Eating very low fat

Options
2»

Replies

• TrutraG
    TrutraG Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    pennygm72 wrote: »
    ..., however it was a KFC that got me the first time, hardly ever eat the stuff but work was busy, it was snowing and their drive through was closest...food of the devil! I haven't eaten anything fried since then. I think it's very individual, I have friends who found tomatoes were a trigger for them, whilst for another it was a cup of tea.

You are the fourth person I have heard of where it was triggered by KFC! Including me and I have not touched the stuff since.

I found eating lots of very small meals helped. Can you ask to be referred to a dietician? I hope you get your surgery soon.

I am now 2 months post surgery and can honestly say that I have not felt better in years. I am eating normally (mostly cut out junk) and managing with gym etc. Just to warn you that the first few weeks I found everything went straight through me!
    Good luck
  • amenok
    amenok Posts: 116 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    When i used to have a gallbladder having anything beyond 20g was extremely painful. I sympathize for you greatly since i too had to wait a long time before it got infected and had to get it removed. Having small meals and other suggestions may work(didn't try coconut oil). I see you have a rough situation though since you don't have many options for you

If i had the foresight though, which is why i am speaking to you see if you can find any way for options to remove the stones without taking out the gallbladder. You should see what your doctor or get second advice- if they just suggest an easy fix to remove gallbladder(no cute mumbo jumbo stuff like drinking apple cider vinegar). I'd rather you see the options to break apart the stones, or some remedy instead of waiting for it to get infected to and have no choice but to remove it in the future(more than just keeping low fat like me)
  • pennygm72
    pennygm72 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I agree totally with the small meals, eating breakfast, lunch and dinner with regular healthy snacks in between, it's the only way I can keep my calories up too.
    In regards to other options other than surgery, I have multiple stones and I'm certain that with the current financial constraints surgery wouldn't be offered unless necessary,the NHS bases its offered treatments on evidence and cost,I have read quite extensively regarding gallstones unsurprisingly, and the options for stone removal/ destruction don't appear to have much evidence of success long term,with stones often reoccurring meaning further treatment is required = increased cost. I have also read both horror stories and good news following gallbladder removal. (Also read the apple cider vinegar cure, honestly is there nothing it can't fix!) To be honest I'm not frightened of the surgery and every treatment has side effects, however I am aware of the infection/ jaundice risk and so regularly check for signs and when the pain is unmanageable I call the paramedics to rule out anything more serious. So sorry to hear that for you amenok the delay led to infection and removal.
    Seems to be a very common issue, really hoping my lesson will continue for my children, they have both learned a huge amount about good diet over the past few months though they both have their fathers body and a pure muscle :) .
  • amenok
    amenok Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    @pennygm72 I applaud you for doing great levels of research, and educating your children. I see that you have done lots of preparation and thinking about the future, to which i applaud you. It is no problem, I appreciate you watching for signs of infection/jaundice so my fears are subsided for you.

I wish others can offer you anymore advice I could no add to it. Your children sound lucky to have the heads up and having such good genetics too.