Short Hair on Women

Options

Replies

• yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Cut mine short in June. Not sure if others like it, but I like not having to deal with the hair dryer and flat-iron:wink:
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I worked with a girl who kept her hair so short ... less than a 1/4 in. She was beautiful... perfectly shaped head, very thin. There are not many women who could pull this off. I think it depends on your shape as to where your hair length should be. I keep mine just above my shoulders because I am so short... long hair makes me heavier and Lord knows I don't need that! When I lose the weight, I'll most likely keep this length.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Some women look great in short hair. I'm letting my hair grow long for now. I'm inspired by a few older women in my church who have long hair.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Shaved my head in May for $ for cancer. It's growing out now and is almost long enough for a pixie. :) Love it and have never gotten so many compliments on my hair. Men seem to like it. :)

Good for you! You're awesome :):)
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'd been wanting short hair for awhile but felt too fat for it. After I lost the first 40 pounds and my face was thinner, I just grabbed the clippers and buzzed it all off...then I bleached it...then I got pink and blue in it.

I'm probably still too fat for it, and at 33 maybe I'm too old for the color, but I like it. It seems to express who I'm trying to become through this journey.
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    Like all life, I think it depends on the individual. I've seen it on girls where I loved it, and vice versa. Personally, the bob is almost always ok.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I would love a hair cut like that, but my face is too wide to pull it off.
  • dointime
    dointime Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I would love to be able to try it at some point, but I know right now it would just look bad. I promised myself that when I get to goal weight, I'll chop all my hair off, just because I can. Whether it will look good or not at that point is another story. I have really thick hair, but it's really wavy so I'd have to get a good style. All in all though, I think some women are suited to short hair and some are not.
  • blondebaby9890
    Options
    I had my hair chopped from being halfway down my back to my jawline :-/

It had lost it's shine and needed doing...it's growing now...THANK GOODNESS!!!!!!!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'd been wanting short hair for awhile but felt too fat for it. After I lost the first 40 pounds and my face was thinner, I just grabbed the clippers and buzzed it all off...then I bleached it...then I got pink and blue in it.

I'm probably still too fat for it, and at 33 maybe I'm too old for the color, but I like it. It seems to express who I'm trying to become through this journey.

If you like it, don't worry about what anyone else thinks. That's the way I feel about having long hair at my age (57). :smile: But I think you look great. :flowerforyou:
  • yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Turning 25 hasn't helped that.

Please don't say that! LOL

I turned 50 this year. You are a youngster, and your hair looks great:bigsmile:
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Some women can pull it off others can't kinda like a bald guy.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    lol it helps if you are pretty to begin with [justsaying]

I agree! =/
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options

hahaha..

I always grow mine to my butt then chop it off at my ears. Hmmm. I'm feeling a major trim coming soon.
    140150 Posts: 27
    Options
    i love it!

i recently cut my hair to like, one inch. it was the best thing that i have ever done.

plus, it's just hair, and hair grows back. :)
  • rubixcyoob
    rubixcyoob Posts: 395
    Options
    I have short hair atm and I'm doing one of two things with it - getting bonded extensions and going a chocolate brown or trimming it short again and going platinum lol
  • justimogen
    justimogen Posts: 76
    Options
    We are currently experiencing 100 degree temps. As someone with hair down to my lower back, currently stuck up in a messy frizzy ponytail, I am currently envious of _anyone_ who can pull off a short cut. :tongue:

I agree that some women can really pull off the look while it's just not so great on others. I think it's always best to give a new style a trial run, first. There are applications out there that allow people to upload a picture and preview new haircuts with their faces before making commitments (e.g. stellure.com, which is currently offline so try http://www.similarsitesearch.com/alternative/stellure.com).
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    fitnhealthyccthatsme Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Since my hair grows out instead of down, short is the only way I avoid looking like a shrubbery (or Bozo the Clown)...so I'm all in favor of short hair.

@ abyt42 - Oh my goodness these have been my exact words for years! I'm not happy this also happens to you, but I'm happy I'm not alone :happy:
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    fitnhealthyccthatsme Posts: 359 Member
    Options

@Scott613 - LOL
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said... it depends on the person... their personality, face shape, and hair texture. I've had mine fairly short and while it was cute when styled I hated that I couldn't just throw it in a ponytail. I HAD to fix it... and having natural curls that I straighten... it certainly was not wash-and-go.

I'm actually having the should-I-cut-my-hair delimma right now. I've kept medium-short (just below my chin... think long bob) hair for a while now. I like that it's lower maintainence and healthier because I get it cut more often, but I sometimes miss being able to do different styles. I've always thought long hair was so beautiful but I'm also very practical. I work out all the time and I have other stuff to do besides mess with my hair...

I think what it comes down to more is what works for your lifestyle...