How much weight did you gain while pregnant?

Options

Replies

• FatPorkyChop
    FatPorkyChop Posts: 83 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    10 kilos, lost 7 after giving birth and took the 7 back while breastfeeding.... lost it all 8 months after I stopped (it wasn't easy though, it took a lot of training and organising to cook and eat better)
  • lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I gained 11 pound's last time.
    Planning a baby again.

Probably 80. I was over 200 pounds.
  • Jeniccm
    Jeniccm Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    #1 - twins. Gained 50lbs on my 5' frame by 34 weeks
    #2 - stopped weighing when I reached 50lbs

Lots of walking after, dropped back to 5lbs above prepregnancy after 1 year with my twins and it took about 2 years to lose it all after my second pregnancy

9 years later and I'm 10lbs below my pre kiddo weight
  • StarBrightStarBright
    StarBrightStarBright Posts: 97 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    50 pounds with my first, and I ate super healthfully the whole time. With the second I thought "well if I'm going to gain 50 pounds I may as well eat what I want." and then I gained 60 pounds with that pregnancy (I even tried to right myself about half way through but that damage had been done)- oops.

I had big babies - 9 and 10 pounds and 22 and 22.5 inches long. I also carried just like my mother and all my aunts who gained a ton of weight with pregnancy, had huge babies, and lost it pretty easily afterwards. I tried not to stress about it and attributed it to genetics.

Lost the weight easily after the first baby but still hanging on to about 10 pounds 2 years after the second was born.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I gained 45lbs. 5'6'' and started at a muscular 135. I tracked my calories and exercised all throughout my pregnancy and still gained more than the "recommended" and my baby was only 6.7

I lost 20lbs immediately and then got stuck until I stopped breastfeeding. Now I'm having to work at losing the rest.

Oh well, I love my baby so much and I feel fortunate to have gotten pregnant easily so I try not worry about not being one of those women who loses all their baby weight instantly.
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Well with my first I gained 50lbs but I was anorexic prior to the pregnancy.....number 2 I gained 30lbs....number 3 I gained 20lbs...in the process of losing it now. I did lose the weight though within 2-3yrs following first 2 pregnancies and I'm on course for the same turn around with the third one :)
  • Loodlelou
    Loodlelou Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I gained 32 lbs with my first child, and only 15 lbs with my second.. I was gestational diabetic with both, shots with second..had issues with second child, no exercising/walking allowed...however I was 40 at the birth of my second child and I am now finding it hard to lose those last few lbs. nursing has helped so much with dropping down to almost my pre-pregnancy weight...Now coming to a close with nursing baby is 10 months old still trying to get tummy toned..the number on the scale doesn't mean much to me it's how my clothes fit, my measurements, and how I feel is the most important.
  • wpg2mpls
    wpg2mpls Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    21 lbs with my little guy- born less than a month ago. It was ALL baby weight though, I'm already lower than my pre-pregnancy weight after 4 weeks. I ate healthfully throughout but I did have treats when I wanted them- I figured I had calories to spare since there were no weekend drinks anymore!.
  • nickiphillips1
    nickiphillips1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I gained 65 with my first - 10 the last week because I had toxemia.
    I gained 40 with my second, who has 5 weeks early.

I lost all but 10 within a few months though.

Gained 50 with menopause. :(

Have lost 30 of that so far.

Good luck. I ate a lot when I was pregnant the first time and couldn't eat as much the second.
  • ocrXfitter
    ocrXfitter Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I gained 25 lbs and was back to prepregnancy weight within six weeks.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Gained 20-25 with each of my children. Was able to get back to pre-pregnancy weight pretty quickly although it took about a year to tighten everything back up and gain some of my muscle back.
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Baby #1- 45 pounds
    Baby #2- 16 pounds ( started out over weight slightly, lost some in the first three months because being sick, then gained)
    Baby #3- 25 pounds
    Baby #4- 28 pounds
  • Goddess0921
    Goddess0921 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I gained about 65 pounds during my first pregnancy, but I had preeclampsia and swelled up like a balloon during my last month. My second pregnancy, I had just finished losing about 70 pounds when I got pregnant and then turned around and gained about 80 pounds while pregnant.

I didn't eat like a cow or anything during my pregnancies, I have no idea how I gained so much. I ended up at almost the exact same weight when I gave birth both times. It was absurd how big I was, even though I ate well and was fairly active.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    So far I'm at 13.5 lbs gained and have 9 weeks to go. Hoping to make it to 25 lbs.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    84 lol... I was always starving and craving junk lol ... he is almost 3... struggling with the last 20 lbs
  • Libby283
    Libby283 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Maybe I shouldn't be here, but .......

My wife gained very little during her pregnancies. Right after birth she was lighter than when she began each time.

This was me. I had my daughter on a wednesday. Saturday I was wearing size 2 jeans...
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Yikes, I gained 80lb
  • eissacf25
    eissacf25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I gained around 21 lbs for my first one (he was 11 lbs of that weight though haha)

I gained 11 lbs for my second one.
  • tiffanybrooks530
    tiffanybrooks530 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Gained 45lbs im 5'9, & topped 215 when I gave birth in March. Been off​ mfp for a year prior, now im down to 188 & my goal is 150lbs. If anyone is looking for friends and motivation feel free to add me :)
  • skdk833
    skdk833 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Gained 18 with my first and she was 5#15ounces. My thyroid went out of whack after the delivery and was only 98 pounds, 5'2". Second pregnancy I think I hit 25 pounds, he was 6#5ounces. My thyroid flipped the the other way and actually had put more weight on before leaving the hospital. He is 21 and I am still trying to find my way.