Does anyone else have a piece of Clothing for their weightloss goals?

Options
2»

Replies

• HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    My clothing piece is a little different but it's still clothing so I'll share. I've been doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu since August and am working on losing another 30 pounds. I'll see how much more I want to lose once I get there but that is my current goal. My reward for accomplishing that will be to get a new gi (the workout uniform we wear in BJJ) in a smaller size. They are expensive, anywhere from $100-200 depending on what you get, so it's a pretty good reward. Plus I'll be able to do all the moves easier without this 30 pounds.
    Snap! ;) That was/is basically mine.

Have you picked one yet? I've been ogling them online to keep motivated. :smiley:
    I don't get so much of a choice because it's issue from our school shop only :D It's basic formal club gi, or an attractive gi.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    My size 8 wedding dress I wore in June of 2012. When I can fit back into that - I'll be happy :)
  • MariannePhoto
    MariannePhoto Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought anything but I have an Amazon wishlist and Pinterest board of clothes I'd like to try when closer to goal.
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have clothes from before I'd like to fit into and a cute jacket I bought on ebay that was supposed to be my size but is too small. Still, I donated most of my small clothes from before, so honestly if I make it to my goal I'm going to have to buy new clothes for work.
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of capri jeans that I bought about 10 years ago. I didn't try them on when I bought them and of course when I put them on at home they were about a size too small. I didn't take them back because I was planning on losing weight and figured they would eventually fit. Well, I've yo-yo'd up and down over the years but never lost enough weight to fit those jeans. I'm about the same size now that I was when I bought them so I'm hopeful that they'll fit by the end of summer!
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I have one dress I used to wear when I was 25lbs lighter than I am that I'd like to see myself in again and I have it hanging up on the wall in my room as a reminder.

And I did buy a shirt one size too small for a reward, well a reward for the future, because it has Minnie mouse and was on sale. I haven't even tried it so I have no idea when it will fit but I'm excited at the idea of rocking my lounge wear comfortably
  • JennifrClaire
    JennifrClaire Posts: 141 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I have a pair of Calvin Klein jeans in a size ten that I keep only because they were my goal, and then I got into them and wore them, and felt like "Look at me, I can do anything!"
    They're nothing special to look at, high waisted, straight leg, medium blue, jeans without lycra.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    My clothing piece is a little different but it's still clothing so I'll share. I've been doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu since August and am working on losing another 30 pounds. I'll see how much more I want to lose once I get there but that is my current goal. My reward for accomplishing that will be to get a new gi (the workout uniform we wear in BJJ) in a smaller size. They are expensive, anywhere from $100-200 depending on what you get, so it's a pretty good reward. Plus I'll be able to do all the moves easier without this 30 pounds.
    Snap! ;) That was/is basically mine.

Wow, gis are expensive! I kickbox and our uniform trousers are like $25, same for our tees and vests. It's more our gear that costs, my gloves alone were $120 in the sale for a mid range pair and then there's boots/shin guards, focus mitts, hand and ankle wraps.
  • SiegfriedXXL
    SiegfriedXXL Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Old Navy jeans that I bought back in 2006. I've moved 8 times since then and I've still hung on them through all of the times I've tried to lose weight. They are not my ultimate goal size but they are a size I could grab in most stores and they still don't fit. Yet. I think I will be able to wear them by summer and then shrink my way out of them. I can't wait for that day.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options

Wow, gis are expensive! I kickbox and our uniform trousers are like $25, same for our tees and vests. It's more our gear that costs, my gloves alone were $120 in the sale for a mid range pair and then there's boots/shin guards, focus mitts, hand and ankle wraps.

I do kickboxing too but for that we get to wear whatever we want. I do have a lovely collection of boxing wraps and of course my gloves. The pair I got weren't too bad though, only about $80 and I love them! The gi's are expensive but the quality ones are worth it. Add to that the rash guards and compression pants so I don't get mat burn...

At least I'm spending money on things that will improve me. ;)
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I found a cool t-shirt on a road trip a few weeks ago, stared at the sizes, and decided I'd rather get something smaller that I could wear for longer than something bigger that fits right now. So it's hanging at the front of my closet staring at me every time I weigh myself or get dressed.
  • jacobsl221
    jacobsl221 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My husband bought me an Armani dress in size 8. It is still in my closet 6 years later. I've never worn it, but will, someday!
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have a dress that I fell in love with in college. It was my roommate's and it's a size 10. A few years ago, I lost enough weight that I could fit into a 12, but I still couldn't zip that dress. I am currently a 16 after gaining back some weight and my goal is to zip up and look good in that dress this year. It's not my style anymore, but I don't care!
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    A pair on striped size 8 jeans (that don't really seem like size 8, lol, esp since I am already wearing anywehre bet and 6-10). Bought online and are adorable. Also, my favorite Wallflower jeans, which I fit in briefly after pregancy. until I stopped nursing. lol
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options

I do kickboxing too but for that we get to wear whatever we want. I do have a lovely collection of boxing wraps and of course my gloves. The pair I got weren't too bad though, only about $80 and I love them! The gi's are expensive but the quality ones are worth it. Add to that the rash guards and compression pants so I don't get mat burn...

We can wear what we want to train in, I wear my uniform trousers and a Nike pro long sleeve compression top in winter to protect my lungs when the windows are open (asthma and I'm the one who opens the windows XD) and the tshirt version in the summer, rather than my vest because I don't like my arms (acne scarring). Whereas others wear regular workout gear, or all their uniform, or just their uniform trousers like me because it's personal preference. I wear them simply because they give me the most freedom of movement. Sounds stupid but I feel like leggings restrict my hip flexors/adductors on head/axe kicks. But yeah, for those of us who train for belts must wear our uniform for when our sixth dan instructor comes to grade us.

My first pair of gloves were a $50 pair from Adidas and they were brilliant actually. Comfortable from the start but they stopped making them where I am. Now I have a leather pair of Muay Thai Twins gloves. I probably replace my hand wraps the most because I use them for everything even not kickboxing workouts as I have hyperflexible joints and no one needs those flopping about holding weights. XD

The real beauty of kickboxing trousers is they're elastic so doesn't matter what weight you are because your size is your leg. You only ever need replace them if the elastic or the string tie goes.

Exactly about money. I wasn't going to grade in March because I didn't feel ready but still train and people couldn't understand why I'd want to spend $60 on the session if I wasn't 'going to get something out of it'. What I get out of it is Andrew is a 6th dan black belt and his classes are amazing. Everything he does is applicable to real life sparring so it really gets you thinking about how to put together your basic techniques into super ninja moves in 3 steps or less. I'm still a newbie baby so I'll take all the help I can get.
  • strshllw84
    strshllw84 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I have two dresses that my boyfriend surprised me with when we started dating, they fit me but I feel like an over stuffed sausage in both of them and feel like if I lost the weight I'd feel comfortable and maybe if I got to my goal weight they'd need to be taken in! They are two absolute dream dresses for me and if I could fit in them I would finally do the pinup photos he wants.
  • stang02
    stang02 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

I do BJJ. My goal, once reached is to buy a really awesome looking rashguard (usually run about $60-80). Right now my shirts are looser to hide my slight belly (during No-GI). And also to splurge on a Shoyoroll or Muaewear GI.
  • lorenab702002
    lorenab702002 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a martial artist and I pulled my hamstring. I kept eating like an athlete and gained 30 pounds. I am healed now and I would like to lose 30 pounds and proudly put on one the 8 bikini's I have and my size 5 Levi's I love so much.
  • Libby283
    Libby283 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    A piece? I have a whole closet full of clothes. I threw away all my fat sizes a few years ago when I lost weight. I just hung onto a few pairs of size 6 pants, so that is what I am wearing. My top half stayed close to the same size with the weight gain, because my shirts mostly fit. I had to go buy a pair of dress pants a few weeks ago for work, to wear for one meeting. I will probably never wear them again.

Once I lose the weight, I will just stick to logging calories and weighing every day. That is what I need to stay on target.