Dieting on a budget

I need SERIOUS help with this. I have about $50 a week to spend on groceries for 2 people. We have all of the normal kitchen appliences. What are some meals, or a grocery list or something! I can't figure this out!

Do you meal prep? If so, how?

Replies

• LahrysaTebo2015
    LahrysaTebo2015 Posts: 197 Member
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    Dieting is generally cheaper. Buy what you used to, just less of it.

I don't eat much as it is though
  • LahrysaTebo2015

You haven't gained weight by 'not eating much'?

I never said I eat healthy at all but I don't eat much. I eat twice a day. Sometimes 3 if I have time. And metabolism has a lot to do with my weight because I have skinny friends who eat 5x more than I eat and don't gain a pound
  • LahrysaTebo2015

I never said I eat healthy at all but I don't eat much. I eat twice a day. Sometimes 3 if I have time. And metabolism has a lot to do with my weight because I have skinny friends who eat 5x more than I eat and don't gain a pound

Sorry, but no. Eating 'healthy' doesn't make you lose weight. A calorie deficit does.

Google the twinkie diet if you like...

You have skinny friends who you think eat loads but in actual fact they're probably more active than you or eat a lot less when you don't see them...

Lol. You can think what you'd like. I know what I put in my body, you dont. Get off my discussion if you're going to be rude to me and try to make me feel stupid. I've been fat since 3rd grade. Im not stupid
  • LahrysaTebo2015

Sorry, but no. Eating 'healthy' doesn't make you lose weight. A calorie deficit does.

You have skinny friends who you think eat loads but in actual fact they're probably more active than you or eat a lot less when you don't see them...

Lol. You can think what you'd like. I know what I put in my body, you dont. Get off my discussion if you're going to be rude to me and try to make me feel stupid. I've been fat since 3rd grade. Im not stupid

I haven't been rude to you, just trying to help actually.

You're not stupid, but you're obviously misinformed.

Good luck.

Just doesn't make sense because I eat less calories a day then I'm "supposed to' and I'm still fat? Doesn't make sense
  • JLASilver
    JLASilver Posts: 22 Member
    Do you have a Trader Joe's near you? I purchased breakfast, lunches and dinner for 5-7 days for under $50. The pre-packaged/cooked frozen veggies, cauliflower rice make excellent side dishes for healthy lunch. I also love the veggie burgers! It takes some planning and self control for me to not buy all the condiments they sell. But I'm excited about my lunchs this week. I was getting sick of Turkey wraps and salads.
  • LahrysaTebo2015

He was not being any way rude. Your response is.

My co-workers always see me eating, gobbling down hundreds of calories of chocolate, big macs, fries, massive chicken & spinach lunches, and have openly asked how I'm losing so much weight. The answer of course is that my calories average to about 1500/day over the week. I'm sure there've been mumblings about how fast my metabolism is.

The only way to know what you're putting in your body is to track your calories. Overweight people underestimate their calorie intake far more frequently than having large metabolic differences from average. This is just a fact, therefore it is a higher priority answer for most overweight people, even if it sounds rude to some to hear it. It NEEDS to be suggested as the more probable alternative to "slow metabolism", because it is.

My co-workers always see me eating, gobbling down hundreds of calories of chocolate, big macs, fries, massive chicken & spinach lunches, and have openly asked how I'm losing so much weight. The answer of course is that my calories average to about 1500/day over the week. I'm sure there've been mumblings about how fast my metabolism is.

The only way to know what you're putting in your body is to track your calories. Overweight people underestimate their calorie intake far more frequently than having large metabolic differences from average. This is just a fact, therefore it is a higher priority answer for most overweight people, even if it sounds rude to some to hear it. It NEEDS to be suggested as the more probable alternative to "slow metabolism", because it is.

Add me. I'll track every single thing I eat and drink you'll see for yourself
  • comeonnow142857
    comeonnow142857 Posts: 310 Member

Add me. I'll track every single thing I eat and drink you'll see for yourself

Sure. His post still holds though.
  • LahrysaTebo2015
    sijomial wrote: »

I haven't been rude to you, just trying to help actually.

You're not stupid, but you're obviously misinformed.

Good luck.

Just doesn't make sense because I eat less calories a day then I'm "supposed to' and I'm still fat? Doesn't make sense

Start logging your food accurately and then you will understand.
    You got fat the same way everyone else did - you ate more calories than your body needed.

Don't stay fat by making excuses, I did that for 20 years, your skinny friends really aren't eating x5 the amount you are.

Simply eating less will save you money, you don't need a special diet to lose weight. No idea what you are eating now or what style of food/cooking you enjoy so hard to make suggestions beyond bulk buying and batch cooking.

Good luck.

Thank you. This was the first comment that didn't sound offesnive. I'm trying