Hot HIIT

Options

Replies

• NYC_Yogi_79
    NYC_Yogi_79 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    lizbx1 wrote: »
    Ocrgrrrl wrote: »
    Exactly...if you can perform it for 60 minutes it's not true HIIT. Seriously...when I do HIIT I want to die and can only do it for 20 maybe 30 minutes.

It's a combo of toning and cardio. www.hothiit.com

toning is what happens when you lose fat over existing muscle hence you get a "toned" look. you cant tone muscle.and toning+cardio does not =HIIT.just because you havent experienced heat exhaustion doesnt mean it cant/wont happen.as for the original question no one can give you an exact answer because its going to vary by person.

not to mention exercising at heat that high for 60 min could lead to hyperthermia as well.which is why when its hotter than hades outside they tell people to limit their exposure to the heat and limit their activities. But hey if you want to risk it then that is your choice.

I know what toning means thanks. Please do your research before making false statements like "could lead to hypothermia". There have been many studies conducted and there is no harm to working out in a hot room.
  • NYC_Yogi_79
    Options
    Hello, can anyone tell me how many calories are burned doing Hot HIIT? I've need doing the high interval training for a few weeks now. 60 mins each session.

Thanks!

To answer your question, the same amount of calories doing regular HIIT. Being hot doesn't change your calorie burn.

I have done Hot Yoga (bikram?). That ish sucked. Figured that out in three sessions. Haven't been back. Love Vinyasa yoga though.

Thanks. It's not for everyone. I love Vinyasa yoga as well.
  • NYC_Yogi_79
    Options
    Exactly...if you can perform it for 60 minutes it's not true HIIT. Seriously...when I do HIIT I want to die and can only do it for 20 maybe 30 minutes.

toning is what happens when you lose fat over existing muscle hence you get a "toned" look. you cant tone muscle.and toning+cardio does not =HIIT.just because you havent experienced heat exhaustion doesnt mean it cant/wont happen.as for the original question no one can give you an exact answer because its going to vary by person.

not to mention exercising at heat that high for 60 min could lead to hyperthermia as well.which is why when its hotter than hades outside they tell people to limit their exposure to the heat and limit their activities. But hey if you want to risk it then that is your choice.

I know what toning means thanks. Please do your research before making false statements like "could lead to hypothermia". There have been many studies conducted and there is no harm to working out in a hot room.

She said hyperthermia, not hypothermia. If you're gonna accuse someone of false statements, probably ought to get your own statement correct.

I would like to see one of those studies. Can you provide a link?

On my phone. Simple typo. You can search for articles posted on Shape Magazine and Menshealth.
  • NYC_Yogi_79
    Options

She said hyperthermia, not hypothermia. If you're gonna accuse someone of false statements, probably ought to get your own statement correct.

On my phone. Simple typo. You can search for articles posted on Shape Magazine and Menshealth.

Those are not scientific studies. You made the claim, I didn't. I call baloney.

No one cares. Bye.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Those are not scientific studies. You made the claim, I didn't. I call baloney.

No one cares. Bye.

Later.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    Hello, can anyone tell me how many calories are burned doing Hot HIIT? I've need doing the high interval training for a few weeks now. 60 mins each session.

Thanks!

The same amount with normal temperature HIIT. Frankly, if you can do 60 minutes it is not HIIT, it is just Interval training.

This...
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

I have done research and hperthermia and hypothermia are two different things.you can overheat working out in a hot room and end up with hyperthermia,its the same as if you were to work out outside in 90-100 degree whether.what studies are you reading? do you have a link?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

I have done research and hperthermia and hypothermia are two different things.you can overheat working out in a hot room and end up with hyperthermia,its the same as if you were to work out outside in 90-100 degree whether.what studies are you reading? do you have a link?

Good luck. I think she rage-quit her own thread already.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

Good luck. I think she rage-quit her own thread already.

oh well
  • DrifterBear
    DrifterBear Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    sounds super dangerous and ineffective
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of Hot HIIT but it sounds very similar to classes that are very popular here. I've never thought of them as necessary a detox. Hot pilates, barefoot bootcamp, etc., usually pretty crowded. People just tend to modify if they are struggling just like in a normal temperature class. As for estimating calories I've always worn a monitor but the difference in calories was basically the same as non heated. Sometimes it just feels good to sweat, just my opinion.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    old_me wrote: »
    Let's be more positive here....This MFP is supposed to be encouraging and a learning platform. No need to attack someone for asking a question. If you have concerns with someone's workout, just state your advice and leave the negative opinion out of it. It's up to the person to take or not take the advice.

As for calories burned during your HIIT...Maybe get yourself a fitbit of something similar. Use it to track your heart rate to get a more accurate idea of the calories you personally burn during the workout.

Heart rate monitors are essentially useless for tracking calories for anything other than steady state cardio.

Courtesy of @Azdak:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I feel like its a cool idea to do conditioning training in a hot environment "done it plenty myself". However that being said when I do HIIT after about 30 minutes I'm gassed and sometimes even less. Do you guys workout at 90% maximum intensity the entire time? if so my hats off to you. Don't listen to neigh sayers about heated environment training, But if you like the extreme's in training cold weather training can be challenging as well, a new beast to concur so to speak.

But on to the original question, I dont think a man / woman alive could tell you how much you are burning there is just so much variables with maximum intensity training, plus the afterburn effect. Much different then using telemetry from steady state cardio with Heart Rate and distance / weight / time equations.
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    The body burns more calories staying warm than staying cool.

You'd be better off doing a Rocky and getting in a freezer room to do your HIIT..