Drinking....the Bain of my weight loss

Options

Replies

• Libby283
    Libby283 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    bigmanatee wrote: »
    plus one on titos...Although i currently have a keg of coors light in my kegerator.

I like coors light with shots of titos!

And right there you lost all credibility. Coors light...yuck. ;)
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    Libby283 wrote: »
    bigmanatee wrote: »
    plus one on titos...Although i currently have a keg of coors light in my kegerator.

I like coors light with shots of titos!

And right there you lost all credibility. Coors light...yuck. ;)

So my beer choices dictate credibility lol you just lost all credibility
  • Libby283
    Options
    I just had to stop drinking...the 4:00am post bar nachos and 6:00am post club corned beef hash breakfasts were killing me. I'll have 1 or 2 drinks at a party or happy hour but it's been 8 years since I've been drunk and I don't miss it even a little bit.

No one says to get drunk. Last year my doctor put me on a new allergy/asthma medicine without telling me that it did not play nice with alcohol. I proceeded to drink my normal two bottles of wine and found myself deathly ill. I would not wish that on my worst enemy. I do not even want a hint of a buzz when I drink.
  • Libby283
    Options
    If I am watching calories, I can go back to drinking miller lite. But still a six pack is roughly 600 calories. :(
  • eissacf25
    eissacf25 Posts: 151 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Titos is yummy - so is Hendricks gin if you're a gin drinker. My husband brought home this amazing rum from Panama - that in my diet coke is a nice alternative too.

I've severely reduced my intake - I usually have at least a beer or a glass of wine a night but I've decided to try and not drink at all during the week and limit myself on the weekends (or try and plan for the calories with both alcohol and food). Seems to be working ok so far - i definitely go a little crazy on girls night out though haha. I figure once in awhile isn't a big deal - at least I'm seeing some movement on the scale finally :neutral:

• Sandradapanda
    Sandradapanda Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The hunt for calories was the reason someone invented the "Skinny *kitten*", which is vodka, soda water and lime.
    Not sure it's worth drinking if you'll be drinking that though.
  • Libby283
    Options
    wiremog wrote: »
    I just had to stop drinking...the 4:00am post bar nachos and 6:00am post club corned beef hash breakfasts were killing me. I'll have 1 or 2 drinks at a party or happy hour but it's been 8 years since I've been drunk and I don't miss it even a little bit.

I've reached the conclusion, after years of denying the truth, that I'm going to have to do this too. Drinking is 100% the reason I've put all the weight back on that I lost 7 years ago. I work in a really boozy industry (PR) in Soho, London's booziest area, so it's gonna be tough!

Right there with you...the struggle is real. I can drink 1200-1800 calories a day or eat. I can't do both and maintain a small size.
  • joemac1988
    joemac1988 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    UGGGGHHHHHH

I used to just drink on the weekends but that would be like 6 shots of scotch x 3 days. I'm just over 2 weeks dry (I'm not quitting forever, just trying to quit effing up my cut progress) and it has mad a massive difference. I'm using an app called Habit Bull to track the days and have a friend I'm doing it with for support. Give it a shot! Alcohol will still be around when you decide you've earned a drink :)
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Libby283 wrote: »

No one says to get drunk. Last year my doctor put me on a new allergy/asthma medicine without telling me that it did not play nice with alcohol. I proceeded to drink my normal two bottles of wine and found myself deathly ill. I would not wish that on my worst enemy. I do not even want a hint of a buzz when I drink.

The other reason I stopped drinking is that I developed an allergy to the histamines in alcohol, and tannin gives me migraines. I'm limited to sake, cider, and high quality champagne, all in small doses. Last time I had happy hour champagne I went home with hives, a stuffy/runny nose, elevated heartbeat, and vomiting...from 2 glasses. Not fun. I've had the same reaction from wine, tequila and vodka. I'm not complaining though. It just makes it easier to maintain my weight and have productive weekends.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    wiremog wrote: »

I've reached the conclusion, after years of denying the truth, that I'm going to have to do this too. Drinking is 100% the reason I've put all the weight back on that I lost 7 years ago. I work in a really boozy industry (PR) in Soho, London's booziest area, so it's gonna be tough!

I work in fashion and the company I'm at LOVES happy hours...it's not so hard. Just get one drink and learn the art of nursing it for an hour, drink a water, then (maybe) have a second. I can drag 2 drinks out for at least 4 hours. Everyone else around you will be to drunk to notice or care :)

that is the truth! I've recently come to this conclusion myself the past 6 months, and totally do the bolded above now - it makes me feel so much better, i'm not longer embarrassing myself getting all boozy, waking up the next morning with little to no memory of the night before, food and booze hangover, etc. I'm much happier, and still having fun :smile:

Agree with the above about making the drink last! I sometimes get a super strong martini and sip it slooooowly. I can't do that with sugary drinks though because I can't make juice last that long. Wine and beer is tough because I geniunely love the taste.
  • geri1geraldinesuzanne
    geri1geraldinesuzanne Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    weekends are a must!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Yup. I love drinking too. When I am really trying to do something special I cut it down to once a week tops.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i don'tk now all the science behind it - but when I drink my RD has me log it as both carbs and fat - so you take the overall calories for the drink, subtract the carb calories and then the rest is fat - it has something to do with how your body metabolises alcohol - its made me much more aware when I can easily blow my daily fat allowance with a drink
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I've learned to like rum & diet coke. (I'm not willing to spend the calories on "cranberry juice" to go with my vodka. Actual cranberry juice (yum), yes...flavored apple juice with a bit of cranberry juice (blech), no).
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I drink heavily maybe twice per year. Mostly, probably because I do drink so sparingly, I'm really not good with hang-overs. Hangovers are not worth it to me. They put me out of commission for at least one or two days, severely dehydrate me, etc. I've found that these episodes lead to me not eating for an entire 24 hrs after due to being sick so that balances out the caloric surplus from the night before. On the upside, drinking sparingly means you become quite the cheap drunk. A couple drinks at the bar and you have a nice buzz :)