Hot HIIT

Options

Replies

• bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    lizbx1 wrote: »
    Did the op get to meet bikram?

Not yet. But I am interested in doing the teacher training so maybe one day.

I hear he's a real ladies man!
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • NYC_Yogi_79
    NYC_Yogi_79 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

I've spoken to some of his students now teachers. Everyone has nothing but positive things to say. But yeah I've heard.
  • NYC_Yogi_79
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »

If this is your only contribution please go somewhere else.
  • NYC_Yogi_79
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »

If this is your only contribution please go somewhere else.

Why would you even post this? You realize this is a public thread on a public forum, and everyone has a right to post within it, unless they are violating site rules?

I can post what I please. I don't want the negativity. It wasn't the purpose of the discussion. Have a wonderful day.
  • ValleyHooper
    ValleyHooper Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    any type of HOT exercise is NOT for me. I would pass out. I need a cool room thanks! I do enjoy HIIT workouts though.
  • NYC_Yogi_79
    Options
    GiddyupTim wrote: »
    People, the OP asked a simple question. In the spirit of community and courtesy, I think you should either answer the question to the best of your ability, or ignore the thread.
    You are wantonly criticizing what she likes to do. We could do that with any form of exercise (weightlifting doesn't get your heart rate up like running! Too much running makes it hard to maintain muscle!) and we all probably do some rather hokey stuff.
    If she likes to jump around in a hot room because the intense sweating feels good and cleansing, who am I to criticize? (And who are you?)
    Heck, I love a spin class. But all that pedaling? I get nowhere. I stay in exactly the same place. Now, isn't that rather silly?

Well said. Thank you.
  • NYC_Yogi_79
    Options
    People, the OP asked a simple question. In the spirit of community and courtesy, I think you should either answer the question to the best of your ability, or ignore the thread.

A lot of people have done exactly that. And they got attacked for it.

There's a world of difference between answering a simple question to the best of one's ability, and telling a person what they want to hear instead of telling them the truth.

This thread has been a disasterpiece theater. Sadly, it happens regularly in here.

We can agree to disagree. I'm open but very few provided any real insight. I get it, the hot room isn't for everyone. The thought alone seems to frighten many here
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You are wantonly criticizing what she likes to do. We could do that with any form of exercise (weightlifting doesn't get your heart rate up like running! Too much running makes it hard to maintain muscle!) and we all probably do some rather hokey stuff.
    If she likes to jump around in a hot room because the intense sweating feels good and cleansing, who am I to criticize? (And who are you?)
    Heck, I love a spin class. But all that pedaling? I get nowhere. I stay in exactly the same place. Now, isn't that rather silly?

Same here except I'm out due to knee issues right now...

It seems like a hot workout would be good for flexibility and for sweating (clear the pores) but is not going to burn extra calories. A cold room workout will probably burn more, but the question is how much more. It is honestly something that would need a true scientifically designed study done, and unless a major sport, or the USOC is going to pay for testing, it probably won't happen. The closest thing to a study is most likely the testing down around the ice vests that showed that users wearing one can slightly (only slightly) increase resting calorie burn due to having to warm up the body.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you the calories but the idea is that it boosts your heart rate so you continue to burn calories even after you finish exercising but how many extra would depends on your rhr et

Increased heart rate is a result of cardio exercise.. But it's the exercise that burns the calories, not just sitting there with an increased heart rate.

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    OP, "HOT HIT" is a class name, not an exercise. You need to know the exercises & weight & age of person to get the best calorie burn. Most numbers are overrated. You can use circuit training or calisthenics and cardio entries in the MFP database as an estimate. You could ask the instructor who knows exactly what exercises are being done and how the class is formatted. Then reduce either number by 50%. That's what I would do.