Halo top ice cream

Options
1235»

Replies

• Arthirius
    Arthirius Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love em. I agree that sea salt is my favorite but it's rare that i see it at my kroger, so cookie dough is my default.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I bought two pints from reading this place. This ice cream is NOT good. Not to my standard. It's dry and icy like frozen water mixed in. It's like a cheap ice cream that's been left in the freezer too long.

This ice cream is much better. Richer, creamier and softer. Breyers+gelato+indulgences
    breyers+gelato+indulgences+vanilla+caramel+gelato+2014.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I buy it when it's on sale.

I've had some weird tasting pints but overall, I like it and it's really good enough for me when I crave ice cream, and as satisfying as the real stuff (I'm more of a quantity vs quality person when it comes to ice cream, unfortunately, although when it's nasty, I won't eat it, lol).
  • TPetey55
    TPetey55 Posts: 14 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I was excited to read that it says "low-carb" on the label, but the lowest carb count of any of the flavors is the black cherry at 9 net carbs per tiny serving. I could probably manage it if I leave most of the vegetables out of my meals for the day, but otherwise it's tough to fit into a 20 net carbs/day budget.

Oh, well. I Periodically indulge in a cheat meal with the aim of giving myself an insulin spike every now and then. I'll have a bowl of real ice cream then. :smile:

EDIT: I forgot that you can also subtract sugar alcohols from total carbs, meaning that the net carbs for most of the flavors is only 5-6 grams. Maybe I'll try this after all. :smile:
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I like, in this order:
    Oatmeal cookie
    Red velvet
    Peanut butter cup
    Salted caramel

I tried the enlightened in four flavors - the cold brew and butter pecan are okay, and the oatmeal and fudge chocolate are awful.

• ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    The s'mores flavor is the best. I've been trying some different flavors out since more stores finally have them in stock
  • Kelster1010
    Kelster1010 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sea salt caramel and chocolate win in our house, cookies and cream was blah
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    It's really good but expensive. Worth it imo. I personally love mint chip, oatmeal, cookie dough, and birthday cake.
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    rdmitch wrote: »
    Not terribly impressed with the two flavor I tried
    S'mores and chocolate almond were mediocre. Nothing that a few squirts of
    Hershey's syrup can't fix. I'll take a bit less ice cream and add the syrup.

I'm officially kicking myself in the buttt for not trying the chocolate
    Tried it yesterday and found this flavor to be really good
    Well worth the money. I think it's my new go to flavor.
  • vpblanda1126
    vpblanda1126 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The chocolate is absolutely delicious and PERFECT for a chocolate craving! I just tried that flavor and loved it! Mint chip is the second one I've tried and it's amazing! Honestly, it's up to your taste buds! The flavors are a bit sweeter than regular ice cream and stronger but it's soooo good.
  • Dianasal081
    Dianasal081 Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Ive tried both halo top and enlighted and it was just ok. It did have an odd aftertaste and had a filmy texture to it. I'll stick to a half cup of real ice cream.
  • aamerine08
    aamerine08 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've heard rave reviews about Halo Top so I have a lot of hope in it. However, I personally tried the chocolate flavor. Me being a choco-holic and chocolate ice cream being my favorite, Halo Top didn't nail the chocolate flavor for me.
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    We sadly dont have this in the UK :(