1 teaspoon paprika
    1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
    8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
    Cooking spray
    6 tablespoons honey
    2 teaspoons cider vinegar

Preparation
    1. Preheat broiler.
    2. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side.
    3. Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well. Remove chicken from oven; brush 1/4 cup honey mixture on chicken. Broil 1 minute. Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush chicken with remaining honey mixture. Broil 1 additional minute or until chicken is done.
  • Erica9903
    Erica9903 Posts: 156
    Options
    I'm so loving this thread and can't wait to try some of these recipes!!!
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    bump
  • tosha07
    tosha07 Posts: 6
    Options
    The recipe online says its 500 calories per serving but I vamped it using fat free soup and only a half a slice of cheese on each.

Its really good, I am not a fan of swiss cheese so I kept passing this recipe up.

6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    6 slices Swiss cheese
    1 can condensed fat free cream of chicken soup
    1 (8 ounce) package dry bread stuffing mix
    ¼ cup red wine

Preheat oven to 370 degrees .
    Arrange chicken breasts in the baking dish. Place one slice of Swiss cheese on top of each chicken breast. Combine cream of chicken soup, wine, and stuffing in medium bowl, and pour over chicken breasts and cover with foil.
    Bake 40 minutes covered, and about 10 min uncovered.
    or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

serve with fresh green beans
  • tellybelle
    tellybelle Posts: 144
    Options
    bump
  • AngelaLVGJN
    AngelaLVGJN Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ruby - Those recipes sound amazing...I am going to try the spinach one this week! Thanks!
  • elsapm
    elsapm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kathymc54
    kathymc54 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Angeloftheshore
    Angeloftheshore Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    *Bump*
  • Romie4409
    Romie4409 Posts: 1
    Options
    Some good recipes on here!! Mmmmmm! Any low cal beef recipes?
  • robbiestarr
    robbiestarr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump! What a great thread! God some wonderful ideas here!!!
  • meggyannpt
    meggyannpt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This takes a while to bake, but it's really yummy:

Baked chicken and rice

3-4 Chicken breast or thighs, whole
    1 cup rice
    1 cup water
    1 can cream of mushroom soup (I get the Campbell's healthy select)
    1 can cream of celery soup (again, the healthy select)
    1 package dry onion soup

Mix rice, water and soups. Pour into a 9 x13" baking dish. Place chicken on top. Sprinkle dry onion soup mix on top. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hours, adding water as necessary.

I've used brown rice with this recipe, and it's very good, but the cooking time increases to about 2 hours.

Another good one(this one is from Health magazine):

Sauteed Zucchini with Lemon-Thyme Chicken

1 tablespoon lemon zest
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
    1 lb chicken cutlets
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    1/2 cup water
    1/3 cup uncooked couscous
    3/4 lb zucchini (about 2 medium) halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
    1/2 lb yellow summer squash (about 2 medium), halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/2 inch pieces
    1/4 cup fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
    Chopped fresh thyme, for garnish

1. Place lemon zest & thyme in a small bowl; toss. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Sprinkle half of the lemon & thyme mixture evenly onto one side of each cutlet. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat; cook the chicken, herb side down, turning after 2 minutes. When the chicken is golden and cooked through (about 4 minutes), transfer to a cutting board. Cover chicken, and keep warm.
    2. Bring 1/2 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan; gradually stir in the couscous. Remove pan from heat; cover & let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Cover couscous and keep warm.
    3. Saute the zucchini and squash (in the same skillet used for the chicken) over medium heat, stirring frequently, until golden and tender (about 4 minutes). Stir in the remaining lemon-and-thyme mixture, chicken broth, and couscous.
    4. Spoon the couscous mixture evenly among 4 plates; top each with a chicken cutlet. Garnish with thyme.

This one is awesome! It only takes about 15 minutes to make, and it's only 233 calories per serving! Perfect for the summer :happy:
  • maritimemom
    maritimemom Posts: 192
    Options
    Bump
  • SuperStorm
    SuperStorm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I make chicken packets quite often. You preheat the oven to 350 and get enough Reynold's wrap for however many chicken breasts you need. Each chicken breast needs to be individually wrapped. You take the tin foil, place the raw chicken breast in the center of the foil. Now you get creative! Top the chicken with any sauce you want, i.e. bbq, ranch, etc. Next top it with whichever veggies you want - peppers & onions, salsa, broccoli & carrots. Finally top it with whatever cheese floats your boat. You could also add spices if you wish. And wallah, dinner is prepped! Fold the foil up around it, put all of the packets on cookie sheets, bake for 30 min or until chicken is cooked through. Easy as pie...probably easier...and you really don't need any sides :)
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Bump! :bigsmile:
  • DustyRoseAZ
    DustyRoseAZ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump
    Thanks for the website info. I'll check it out!
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JL3mom
    JL3mom Posts: 48
    Options
    bumpity bump!