Pre-Workout Drink Mix??

Options
2»

Replies

• broseidonkingofbrocean
    Options
    Rajions wrote: »
    The pre-workout you bought doesn't contain any of the dangerous stimulants(or ingredients) and isn't ridiculously dosed on caffiene. Take it as directed but what I usually do is take it right before I step in the gym. As others said you could just buy caffiene pills or drink coffee. I still prefer a preworkout, could call it a waste of money but who here doesn't spend their money on something non essential.

If you're broke tho and the money could be better spent elsewhere just go with the caffeine option. Just don't become reliant on them use them sparingly as in days you're really dragging on.

Most relevant comment on here. Thank you. No, I'm not broke. Lol I watch a lot of YouTube and in their just trying to sell you stuff but it sounds convincing. I just wanted to make sure I benefit from my workouts in the beginning before regretting many months in and be at a stand still without it. You know?

I got you but you really wont ever be in a stand still due to preworkout. You don't NEED a preworkout however it's a supplement I buy on the regular. Thing with youtube is there are people who just try to sell you stuff. On the other hand people do take preworkouts so if you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone as in not needing to pay for a product you use and getting paid from said product, wouldn't you do the same? Just curious who you are watching on youtube.

With your first post wondering what they can do compared to the claims. They can give you energy, focus, and increase your intensity. Caffiene does the energy and intensity. Other ingredients can enhance focus. Muscle pumps can also be a truthful claim as there are ingredients that enhance this. Fueling muscle growth isn't one of them tho.

As someone else stated you can look up ingredients and proper dosing. Do research on the ingredients. I can look at most supplements ingredients list and tell if the product is good or bad. Again do not become reliant on them and use them sparingly.
  • vtemp2013
    vtemp2013 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm caffeine insensitive and perpetually exhausted (due to a medial reason; I get excess amounts of sleep!) so I can't just drink a coffee before my workout and get going (I already drink 2+ cups a day with little effect). I started with a preworkout exorbitantly high on caffeine, and I hated it. Now I use Vintage Blast- it's great! It's non-habit forming, so you'll never "need" it but it's great for those days you want a little extra boost. It doesn't rely on caffeine either, so you never get jittery or faint. It has a great flavor, too, and gives me a lot more focus than usual. I've lost 50 lbs and lift heavy now, and I don't see anything wrong with using a preworkout. If it works for you, it works for you. If not, don't bash it and just continue doing what DOES work for you. Just don't rely on any pre to make your body perfect because it's not responsible for doing that- you are.
  • lavoiekr
    lavoiekr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with using a pre-workout before you go to the gym as long as you don't have a blood pressure problem. I use it regularly and find that it does enhance my endurance. I've had no negative affects.
  • Rajions
    Rajions Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    vtemp2013 wrote: »
    I'm caffeine insensitive and perpetually exhausted (due to a medial reason; I get excess amounts of sleep!) so I can't just drink a coffee before my workout and get going (I already drink 2+ cups a day with little effect). I started with a preworkout exorbitantly high on caffeine, and I hated it. Now I use Vintage Blast- it's great! It's non-habit forming, so you'll never "need" it but it's great for those days you want a little extra boost. It doesn't rely on caffeine either, so you never get jittery or faint. It has a great flavor, too, and gives me a lot more focus than usual. I've lost 50 lbs and lift heavy now, and I don't see anything wrong with using a preworkout. If it works for you, it works for you. If not, don't bash it and just continue doing what DOES work for you. Just don't rely on any pre to make your body perfect because it's not responsible for doing that- you are.

I don't drink coffee and I hate taking pills. The multivitamins I take are gummies, so I was glad that the pre-workout was a powder I can put in a drink. I didn't think it would change my body, just maybe give me a boost.
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    the clearance table at gnc suckered me into some preworkout about 2 months ago. I grab a barbell shortly before 5am so I figured anything to take the fog off. Well I've been dosing myself on the mornings I lift for about 2 months and I can't wait for this bottle to be gone. I noticed the greater effects of energy for about the first week now I just hate the taste but am too cheap to dump it out. I started dumping a scoop of creatine in that preworkout and thats been about the only thing I ever noticed made an actual difference and that cost like $10 for a 3 month supply.
  • Rajions
    Options
    The pre-workout you bought doesn't contain any of the dangerous stimulants(or ingredients) and isn't ridiculously dosed on caffiene. Take it as directed but what I usually do is take it right before I step in the gym. As others said you could just buy caffiene pills or drink coffee. I still prefer a preworkout, could call it a waste of money but who here doesn't spend their money on something non essential.

If you're broke tho and the money could be better spent elsewhere just go with the caffeine option. Just don't become reliant on them use them sparingly as in days you're really dragging on.

Most relevant comment on here. Thank you. No, I'm not broke. Lol I watch a lot of YouTube and in their just trying to sell you stuff but it sounds convincing. I just wanted to make sure I benefit from my workouts in the beginning before regretting many months in and be at a stand still without it. You know?

I got you but you really wont ever be in a stand still due to preworkout. You don't NEED a preworkout however it's a supplement I buy on the regular. Thing with youtube is there are people who just try to sell you stuff. On the other hand people do take preworkouts so if you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone as in not needing to pay for a product you use and getting paid from said product, wouldn't you do the same? Just curious who you are watching on youtube.

With your first post wondering what they can do compared to the claims. They can give you energy, focus, and increase your intensity. Caffiene does the energy and intensity. Other ingredients can enhance focus. Muscle pumps can also be a truthful claim as there are ingredients that enhance this. Fueling muscle growth isn't one of them tho.

As someone else stated you can look up ingredients and proper dosing. Do research on the ingredients. I can look at most supplements ingredients list and tell if the product is good or bad. Again do not become reliant on them and use them sparingly.

I watch Whitney Simmons. She has a lot of workout videos, mainly focusing on her butt lol but I still like watching her and she uses pre-workout. I don't drink coffee and I hate taking pills as I stated to another poster, so those caffeine supplements are out the door for me unless they are very very tiny. I should've definitely done more research before I bought it but it's not like I have used it or don't still have my receipt. Hate when people bash.. give me a break, sorry I'm new at this (not sorry).
  • ItsAllMental819
    ItsAllMental819 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it... Do you! Everyone has their own opinion. Personally, I love me some pre workout - for those saying they're placebo I can't agree. Great focus, energy, and pumps :smiley:
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Best pre workout drink? Coffee...

Best pre workout energy enhancer? A good nights sleep...

Best weight loss supplement? A calorie deficit...
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I just make sure I've had my coffee and a super light breakfast or snack an hour or so before. I have found that getting protein in after the workout is better for me, a couple boiled eggs or 150 cal protein bar (because I prefer not to drink my cals) stops me going into crazy hunger after.
  • Rajions
    Options
    I just make sure I've had my coffee and a super light breakfast or snack an hour or so before. I have found that getting protein in after the workout is better for me, a couple boiled eggs or 150 cal protein bar (because I prefer not to drink my cals) stops me going into crazy hunger after.

What protein bar do you eat? I've been trying to find one that isn't high in sugar and calories.
  • Rajions
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »

I don't drink coffee. And I've been working on my CICO
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »

I don't drink coffee. And I've been working on my CICO

Good for you! It's easy to get overwhelmed with so much information out there, but keep it simple. No need for pre-workouts or protein bars or shakes, etc. If you WANT them, fine, but they aren't necessary. I don't use any of them.

Also, keep in mind that people on YouTube are sometimes paid to be seen using products so even if you like the person you're watching and trust what they are saying, be wary of any specific products they use and recommend.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options

What protein bar do you eat? I've been trying to find one that isn't high in sugar and calories.

Either the Luna cookies n' cream protein bar (170) or the Think Thin protein and fiber (150, not the 'high protein').
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I hate taking pills.

Notwithstanding that a pre-workouts is pointless where you are in your training, is the aversion to pills a physical reaction to consuming them?
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I just bought a pre-workout powder for when I start my new exercise routine tomorrow. Do you guys use it before your workouts?

Brand I Purchased: Six Star Pre-Workout Explosion

Claims:
    •Extreme Energy, Focus, & Intensity
    •Explosive Muscle Pumps
    •Fuels Muscle Growth & Performance

I've been using that exact brand for about two years and love it. It's cheap, works well, and can be found easily at my local stores. About every three months I'll stop using it for about two to three months because I get somewhat immune to its effects. When I start back up using it (just did last week again) I'll start with 1 scoop before my workout, and work my way back up to 2 scoops. I'll stay at 2 scoops five days a week for a couple more months. I won't speak to it's claims about muscle growth, but it does have 3g of creatine in it (per 2 scoops), and that's plenty for me. The Beta Alanine gives you that tingle after about 30 minutes which reminds me to get the hell up and get moving. I do notice I don't wear out as fast and it wakes me up in the morning for my workout better than coffee alone. When I do use it I generally stop drinking coffee or it ends up being too much caffeine for me. I also use it only in the mornings, any time after that in the day and it can cause insomnia (for me anyway).