Pre-Workout Drink Mix??

Options
Rajions
Rajions Posts: 128 Member
I just bought a pre-workout powder for when I start my new exercise routine tomorrow. Do you guys use it before your workouts?

Brand I Purchased: Six Star Pre-Workout Explosion

Claims:
•Extreme Energy, Focus, & Intensity
•Explosive Muscle Pumps
•Fuels Muscle Growth & Performance

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    If you don't even know when or how to use it why would you buy it?

...aside from the caffeine in it, it's nothing but a placebo effect that tastes good. My recommendation. Take that knockoff brand stuff back and get back your money. Just buy some simple caffeine tablets until you know a bit more about pre workouts and their ingredients. Have you ever heard DMAA or ephedrine or their effects at unregulated dosages? Id advice doing your research first.
  • Rajions
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »

...aside from the caffeine in it, it's nothing but a placebo effect that tastes good. My recommendation. Take that knockoff brand stuff back and get back your money. Just buy some simple caffeine tablets until you know a bit more about pre workouts and their ingredients. Have you ever heard DMAA or ephedrine or their effects at unregulated dosages? Id advice doing your research first.

I did research.. I just wanted to know if others have used it.
  • Rajions
    Options

I'm a very eager and impatient person, so I will buy just about anything to help make this weight loss process easier. I will take it back and finish using this green tea fat burning pills.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say but you are grasping at straws and wasting your time and money.
    The marketing blurb of that stuff is ridiculous.

Be careful - your impatience may be your undoing with so much weight to lose.
  • Rajions
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Sorry to say but you are grasping at straws and wasting your time and money.
    The marketing blurb of that stuff is ridiculous.

Be careful - your impatience may be your undoing with so much weight to lose.

Yeah.. it's a bad habit that I have to break.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Rajions wrote: »
    Do you guys use it before your workouts?

I'll drink a coffee, that's about it.
  • jessef593
    Options

I did research.. I just wanted to know if others have used it.

Research as in you read what the supplement companies had to say or you looked up independent studies and meta analysis' on specific supplements about their short term and long term benefits? The only supplements that have been proven by studies to actually aid in fat loss are all illegal controlled supplements. The only proven legal free way to lose fat is a caloric deficit.

• KirbySmith46
    KirbySmith46 Posts: 198 Member
    Options

Where did she say she didn't know when or how to use it?

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    You're just starting a workout routine and you bought a pre-workout you don't know much about. You don't need it. And I love pre-workout. Just get your workout on lady!
  • jessef593
    Options

When she was question how people go about taking it along with stating what it supposedly does when without the caffeine additive it wouldn't have any of those effects

• jessef593
    Options

Especially when she stated that it causes muscle growth. If someone thinks that a pre workout is responsible for hypertrophy and that pre workout doesn't Happen to contain any anabolic hormones. Then they're stating they don't know what the pre workout does. I'm sorry but that's the bitter truth.

• broseidonkingofbrocean
    Options
    The pre-workout you bought doesn't contain any of the dangerous stimulants(or ingredients) and isn't ridiculously dosed on caffiene. Take it as directed but what I usually do is take it right before I step in the gym. As others said you could just buy caffiene pills or drink coffee. I still prefer a preworkout, could call it a waste of money but who here doesn't spend their money on something non essential.

If you're broke tho and the money could be better spent elsewhere just go with the caffeine option. Just don't become reliant on them use them sparingly as in days you're really dragging on.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Many pre-workouts, Six Star included, contain ingredients that varying levels of research suggest varying levels of effectiveness. That said, they are super-expensive (> $1.00/serving) when taken at effective doses.

Do your research (examine.com is good source for meta analysis), find out which specific supplements are right for you, and buy them individually in bulk. Even then, they will give you a relatively small advantage and should be treated as a supplement to a solid training and diet program.
  • TejahBee
    TejahBee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Honey, just head to Walmart or Target and grab you some Jet Alert/No Doze/caffeine tablets. The active ingredient in most of those supplements is caffeine. I pay $3 for a 16 count, 200 mg caffiene tablet box. I break one in half and take it about 40 minutes before working out. Does the trick super well. If you work out every other day, that's almost a 2 month supply for like $3-4.
  • jaelbaby12001
    jaelbaby12001 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    IdealLean, it's made for women, it has a stimulant free preworkout, as well as amazing BCAA's.
  • Rajions
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »
    Best pre-workout drink? Just buy caffeine pills, L-Theanine (only if you get jittery from the caffeine) and Beta-Alanine....under 0,25$ per serving and it will last you for months. If you're hoping that a pre-workout will make you lose weight, you will be waiting a long time.

No I didn't think it will help me lose weight, I was just looking/hoping for what the packaging claims. Like "fuels muscle growth". Again, YouTube has sucked me in.
  • Rajions
    Options

Thank you! Lol
  • Rajions
    edited April 2017
    Options
    The pre-workout you bought doesn't contain any of the dangerous stimulants(or ingredients) and isn't ridiculously dosed on caffiene. Take it as directed but what I usually do is take it right before I step in the gym. As others said you could just buy caffiene pills or drink coffee. I still prefer a preworkout, could call it a waste of money but who here doesn't spend their money on something non essential.

If you're broke tho and the money could be better spent elsewhere just go with the caffeine option. Just don't become reliant on them use them sparingly as in days you're really dragging on.

Most relevant comment on here. Thank you. No, I'm not broke. Lol I watch a lot of YouTube and in their just trying to sell you stuff but it sounds convincing. I just wanted to make sure I benefit from my workouts in the beginning before regretting many months in and be at a stand still without it. You know?
  • jessef593
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »
    Best pre-workout drink? Just buy caffeine pills, L-Theanine (only if you get jittery from the caffeine) and Beta-Alanine....under 0,25$ per serving and it will last you for months. If you're hoping that a pre-workout will make you lose weight, you will be waiting a long time.

No I didn't think it will help me lose weight, I was just looking/hoping for what the packaging claims. Like "fuels muscle growth". Again, YouTube has sucked me in.

Thank you! Lol

Ughh...