What have you gotten to experience because of your current or ex SO?

Options

Replies

• inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I got to experience narcissistic personality disorder first hand. Do not recommend
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Because of my ex I know what its like to live with an addict and what its like to go from wife to caregiver. I had to keep his pills in a safe or he would eat all 120 pain pills within two weeks. I know what its like to have to hide my wallet in my own home because he would steal any thing he could get his hands on to buy more pills. I supported him mentally, physically, and financially.

In February, I told him I wanted a divorce. I kicked his *kitten* to the curb and I feel like a gaint weight has been lifted off my shoulders. The world is at my finger tips and the possibilities are endless.

I got to experience Al-Anon, a great support group if you need it.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Free rent
    Coachella
    Chai tea
    Bikram yoga
    Poolside selfies of my feet
    Country music concerts
    Bed Bath & Beyond
    IKEA sex
    Lululemon (hey, their stuff fits me too)
    Growing herb plants on the windowsill
    Astrology (she was weird)
    Rectal prolapse (she was freaky)
    $30 omelettes :|
    Kale
    Hotter friends

I wish I was kidding about a 1/3 of this stuff.

:o Whoa...
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Free rent
    Coachella
    Chai tea
    Bikram yoga
    Poolside selfies of my feet
    Country music concerts
    Bed Bath & Beyond
    IKEA sex
    Lululemon (hey, their stuff fits me too)
    Growing herb plants on the windowsill
    Astrology (she was weird)
    Rectal prolapse (she was freaky)
    $30 omelettes :|
    Kale
    Hotter friends

I wish I was kidding about a 1/3 of this stuff.

I don't even know what 1/3rd of this stuff is!!
  • breannemarie1993
    breannemarie1993 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Got to experience being cheated on with one of my best friends .. god bless them both hahah
  • Strivetobebetter76
    Strivetobebetter76 Posts: 1,784 Member
    Options
    Even though things got bad at the end, our happy moments are truly the best in my whole life.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Abstinence
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    DW introduced me to:
    1. Sex
    2. Pets
    Never had either before meeting her.

Still have pets, other not so much.
  • Strivetobebetter76
    Options
    A love, passion, bond I've never felt before and will never feel again.
  • hmbuck1
    hmbuck1 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Because of my now husband, I got to see the Taj Mahal. When we were dating he took me home to India to meet his parents and we traveled constantly while we were there. We went to a mountain resort in south India, Delhi, and then the Taj Mahal. We haven't both been back since that first trip but are hoping to go again next year. We have also gone to San Francisco and New York. Both places I had wanted to visit but never made plans to go. He is much better at pushing me to go out and experience the world than I am at pushing myself.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    slider728 wrote: »

I've experienced forgiveness and unconditional love.

Best one I have seen so far. I can get sex from a stranger at a bar. I can go see a movie and hang with a friend. This....forgiveness and unconditional love, that is what a relationship is all about!!

But you can get forgiveness and unconditional love from a dog.
  • murph155
    murph155 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Soul crushing abandonment. Good times.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I have a good one.

We drove about 150 miles, then hiked a steep mile down to a lake with heavy packs, took a water taxi across the sort of corner of the lake to the one building in the area, rented our own boat, took it 10 miles up lake, and built camp. It took a lot of time and effort. Spent the day swimming in the sun. Beautiful surroundings and no other people.

Around five o'clock the next morning, Beth told me I had to get up. She has a migraine and she's been puking for an hour. The mosquitoes are eating her alive. Inside the tent is the only place they can't get, but she doesn't want to vomit on the floor. So I get up, put on my goretex clothes, and break camp while she sits on the dock puking into the water. We load everything into the boat and take off while some fishermen show up, just in time to watch her puke into the water like in The Exorcist. Then we have a long boat ride on choppy water, out in the sun, and we need to get her to hike a mile up hill. Finally, there's road construction on the way home. Poor honey was standing on the side of I-5 throwing up and feeling bad about what everyone else must think about her.

That's something neither of us would ever have experienced without the other.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    To not care about what others think.
    Range time is just as stress-relieving as the gym.
  • dojero22
    dojero22 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hot rods and heart break.
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I have a good one.

We drove about 150 miles, then hiked a steep mile down to a lake with heavy packs, took a water taxi across the sort of corner of the lake to the one building in the area, rented our own boat, took it 10 miles up lake, and built camp. It took a lot of time and effort. Spent the day swimming in the sun. Beautiful surroundings and no other people.

Around five o'clock the next morning, Beth told me I had to get up. She has a migraine and she's been puking for an hour. The mosquitoes are eating her alive. Inside the tent is the only place they can't get, but she doesn't want to vomit on the floor. So I get up, put on my goretex clothes, and break camp while she sits on the dock puking into the water. We load everything into the boat and take off while some fishermen show up, just in time to watch her puke into the water like in The Exorcist. Then we have a long boat ride on choppy water, out in the sun, and we need to get her to hike a mile up hill. Finally, there's road construction on the way home. Poor honey was standing on the side of I-5 throwing up and feeling bad about what everyone else must think about her.

That's something neither of us would ever have experienced without the other.

What lake
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options

But you can get forgiveness and unconditional love from a dog.

Shoot, not some of the dogs I've had. Ended up with a dog when I was a child that I would have swore was the spawn of Satan. Man that thing was a mean SOB

• Strivetobebetter76
    Options
    I have experienced someone who believed in me and loved me regardless of all the BS I put her through. I'll never take that for granted ever again.