Can't Consume Daily Calorie Intake At Work

Options
Rajions
Rajions Posts: 128 Member
I just started my new job at a gas station today and not realizing I had actually moved so much, I come home to my FitBit stats and see that I have burned over 3000 calories. I don't get proper breaks (5 breaks 5 mins at a time). I worked out before I left and ate before it was time for me to leave for work. 3-4 into my time being there, I had a grilled chicken slider. I know for sure I'm waayyyyy below my calorie intake for today. I'm afraid because I have to go back tomorrow and I won't get my calories. Help possibly??

I try not to eat too late like 9-10pm..

(Not sure whether to post here or "fitness & exercise")

Replies

• Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Frankly your fitbit may not be accurate, but that isn't your issue.
    As mentioned above calorie dense foods.
    Decide what's a reasonable food intake, macros/calorie wise, and eat that ,see how you go.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Eating late is fine.
    Taking smoothies incorporating protein and fat may be good for during the day if you literally don't have time to eat.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,520 Member
    Options
    Timing of eating doesn't really matter unless it may be before bed and it keeps you up at night or you have reflux.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Rajions
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Frankly your fitbit may not be accurate, but that isn't your issue.
    As mentioned above calorie dense foods.
    Decide what's a reasonable food intake, macros/calorie wise, and eat that ,see how you go.

I work at a gas station and I was moving around a lot. Prior to leaving for work I exercised for 30 mins. Normally when I workout I burn an average of 2300 calories for the day. I feel like 3000 is an accurate number.. 8 hours of non stop movement.. that's a lot of calories.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Which FitBit do you have
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    How long have you had your fit bit?

And have you set your stride length in it?

Mine was way out the first month. The default stride length was way off for me.
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    DONT fall victim to over estimating Fitness trackers, I dont even use estimated calories it "calculates" in my equation while I'm on my Cut. Be careful you might end up way over eating and gain weight, which would suck if thats not your goal lol.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Take high calorie snacks you can scoff in your breaks.
  • Rajions
    Options
    How long have you had your fit bit?

And have you set your stride length in it?

Mine was way out the first month. The default stride length was way off for me.

I've had it for a couple months. I didn't know I could set the stride length.
  • Rajions
    Options
    Which FitBit do you have

Its the charge 2
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    That thing's way off. To burn 3000 calories, most people would have to run for 3 hours straight. Think about that.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't trust that calorie burn at all
  • Kekekylene
    Kekekylene Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Are you meaning 3000 for the whole day or is it saying you burned an extra 3000 on top of your total day? If it is the total day then yes that can definately be accurate and as others suggested try your best to eat calorie dense foods so you get in a lot of calories at once. If it is saying 3000 plus your total day then something is wrong with the fitbit. :)
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Mine says 3000-4000 sometimes like when I walk for three to four hrs a day nonstop outside (often with a heavy backpack) and it's accurate for me. But what's your goal to lose or to maintain?
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Fitbit cals can be way off. Shuffling around work is counted about the same as a 3 hour hike in the woods. Good news is that a job on your feet certainly uses more calories than a desk job.

Just set mfp for an "active job" and add in some cals for extra workouts.

(I un-linked my Fitbit with MFP a long time ago.)
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I honestly wouldn't think too much about how many calories you're burning. Know how many calories you need eat in a day and eat that. That's the thing you can control the most. That's what has worked well for me.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    5min break - I'd make some baggies of food that are easily consumed - grilled chicken in 2-3oz servings, apple slices, carrots, pretzels, yoghurt - figure out what you need to consume during the day to hit your goals and then how to divide that up into your 5 servings for your breaks