Replies

• sabinki
    sabinki Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the last post. I did not mean to post it and can't delete it
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    @happysherri - warm thoughts and love and prayers coming your way!

• ParanormaLauren
    ParanormaLauren Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Currently deep in the Pinterest trying to find vegan things that no one will realize is vegan for tomorrow's potluck stuff.

Probably this chili with some quinoa for a nice protein kick- https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/slow-cooker-vegetarian-chili-recipe/

I can eat this by itself if I needed to!

• deadpheonixrising
    deadpheonixrising Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I was just looking through the message boards and found you all. You all seem like really nice people so I wanted to say well done for that!
    I've been struggling with my mental health for a while but this year is the first one in a good few years where I've actually felt alive. I want to stay that way as well so I'm going to try and lose this weight I've been struggling with sensibly.
    I have a habit of eating when I'm anxious, the repetitiveness of chewing makes me feel less so. It's something I'm going to have to work on.
    Wow I wrote a lot... :neutral: Here's hoping that everyone finds a smile somewhere in their day today.
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Mowing near bees is difficult. My ears would NOT be a good spot for your new hive. No, little bee.

@ParanormaLauren - I'm not vegan, but the chili looks good.

@deadpheonixrising - hi! Welcome! I also eat when I'm anxious. It's good that you feel more connected with life this year. Whatever you are doing, keep it up!

@sabinki - deletion of posts doesn't seem to be allowed. But, you CAN edit. So, sometimes you can edit what you said down to a single dot, dash, "hello" "post deleted" anything you want to say.

Love to all. I may go out and see if the bee has left.
  • deadpheonixrising
    deadpheonixrising Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    @aleahurst Thanks for the welcome. I hope that you managed to escape that bee. :smile:

Today, I'm really proud of myself for getting dressed up nicely to go see my Grandma. It's been awhile since I really did that and I felt really special and like I had my life together. Also I haven't eaten any easter chocolate yet despite having it in the room with me for a few hours now.
    I hope everyone else is having a nice easter.
  • aleahurst
    Options
    myb748cpyq3h.jpg
    Happy Sunday to all.
  • ParanormaLauren
    ParanormaLauren Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My morning got all moved around, but I rearranged so that I could fit in at least some cardio. Had a dish I was planning to make, but now won't have time to. Not letting that freak me out. Progress in the "choosing health" department.
  • jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    hey all! went to the gym yesterday, but went visiting unexpectedly today for easter and didn't get back there. i hope everyone had a lovely weekend! <3
  • aleahurst
    Options
    @mbam89 - That's beautiful!
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Had a nice Easter gathering with my hubby's family yesterday. In hindsight, I should have posted about my Easter meal coming up for accountability purposes like I did for the potluck. Didn't do quite as well with the Easter meal - hard to resist an old-fashioned, home-cooked meal! I didn't binge, just had more than I should have. But...today is another day.

My beautiful behaviors today will be to eat mindfully, log all my food, and try to stay within my calories and macros. Probably no time to walk Ellie tonight. I have a church meeting to prep for a women's retreat in a few weeks. Soooo looking forward to the retreat. My body and mind both need it!

Have a lovely Monday, everyone.

P.S. @aleahurst: Thought about making sweeping floors fun...Put on your favorite dance music and pretend the broom is your partner???? ;)
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Dinner at my mom's yesterday went well. I didn't count calories, and I know I went over my limit, but I didn't binge, so I'm happy. In the evening, I had some more dessert, and got about halfway through it before I felt too full to continue, so I put the rest back in the freezer. I was really proud of that, because normally I stuff myself to the point of feeling really sick when faced with foods I like. So even though I ate a lot of calories, I was still practicin a beautiful behavior.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I have been reading everyone's posts and updates, everyone seems to be doing wonderfully. This weekend did not go that well for me. Keep up the good fight and above all love yourself.

Update: I did eat Everything this weekend. Went out to eat a couple of times and ate all the candy! :) I did manage to workout Friday morning but took Saturday and Sunday off. I had planned on not tracking and giving myself a break this weekend - so I don't feel any type of way about the food.
    I hate drama, and this weekend was filled with some - I will spare you the details. My sister is on her way back to Louisiana and while I love her, kinda glad she is going back home :smile:
    Back at it today, no more sadness, no more pitty parties, no more surprises, just back to my routine and that's the way I like it. I plan on eating healthy today and all this week and I absolutely can't wait until I can get back into the gym tonight! The gym is my therapy!

Weekly goal - Due to all my feelings this past weekend, I am going to meditate a little each day.

Thought for the day: Tough times never last but tough people do. *Me! This hard weekend was a tough time for me but I survived and I knew it would pass. I am determined to not let my sad or doubtful feelings take over and I will conquer this week.
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Well ladies,
    I did not do well this past weekend. A long weekend led to a long weekend of bad choices. Back at it today.

Hope everyone has a great day!

@happysherri - I love the weekly goals! I think I will be setting my own weekly goals.

• CT0526
    CT0526 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!
    I just got back from our week long beach vacation! We went to Hilton Head and had the most perfect weather all week! I did not log my calories and just ate and drank what I wanted. It was exactly what I needed to start the healing process after the death of my mother.
    But now back to reality! I'm going to weigh in tomorrow (scale didn't work this morning, needs a battery) and stick to my calorie goals all week.
    Have a great day!
  • aleahurst
    Options
    @happysherri - A little meditation each day will go a long ways. Good for you. I'll keep you in prayer. We cannot prevent conflict, but we can certainly yell "stop" when it wants to go deeply into our souls.

@rdevol - I need to play music more often! Yes! I'll do that. AND, congrats on not binging!

@wellthenwhat - Congratulations to you as well on avoiding a binge.

Okay. I read up on my lung disease and was not happy. I may start taking supplements. Allergies have me coughing today. I took a spoonful of dirty honey and it helped. (Dirty=cannot be sold. Dead bee floating in it). My appetite is changing so that I do not want meats in the fridge. They turn my stomach, but I can eat meats in a restaurant. Just don't ask me to cook them. The dead bee did not bother me a bit. I've begun using spirulina. It is high in protein and does help a little with ravenous appetite. However, it also appears to cause GI issues for the first month it is used. So, I will eat nutrient dense foods again!

Love to all.

Lea
  • fitzmonkey13
    fitzmonkey13 Posts: 88 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hey everyone! I see we all had some ups and downs this weekend. I'm glad everyone seems to be prepared to shake it off and move on today. Even when we went off our plans or overindulged we seemed to find some small part of our weekends that were beautiful behaviours so YAY US!

@aleahurst Sleeping in is awesome! Glad you got a chance to indulge for once. My suggestion for making sweeping fun is to put googly eyes on your broom and sing Disney songs. Or save up for a Roomba and never sweep again? Also, bees really seem to love you! You must just give off sweet vibes!

@deadpheonixrising Welcome!!! I've dealt with some mental health issues in the past but something about this spring is making me feel more positive and hopeful than I have in a long time. Hopefully you find some new things in your life to help keep the anxiety at bay. Glad you took the opportunity to get dressed up. I find that when I'm really down my personal care suffers... I shower, but I put on ratty old clothes and don't bother with my hair. So the first time after one of those periods where I actually coordinate an outfit or (gasp) put on makeup, I know I'm turning a corner.

@ParanormaLauren Glad you didn't let the little things derail you this weekend. Planning ahead is great, but being able to keep moving forward when things don't go to plan is a big part of how we make these habits permanent.

@jessiquoi Glad you made it to the gym on the weekend! And unexpected visits can be great!

@wellthenwhat Stopping yourself when you are full is a big step! Self-sabotage can be our biggest downfall. Bravo you!

@happysherri Glad you are able to focus on the positive. Figuring out how to be a family when your anchor person is gone can be really hard. Many, many hugs to you!

@str8bowbabe You have the right attitude! Just keep swimming!

I enjoyed a couple of tasty adult beverages this weekend, but I really, truly enjoyed them rather than drinking them mindlessly. I tracked everything, even when I went over the calories I planned on. On the super positive side, I got two beautiful bike rides in, spent time with friends, saw a play, was super-productive around the house and got lots of food prep done for the week ahead. I even cleaned out the fridge! Hubby and I cleaned the house without there being company planned (we basically only do a full clean when company is coming usually).

The weather here is gorgeous and I'm looking forward to being in the park today on my lunch. I'm fighting with my knee again, but as long as I'm careful, it should be fine.

On another note - I am so not a morning person, but I've been feeling remarkably upbeat today. I kind of like it! I'm going to make an upbeat dance mix to listen to in the kitchen in the morning so I can have a Monday Morning Dance Party (which may or may not have happened this morning). :p What songs would go on your Monday Morning Dance Mix?
  • nickiphillips1
    nickiphillips1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I had a quiet Easter with my oldest son visiting and my younger son staying in his room mostly. They don't get along. I had a nice time though with my oldest son.

Today I barely made it through swim practice. This cold's last stages seems to be hanging on to me. I am so tired and my body is not moving well.

I am now getting my monthly MS infusion. I am hoping this might help me get better. I have to remember that I can't fight colds like I used to with my weakened immune system. So if I still feel crappy, I may sleep in tomorrow...

It seems like I can try to do everything right and pretend I don't have this crappy disease, then I get sucker punched and reminded. Enough of my pity party. I need to get over my cold and move on...

@happysherri - family is complicated - my brother lives in town and refuses to admit I exist, nobody knows why, but I just move on - it sucks because he has four kids and my kids would have loved to hang out with his two youngest, but he made a choice
    @mbam89 - nice dog pic - I wish it was Friday again...
    @jessiquoi - how did the weekend go without John?
    @wellthenwhat - nice job building the running slowly - that's the way to go

Have a great week everyone!
  • mbam89
    mbam89 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @CT0526 That sounds lovely. I'm glad you got a chance to get away and start healing.
    @fitzmonkey13 Sounds like you found a balance between enjoying yourself and not going overboard. Sounds like a great weekend. Good for you!
    @happysherri I hear you about drama! I'm glad thing are back to normal for you.
    @nickiphillips1 I hope you feel better! I hate those colds that stick around and make you feel horrible. Great job for getting to swim practice despite that!

My Easter was pretty nice. I skipped church to have some time alone. I went to my mom's for Easter dinner. I was going to cut loose and not even log, but I decided to at least log so I knew where I'm at.... I've also joined a couple of dietbets, hopefully that will help me stay motivated!