Too much Weight Fluctuations

Options
Hi, i am on diet from last 45-50 days, doing workout 2 hours from last 28 days. my problem is i gained 1.6kg(3.5lbs) in just 3 days, but i didn't eat anything with high calories, i keep my calories intake under 1500 and in 3 days my calories intake was not more than 1400 each day, still my weighting scale showing i gained these much weight, what could be the problem, what should i do now??
sorry for my bad english.
plz help..

Replies

• Blitzia
    Blitzia Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It sounds like it's just water weight. Your weight is not static - it changes over time due to the amount of water your body is holding onto, food passing through your system, etc. You did not gain 3.5 pounds of fat in three days unless you ate almost 12000 calories. Some days your weight will be higher then normal, other days it will be lower. You just have to track it over a longer period of time, and the pattern should be an overall decrease in weight.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Normal weight loss

frxpjphli6ki.jpg
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I am fascinated by weight fluctuations and how what I do affects my body. At times I weigh a few times a day out of curiosity. Last night I weighed 49 kgs. This morning 46.9 kgs. I went for a 12 km walk and weighed myself again. 47.8 kgs. It is perfectly normal for weight to fluctuate from day to day and week to week, especially if you are a female. Just having a meal high in sodium can increase numbers because of fluid retention for a few days. Ovulation and TOM can do the same thing.
  • karm029
    karm029 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Normal weight loss

frxpjphli6ki.jpg

is his really normal ?
  • karm029
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    I am fascinated by weight fluctuations and how what I do affects my body. At times I weigh a few times a day out of curiosity. Last night I weighed 49 kgs. This morning 46.9 kgs. I went for a 12 km walk and weighed myself again. 47.8 kgs. It is perfectly normal for weight to fluctuate from day to day and week to week, especially if you are a female. Just having a meal high in sodium can increase numbers because of fluid retention for a few days. Ovulation and TOM can do the same thing.

i am male and my calories intake is 1200 max normally ..
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    karm029 wrote: »
    Normal weight loss

frxpjphli6ki.jpg

is his really normal ?

:laugh:
  • Lou_trition
    Lou_trition Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are not eating enough. If you are a male, 12-1500 cals may be far too low. Calculate your BMR and aim to eat (at least) that every single day. There are plenty of calculators online, or even use my fitness pals one.
    The normal weightloss chart looks very normal- I experience more extreme spikes and dips than that.
    Weight is only a number- you should focus on muscle gain and fat loss instead.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options

I am female and only 4'11 and eat more than 1200 calories a day. If that is all you are eating it is not enough and could easily be doing some long term harm to your body. I'd see a registered dietitian to give you come guidance on healthy weight loss.
  • karm029
    Options
    Sounds like you are not eating enough. If you are a male, 12-1500 cals may be far too low. Calculate your BMR and aim to eat (at least) that every single day. There are plenty of calculators online, or even use my fitness pals one.
    The normal weightloss chart looks very normal- I experience more extreme spikes and dips than that.

my BMI is 35+ so i have to do it.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options

No, you don't. Since you are larger, you can eat more and still lose weight. If you eat too little to sustain your deficit comfortably, you are more likely to give up. Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint.

Here's another example of normal variation while losing weight:

m1g5pkwcsr0o.jpg

I was at or under my calorie goal every day of that time span.
  • karm029
    Options

I am female and only 4'11 and eat more than 1200 calories a day. If that is all you are eating it is not enough and could easily be doing some long term harm to your body. I'd see a registered dietitian to give you come guidance on healthy weight loss.

i am 5'6 and i have to lose almost 38-40 kg in 7 months
    so i don't see any other way then eating low and burn more
    and yes some times i feel dizziness too,but may be it is because i don't have proper vitamin B12 in my body .
  • karm029
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »

No, you don't. Since you are larger, you can eat more and still lose weight. If you eat too little to sustain your deficit comfortably, you are more likely to give up. Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint.

m1g5pkwcsr0o.jpg

do you think i can lose 38-40 kg in 7 months ?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

You only have to if you are under doctors orders to be that low. They will monitor you to make sure you don't have lasting damage from such a low calorie diet. If you are not being monitored by a doctor--stop what you're doing and do some research to find out how much you should be eating to lose weight. Healthy weight loss is the key. Eating as much as you can and still lose weight is what you want to do. Buy a digital food scale and weigh and measure everything you eat and drink. Be consistant and you will lose just fine.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

and yes some times i feel dizziness too,but may be it is because i don't have proper vitamin B12 in my body .

why do you have to lose it in 7 months?
  • karm029
    Options

actually i am 26 now and i think its right time for marriage but i want to be fit before it..
  • karm029
    Options

You only have to if you are under doctors orders to be that low. They will monitor you to make sure you don't have lasting damage from such a low calorie diet. If you are not being monitored by a doctor--stop what you're doing and do some research to find out how much you should be eating to lose weight. Healthy weight loss is the key. Eating as much as you can and still lose weight is what you want to do. Buy a digital food scale and weigh and measure everything you eat and drink. Be consistant and you will lose just fine.

3ssb8gj85fc9.png
    this also tell me intake 1500 calories/day
    asa.PNG 29.4K
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

m1g5pkwcsr0o.jpg

Why the time limit? It took time to gain it so it makes sense that it will take time to lose it. Weight loss gets slower the smaller you get because you can't create as much of a calorie deficit without eating into your muscle mass. You need to consume enough calories to meet your nutritional requirements.

I've lost about 130 pounds in 26 months and I expect the last 12 pounds to take 6 months or more to lose.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

actually i am 26 now and i think its right time for marriage but i want to be fit before it..

OP--if you want to get married, you want to be healthy too---am I right? Your weight loss goals are way too aggressive. Tone it down a bit and lose safely. There are people that lose weight too fast and then have loose skin and don't like the way they look.
  • karm029
    Options

m1g5pkwcsr0o.jpg

Why the time limit? It took time to gain it so it makes sense that it will take time to lose it. Weight loss gets slower the smaller you get because you can't create as much of a calorie deficit without eating into your muscle mass.

I've lost about 130 pounds in 26 months and I expect the last 12 pounds to take 6 months or more to lose.

everyone is making fun of me
    now i am fed up with it..
  • karm029
    Options

OP--if you want to get married, you want to be healthy too---am I right? Your weight loss goals are way too aggressive. Tone it down a bit and lose safely. There are people that lose weight too fast and then have loose skin and don't like the way they look.

this site told me i have to intake 1500 calories/day
    so is it wrong ?
    because my job is on computer so i have to sit almost 13-14 hours daily.