What is the best treatment for constipation?

Replies

• khorshidnaz16
    khorshidnaz16 Posts: 144 Member
    Drinking two galss of water when you get up every morning.
    Eating 7 figs soaked in the water before breakfast every morning.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member

I don't eat breakfast. And 7 figs doesn't fit in to my calories. They're also not in season. What else should I do?
  • khorshidnaz16
    I bought some dry figs and I put 7 of them in the water every night. Then I eat them every morning. It is very good for constipation. Even when you do not eat breakfast. You can also eat some Almonds,Lettuce,peanut butter,Carrots and the best thing is Spinach.
  • saladandcupcakes
    saladandcupcakes Posts: 3 Member
    Fruits and vegetables!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    I bought some dry figs and I put 7 of them in the water every night. Then I eat them every morning. It is very good for constipation. Even when you do not eat breakfast. You can also eat some Almonds,Lettuce,peanut butter,Carrots and the best thing is Spinach.

But the 7 figs doesn't fit in to my calories. And dried fruit usually has sulphites. I don't like eating in the morning.

What should I make with Almonds, lettuce, peanut butter, carrots and spinach?
  • Vegansuperman
    Vegansuperman Posts: 21 Member

The vegan diet.
  • khorshidnaz16
    I make a salad with them every day. And I eat peanut butter with honey. And 7 Almonds every day.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    Make sure you are getting sufficient good fats in your diet, plenty of water, exercise.

If you have introduced a lot of fibre in a very short period of time, wind back the fibre and introduce back slowly.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    I make a salad with them every day. And I eat peanut butter with honey. And 7 Almonds every day.

Sounds like a weird salad. I don't eat honey - sugar feeds cancer. And can I just have 6 Almonds? Perhaps my Almonds are different sizes to yours - how many grams is 7 Almonds?
  • khorshidnaz16
    I do not how many grams. I just eat 7 Almonds every day.

Sounds like a weird salad. I don't eat honey - sugar feeds cancer. And can I just have 6 Almonds? Perhaps my Almonds are different sizes to yours - how many grams is 7 Almonds?

• livingleanlivingclean
    I do not how many grams. I just eat 7 Almonds every day.

But that is not accurate logging. You should weigh all solids and measure all liquids.
  • khorshidnaz16
    Ok. Thank you. I will do it from now on.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    edited April 2017
    Add more fiber and do it regularly to be regular. :)
    • I add 1 TBSP ground flax seed as well as both Glucomannan Powder (From Konjac Root) and Inositol Powder to my morning smoothies.
    • I have a low calorie blended meal (I put the ingredients in a food processor -- a blender works as well) that I make up on the weekend for lunches during the week. Usually several bunches of parsley, Persian cucumbers, celery, bell pepper, carrots. Sometimes I add garlic or onion or avocado. I put sea salt in it, raw apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. I eat about 8 oz. of this with my lunch. I cook up some chopped mushrooms and mixed greens and store this separately. I mix up some of this into my blended meal just to give it some texture.
    • I chew up a 1000 mg Ester-C tablet twice a day (which has some fiber from the Citrus Bioflavonoids (Citrus sinensis) (fruit) Sweet Orange, Tangerine, Lime, Lemon, Acerola Rutin, Hesperidin Complex (Citrus spp.) (fruit).
    • I try to remember to take Natural Calm unflavored magnesium (which can be laxative inducing).

Other things to try:
    • Psyllium husk (get one with the least amount of additives and add to a smoothie); or,
    • Methylcellulose (I like Garden of Life - Dr. Formulated Organic Fiber Citrus)
    • Probiotics (I like Five-Lac)

For quick relief:
    1. Senna (I like Nature's Way) at night before bed

**or**

2. (From Dr. Axe) 2 teaspoons of sea salt (you don't want to use table salt) first thing in the morning on an empty stomach in liter of filtered water. You want the water to be warmer than room temperature, but not boiling or very hot. It should be cooler than the temp you would use to brew tea or coffee. Grab a glass jar with a lid and add the salt, hot water, and some fresh lemon juice or lemon water (which helps cut the taste of the salt). Shake it vigorously to fully dissolve the salt. Make sure no granules are visible, which will settle at the bottom of your jar/lid if they’re still undissolved. Drink the mixture quickly, within a few minutes if possible (under 5 minutes is the goal). Since it doesn’t taste great (it’s very salty!), you will probably want to drink it down as fast.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member

I don't eat breakfast. And 7 figs doesn't fit in to my calories. They're also not in season. What else should I do?

Don't fit into my calories either. Also, I hate them, and they are kind of expensive for something I hate.