• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    karm029 wrote: »
    seska422 wrote: »
    Sounds like you are not eating enough. If you are a male, 12-1500 cals may be far too low. Calculate your BMR and aim to eat (at least) that every single day. There are plenty of calculators online, or even use my fitness pals one.
    The normal weightloss chart looks very normal- I experience more extreme spikes and dips than that.
    Weight is only a number- you should focus on muscle gain and fat loss instead.

my BMI is 35+ so i have to do it.

No, you don't. Since you are larger, you can eat more and still lose weight. If you eat too little to sustain your deficit comfortably, you are more likely to give up. Weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint.

Here's another example of normal variation while losing weight:

m1g5pkwcsr0o.jpg

I was at or under my calorie goal every day of that time span.

do you think i can lose 38-40 kg in 7 months ?

Why the time limit? It took time to gain it so it makes sense that it will take time to lose it. Weight loss gets slower the smaller you get because you can't create as much of a calorie deficit without eating into your muscle mass.

I've lost about 130 pounds in 26 months and I expect the last 12 pounds to take 6 months or more to lose.

everyone is making fun of me
    now i am fed up with it..

No one is making fun of you. We are trying to help you and give you useful advice.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    No one is making fun of you. You asked for help and advice. You got it. Do what you will.
  • karm029
    karm029 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Guys i am talking about people near my house and local market
    not about you.
  • karm029
    Options
    No one is making fun of you. You asked for help and advice. You got it. Do what you will.

it was not for you guys.. i know no one will make fun here,that's why i came here to ask
  • snowflake954
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    I am fascinated by weight fluctuations and how what I do affects my body. At times I weigh a few times a day out of curiosity. Last night I weighed 49 kgs. This morning 46.9 kgs. I went for a 12 km walk and weighed myself again. 47.8 kgs. It is perfectly normal for weight to fluctuate from day to day and week to week, especially if you are a female. Just having a meal high in sodium can increase numbers because of fluid retention for a few days. Ovulation and TOM can do the same thing.

i am male and my calories intake is 1200 max normally ..

I am female and only 4'11 and eat more than 1200 calories a day. If that is all you are eating it is not enough and could easily be doing some long term harm to your body. I'd see a registered dietitian to give you come guidance on healthy weight loss.

i am 5'6 and i have to lose almost 38-40 kg in 7 months
    so i don't see any other way then eating low and burn more
    and yes some times i feel dizziness too,but may be it is because i don't have proper vitamin B12 in my body .

why do you have to lose it in 7 months?

actually i am 26 now and i think its right time for marriage but i want to be fit before it..

OP--if you want to get married, you want to be healthy too---am I right? Your weight loss goals are way too aggressive. Tone it down a bit and lose safely. There are people that lose weight too fast and then have loose skin and don't like the way they look.

this site told me i have to intake 1500 calories/day
    so is it wrong ?
    because my job is on computer so i have to sit almost 13-14 hours daily.

The site told you that because you probably told it you wanted to lose 2 or more lbs a week. 1500 cal a day is the minimum for a male because you need vitamins, fats, protein, etc. to have your body function properly. Going under 1500 you put yourself at risk. We just want you to be healthy--as well as thin.
  • snowflake954
    Options

it was not for you guys.. i know no one will make fun here,that's why i came here to ask

And you did the right thing. People that make fun are small thinkers. You don't worry about them. Just get started losing weight and do some lifting. When your muscles start to show, their eyes will pop out.
  • karm029
    Options
    I am fascinated by weight fluctuations and how what I do affects my body. At times I weigh a few times a day out of curiosity. Last night I weighed 49 kgs. This morning 46.9 kgs. I went for a 12 km walk and weighed myself again. 47.8 kgs. It is perfectly normal for weight to fluctuate from day to day and week to week, especially if you are a female. Just having a meal high in sodium can increase numbers because of fluid retention for a few days. Ovulation and TOM can do the same thing.

i am male and my calories intake is 1200 max normally ..

I am female and only 4'11 and eat more than 1200 calories a day. If that is all you are eating it is not enough and could easily be doing some long term harm to your body. I'd see a registered dietitian to give you come guidance on healthy weight loss.

i am 5'6 and i have to lose almost 38-40 kg in 7 months
    so i don't see any other way then eating low and burn more
    and yes some times i feel dizziness too,but may be it is because i don't have proper vitamin B12 in my body .

why do you have to lose it in 7 months?

actually i am 26 now and i think its right time for marriage but i want to be fit before it..

OP--if you want to get married, you want to be healthy too---am I right? Your weight loss goals are way too aggressive. Tone it down a bit and lose safely. There are people that lose weight too fast and then have loose skin and don't like the way they look.

this site told me i have to intake 1500 calories/day
    so is it wrong ?
    because my job is on computer so i have to sit almost 13-14 hours daily.

The site told you that because you probably told it you wanted to lose 2 or more lbs a week. 1500 cal a day is the minimum for a male because you need vitamins, fats, protein, etc. to have your body function properly. Going under 1500 you put yourself at risk. We just want you to be healthy--as well as thin.

yes i want to lose 1kg/week at least so i can shut some mouths.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Here's my suggestion:

Don't try to change too many things at once. You want to figure out a way of eating that will not only let you lose weight now but keep it off later.

Weight loss comes down to consuming fewer calories than your body uses.

Start by logging everything you consume, preferably before it goes into your mouth. Do that for a week or two so that you have some data. You can then go back through to see where you might eat smaller portions and/or choose different, but still satisfying, foods or drinks with fewer calories.

Don't get wrapped up in how fast you are losing and how today's weight compares to yesterday's weight. Any weight loss over time is progress. Look at the big picture.

Here's a chart that has some good advice:

cd0ilp6frb4p.jpg
  • karm029
    Options
    Here's my suggestion:

Don't try to change too many things at once. You want to figure out a way of eating that will not only let you lose weight now but keep it off later.

Weight loss comes down to consuming fewer calories than your body uses.

Start by logging everything you consume, preferably before it goes into your mouth. Do that for a week or two so that you have some data. You can then go back through to see where you might eat smaller portions and/or choose different, but still satisfying, foods or drinks with fewer calories.

Don't get wrapped up in how fast you are losing and how today's weight compares to yesterday's weight. Any weight loss over time is progress. Look at the big picture.

Here's a chart that has some good advice:

cd0ilp6frb4p.jpg

i'll buy that scale soon
  • snowflake954
    Options
    Look up a thread by Vismal--"From obese to 6 pack abs--ask me anything!" He will give you some great advice.
  • Lou_trition
    Lou_trition Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are not eating enough. If you are a male, 12-1500 cals may be far too low. Calculate your BMR and aim to eat (at least) that every single day. There are plenty of calculators online, or even use my fitness pals one.
    The normal weightloss chart looks very normal- I experience more extreme spikes and dips than that.
    Weight is only a number- you should focus on muscle gain and fat loss instead.

my BMI is 35+ so i have to do it.

I used to have a BMI of 48 so I know that feeling....
    Honestly your body will lose weight by eating more. Calculate your TDEE online and subtract 500-750 kcals from it... Thats what you should aim for each day.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Look up a thread by Vismal--"From obese to 6 pack abs--ask me anything!" He will give you some great advice.

Here's the link: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1276219/i-went-from-morbidly-obese-to-6-pack-abs-ask-me-anything
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    This is all good news. The sudden weight gain is water weight not fat gain. The water weight will come back off on its own.

You can eat a little bit more and still lose weight. As a side bonus, you will stop having dizzy spells.