2»

Replies

• Rajions
    Rajions Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Rajions wrote: »
    I know.. I was just surprised that this week I only lost 1 pound.

i can see that if the first few weeks set you up with the expectation of 5 pounds a week. also if (reading between the lines here) you've been 'pushing' yourself to a point that feels unsustainable for a much longer haul than you thought it was going to be.

but all the stuff others have said. it's hard to recalibrate your expectations, but another way to look at it is: the fast water loss at first doesn't really 'count' in a way. it masks what your body is doing with fat. now that you're suddenly only a pound down, you have more reliable confirmation that you really are starting to work your way through the fat.

That makes sense. I've been caught up in the hype of trying to lose 20 pounds this month like others have on YouTube. I know it's a little excessive to lose that much weight in that amount of time.. I just thought it was doable. Thanks for your comment.

We tell people over and over and over and over that what you see on YouTube or Instagram or The Biggest Loser is not going to happen in real life. Unfortunately a good number of people don't believe it until they live it. One day you will tell a poster the same thing.

It's starting to make more sense now. I'm a very impatient person and I was trying to lose 90 pounds in less than a year, but I will just have to be patient. I think I can accept 1-2 pounds a week now that I'm more knowledgeable​. I will definitely start weighing myself every two weeks instead of every week and start strength training. I think that will help.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan! Enjoy the process!
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I know.. I was just surprised that this week I only lost 1 pound.

i can see that if the first few weeks set you up with the expectation of 5 pounds a week. also if (reading between the lines here) you've been 'pushing' yourself to a point that feels unsustainable for a much longer haul than you thought it was going to be.

but all the stuff others have said. it's hard to recalibrate your expectations, but another way to look at it is: the fast water loss at first doesn't really 'count' in a way. it masks what your body is doing with fat. now that you're suddenly only a pound down, you have more reliable confirmation that you really are starting to work your way through the fat.

That makes sense. I've been caught up in the hype of trying to lose 20 pounds this month like others have on YouTube. I know it's a little excessive to lose that much weight in that amount of time.. I just thought it was doable. Thanks for your comment.

We tell people over and over and over and over that what you see on YouTube or Instagram or The Biggest Loser is not going to happen in real life. Unfortunately a good number of people don't believe it until they live it. One day you will tell a poster the same thing.

It's starting to make more sense now. I'm a very impatient person and I was trying to lose 90 pounds in less than a year, but I will just have to be patient. I think I can accept 1-2 pounds a week now that I'm more knowledgeable​. I will definitely start weighing myself every two weeks instead of every week and start strength training. I think that will help.

Weekly weigh in is hardly unreasonable, just expect some up and down due to salt, TOM, etc. Most of your weight loss will come from controlling your 'calories in', make sure you are weighing daily there.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I've been pushing myself to the limit doing INSANITY faithfully everyday. I managed to lose 10 pounds the first two weeks. I weighed myself today (every Saturday) and only lost 1 pound..

You made a great start, but 1 lb per week is good, with a maximum of 2 lb being acceptable.
  • amenok
    amenok Posts: 116 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Believe me, i feel the same way as you (as i need ultimately lose about 100 lb total) I was getting frustrated with how little I lost after watching calories(with macros), drinking a lot of water, and working out like a fiend.

The insanity program is quite a lot of work, and builds quite some muscle tone so I wouldn't be suprised your muscles are developing. You should seriously make sure to keep track of your measuring and even track your military body fat % too. I swear i was wondering why i wasn't dropping for a month now, but then come to find my measurements are quite different. It sucks considering we both have a bit of way to go, but we can do this! This will only help our metabolism get better at burning for the long run

edit: if you want you can try this: http://www.fat2fittools.com/tools/mbf/ (military body fat tool) and keep track of your lean body mass and pounds of fat- to see how they change
  • Rajions
    Rajions Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    amenok wrote: »
    Believe me, i feel the same way as you (as i need ultimately lose about 100 lb total) I was getting frustrated with how little I lost after watching calories(with macros), drinking a lot of water, and working out like a fiend.

The insanity program is quite a lot of work, and builds quite some muscle tone so I wouldn't be suprised your muscles are developing. You should seriously make sure to keep track of your measuring and even track your military body fat % too. I swear i was wondering why i wasn't dropping for a month now, but then come to find my measurements are quite different. It sucks considering we both have a bit of way to go, but we can do this! This will only help our metabolism get better at burning for the long run

edit: if you want you can try this: http://www.fat2fittools.com/tools/mbf/ (military body fat tool) and keep track of your lean body mass and pounds of fat- to see how they change

Let's be friends. Lol
  • amenok
    amenok Posts: 116 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Let's be friends. Lol

You got it :) Keep up the hard work