Drinking....the Bain of my weight loss

Options
UGGGGHHHHHH

Replies

• cbmarble
    cbmarble Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love some craft beer (never really been a wine drinker), so I'd love some recommendations on some low(er) calorie beers. Can't make myself drink Mich Ultra.
  • ocrXfitter
    ocrXfitter Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It's not even the calories from the alcohol that cause me to go over; it's my not being able to tell myself no when it comes to wanting to eat, which is always. Then I wake up in the morning 4,000 calories over my daily limit. :(

That's my issue as well.
  • Libby283
    Libby283 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I am great about ordering a salad at 300-400 calories. It is the margaritas that they sit in front of me the moment I sit down at my favorite Mexican restaurant. Then they hand me a second when my glass is empty
  • Libby283
    Libby283 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I've become "the shot guy" because of this...

Can't do it. I drink because I like the taste. I do not drink for a buzz. So by golly I want to drink what tastes good. I am not into pounding down cough syrup.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I hear you!!
  • bigmanatee
    bigmanatee Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    plus one on titos...Although i currently have a keg of coors light in my kegerator.
  • cbmarble
    cbmarble Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Cough syrup lol titos vodka ain't cough syrup!

Tito's is delicious..just put that on ice and you're good!
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    bigmanatee wrote: »
    plus one on titos...Although i currently have a keg of coors light in my kegerator.

I like coors light with shots of titos!
  • jwcanfield
    jwcanfield Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Cough syrup lol titos vodka ain't cough syrup!

But kills your liver - not good
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    Good? It's great...
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I have tried this - 88 calories a drink:
    http://www.socialsparklingwine.com/

I really enjoyed the hibiscus cucumber with a few slices of cucumber in the drink. Best part is eating the cucumber after it has soaked up some of the alcohol!
  • kathakraz
    kathakraz Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    cbmarble wrote: »
    I love some craft beer (never really been a wine drinker), so I'd love some recommendations on some low(er) calorie beers. Can't make myself drink Mich Ultra.

I usually aim for beers with a lower abv, anything around 5% and under. I was drinking a lot of session IPA, Gose and Berliner Weisse during the spring/summer last year. I don't avoid higher alcohol beers, but I do drink fewer of them than I used to.

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've been horrible lately. Really horrible. Less about the drinking and more about the eating afterward.
  • V4kerker
    V4kerker Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I hear yah 2. Just added up my last weeks beer, wine and spirts total=+3000 calories:( That's almost a pound a week.