• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Can't go wrong with black.

yev9bhq0qrzw.jpg

• Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Congrats and I LOVE the dress!! Another vote for nude or gold!
  • cee134
    Options
    This may also help:

Analogous Colors: On the principle of wearing colors from the same family, analogous colors are in the groups of three, choose any hue and the color on its right and left together make analogous colors. It is a harmonious combination and is pretty simple to get right.

neufoind56bm.jpg

Complimentary colors
    : Any two colors lying diagonally opposite to each other in the color wheel are complimentary colors. These create high a very high contrast and if not done right, can make you look like you arrived out of a color book. But that should not be the reason to abandon mixing complimentary colors.

exitfmmbsu2b.jpg

• lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I like charcoal or silver with purple... or both, one for the shawl/sweater and one for the shoes.
  • cee134
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Can't go wrong with black.

yev9bhq0qrzw.jpg

Did you get Littlemissbgiff's permission before using her picture?? Wait... did you store them all????? ;)

You did, didn't you, cee??

They're all on her blog..... FYI.

523oj1o60dyp.jpg
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I like the yellow or gray ideas.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    So I have managed to drop a dress size for my sister in laws wedding ,went and bought a Karen Millen size (UK)12 to celebrate, came home with this purple number and now need help with what colours go! I need a jacket and shoes. Black feels too cold and I'm worried silver makes me look like a chocolate bar.

Any tips? Help me! :P

jcairmxs0hae.jpg

TIA!

Green jacket/sweater/shawl and gold or nude shoes maybe.
    https://beauty.onehowto.com/article/what-to-wear-with-a-purple-dress-2535.html
    http://www.missvictoryviolet.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/green.jpg?w=750
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    Black with style

29k8vp5um0sw.png
    7ru3rfqg0jvy.png

Or cream with flare

xafski8s6nne.png
    d06uxipmt19w.png
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    nude
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Black with style

29k8vp5um0sw.png
    7ru3rfqg0jvy.png

Or cream with flare

xafski8s6nne.png
    d06uxipmt19w.png

OMG I think we have a winner NICE find! Thankyou so much!!!! Fab prints.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Black with style

29k8vp5um0sw.png
    7ru3rfqg0jvy.png

Or cream with flare

xafski8s6nne.png
    d06uxipmt19w.png

I want! These are gorgeous
  • Anahita_Swims
    Anahita_Swims Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    Then sir you have taste they are my go to brand at the moment they are just bang on point recently

h
    Ted Baker is a highly sought-after lower-mid-range British luxury fashion line.

One of my go to for scarves and shoes for my wife.

I see them in NYC every day. They are primarily a men's fashion lime but they have made great inroads into women's fashion in the last 5 years.

They are not flashy like the Italian fashion houses but they are on point and very popular among the professional it girls.
    Ted Baker is a highly sought-after lower-mid-range British luxury fashion line.

One of my go to for scarves and shoes for my wife.

I see them in NYC every day. They are primarily a men's fashion lime but they have made great inroads into women's fashion in the last 5 years.

They are not flashy like the Italian fashion houses but they are on point and very popular among the professional it girls.

• YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I'd do nude or black shoes, maybe Louboutins. Red sole would look beautiful with your purple dress.
    But I dress very classic and don't enjoy mixing colors. In my opinion yellow, lavender and other colored shoes would make this dress look cheap.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    YaGigi wrote: »
    I'd do nude or black shoes, maybe Louboutins. Red sole would look beautiful with your purple dress.
    But I dress very classic and don't enjoy mixing colors. In my opinion yellow, lavender and other colored shoes would make this dress look cheap.

That's cool and you look fab in your profile photo, personally I didn't want to look too formal, it's a fairly informal spring wedding with people I love and they probably wouldn't care if I turned up in a potato sack, I don't think coloured shoes would make the dress look cheap though, just fun (if I can find the right ones and not look like I got dressed in the dark).

The purple is quite a cold colour (quite blue violet in the flesh) and I worry it is in danger of looking too wintery a palette or gothic (which is also cool if that's how you roll and can pull it off) paired with black, but I could be wrong hence my cry for help. :) x

Anyhow I'm going to hit Ted Baker and Kurt Geiger tonight with my dress armed with all the great suggestions (I'm afraid Louboutin might be a tad out of budget at least one that I can justify to myself, I'd rather have the new Nintendo switch and a bunch of games and a pair of Ted Bakers ;) lol)

I'll post photo's on here and then see if people think what I get works. :)