternoon so I will make up for it and then going for a long walk by the river to watch the sun set. Get them steps in...get those steps in! LOL

Have a great rest of the day yall! Im off to a 3 day weekend.