Halo top ice cream

Options

Replies

• nichell88
    nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I Love Ice cream and I've heard that a brand called Halo Top is a "healthier" version. Has anyone tried it? What is the best flavor? Thanks!

I looove their ice cream. Its creamy and tasty and doesnt taste "diet"-y at all imo. Ive tried the sea salt caramel and chocolate mocha chip flavors and have loved them both. I also had a coworker who tried the oatmeal cookie flavor and she said it was really good. Definitely part of my diet moving forward
  • Kelley0519
    Kelley0519 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero is another great brand. They have a salted caramel that is wonderful. It is only 35 calories per 1/2 cup serving and 150 calories for the entire pint. I have found them at Walmart.

I like the Artic Zero Salted Caramel and their Vanilla Maple flavor. That's about it lol
  • lasvegasconcertgirl
    lasvegasconcertgirl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Been really curious. Glad you posted the question!
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I only tried vanilla and did not care for it, I felt like I was eating sheetrock compound. The $4.99 a pint price is high but if I liked it wouldnt be an issue. Maybe I need to give another flavor a shot.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

That just means the total ingredients in Haagen Dazs are denser than the total ingredients in Halo Top. It doesn't (necessarily) have anything to do with "air."

Milk protein concentrate is simply protein isolated from milk, so you don't get the fat/carbs - and therefore Calories. It's not a "trick."

Basically, what I'm saying, is that article is utter nonsense and seemingly a bit of fearmongering.

Also, soft serve ice cream and 'whipped' ice cream (like Edie's) are whipped with air to make them creamier, and they end up with fewer calories.

Guess what, they taste better too....
  • jwhokie
    jwhokie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Halo Top is my new favorite treat. Oatmeal cookie is my fave, but like others have said it has little bits of oat in it. I actually like it though. Birthday cake is also good. I've found it on sale at Kroger for $3.99.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I think the pistachio is amazing, but I also think its different, I can literally have two spoonfuls and be satisfied whereas if I actually ate regular ice cream out of a pint or half gallon there would be no way two spoonfuls would satisfy, in fact if I want real ice cream I buy those mini ice cream cones because they are proportioned because I don't trust myself to eat half the pint.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    srk369 wrote: »
    amyepdx wrote: »
    I've been resisting the $6.99 price but I guess I'll have to give it a try!

I guess I should be happy that walmart by me has it for 4.74!

wow it's only like 4 bucks at market basket. Same as any pint of ben and jerrys or what not.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    PB Cup and Smores are my favorites. I have it with a little bit of Walden Farm no Cal Choc Syrup (Takes some getting use to) and a few choc chips almost every night as my last meal. I make it fit my cals
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    ActivatedAlm0nds Posts: 169 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Arctic Zero is another great brand.
    No it is not. I was disappointed in HT cookie dough as it needs more mixins, but at least the base was has a wonderful flavor. Arctic Zero's cookie dough base has none.

Enlightened also has some good reviews.

• Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Arctic Zero is another great brand. They have a salted caramel that is wonderful. It is only 35 calories per 1/2 cup serving and 150 calories for the entire pint. I have found them at Walmart.

I have read nothing but absolute horror stories about that brand. I will not be deceived into giving it a try. :wink:
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    annaskiski wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »

That just means the total ingredients in Haagen Dazs are denser than the total ingredients in Halo Top. It doesn't (necessarily) have anything to do with "air."

Milk protein concentrate is simply protein isolated from milk, so you don't get the fat/carbs - and therefore Calories. It's not a "trick."

Basically, what I'm saying, is that article is utter nonsense and seemingly a bit of fearmongering.

Also, soft serve ice cream and 'whipped' ice cream (like Edie's) are whipped with air to make them creamier, and they end up with fewer calories.

Guess what, they taste better too....

Oooh, I'll try whipping the next ice cream I try, lol
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    Options

I have read nothing but absolute horror stories about that brand. I will not be deceived into giving it a try. :wink:
    I admit, they HAD one good flavor.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options

I'll keep that in mind if I see it on sale, but no promises. LOL
  • ActivatedAlm0nds
    Options

I'll keep that in mind if I see it on sale, but no promises. LOL
    Arctic Zero retired the flavor! I only ever purchased old pints at the 99Cent Store.

• SarcasticBlondie
    SarcasticBlondie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I tried the lemon and the Choc almond. Hated it! Horrible aftertaste. Maybe another flavor would be beter but not sure I'll try. Might as well threw money in the garbage.
  • KhaleesiBlue
    KhaleesiBlue Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It must just be me, because I bought the peanut butter and it was awful. I ate a few bites and haven't touched it since. I like to make low calorie substitutions, but in this case I'll just eat regular ice cream.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    srk369 wrote: »
    amyepdx wrote: »
    I've been resisting the $6.99 price but I guess I'll have to give it a try!

I guess I should be happy that walmart by me has it for 4.74!

wow it's only like 4 bucks at market basket. Same as any pint of ben and jerrys or what not.

I love Market Basket. They have great prices, selection, and have never let me down for produce that is hard to find elsewhere. There isn't one close by me so I plan to go after I visit my Mom.