Stay-at-home moms 1/26-2/1

Options
12346»

Replies

• Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Supermom-thanks for checkin in. I've been thinkin about you and hoping all is well. It sounds like you are doing well.

Farmgirl-I hope you heal quickly. good luck with the calorie control...thats why I exercise cuz I like to eat :wink:

Board is really quiet today. Hope everyone is okay...Marla, MM, Lori, abetterme....oh my brain isn't working I know there are a bunch more!!!
  • farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    Thanks! I can start again tuesday but I have to work back into it. 5min day one and then 10 min day 2 and so on. I usually workout everyday so I don't have to worry so much about calories. I am very careful what I eat but that way I don't feel like I am being restricted.

Have a wonderful day
    Heather
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    Hello Mommies,

I only have maybe a minute so I thought I would pop on real quick and let you know that things are going ok here. I will be better once I hear from the hospital about my results but until then I will just have to keep track of my calories and try and get my workouts in. Have a great night:flowerforyou:

Welcome to all the new mommies to the thread:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I'm here! There have been so many posts that I can't respond to all of them. Then I feel bad only responding to some. So then I just don't post at all. :laugh:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Good to hear from you that have posted since my last comment. I'm was worried, since I don't know where you all are from I was afraid that you maybe in the area where the ice storm hit hard. No power for many many people. So scary, I don't know what I would do...they are saying some wont get power for up to two weeks...in the winter??? YIKES We should all be praying for them!

Lori don't feel bad about not responding to everyone...we understand. That doesn't mean you can't stop in and tell us about you!!

abetterme-how long until you get your results?
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    pbbbbbtttt-- that's me giving raspberries-- crappy day.

:grumble:

Nite all--
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    HI everyone. I haven't been keeping up on postings... have been so busy. I'm doing a sleep program with baby Mack and it's SO HARD. It's called the 3 day sleep solution. He goes down pretty great the first time, but then you're not supposed to go in when/if he wakes up for a full hour. I can't do it. It breaks my heart to hear him cry. If you guys have any words of wisdom, please pass it along. I have a video monitor so I can see that he's fine. I just HATE hearing him cry!
  • tazzy
    tazzy Posts: 197
    Options
    Hi katiechakos I know how you feel we did a sleep program with my middle daughter she was a nightmare and her crib was in our room which made it worse we followed the program where day put them into bed and walk away then you set a timer for 5 mins and if they are still crying go in just settle them dont pick up and walk away then another 5 mins and so on until they settle can take a while first time. day 2 same process but it is 10 mins between trips to settle snd day 3 is 15 mins never more than 15 mins it took about 4 days and she sleeps great now. These are pretty little hurdles in the life of a baby all you are doing is teaching the skills to self sooth and I know it is hard their cries just break your heart stick with it and you will see results. Let us know how you get on with I am thinking of you I know first hand how difficult this is but I promise your little one will still love you and it will have a minimal effect on your relationship.

I used to turn the tv up or listen to my ipod.

Good luck
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    katiechakos - I don't have any sleep advice. (Sorry.) I just wanted to tell you I love the new av pic. Mack is getting so big. What a cutie!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My son got to go back to school Friday instead of Monday. After reviewing his suspension, they lifted one day off it so all the griping we did on Thursday worked.:bigsmile:

As for me, I got 45 minutes in on the treadmill and another 25 on the elliptical this morning. Got a shower and spent until about 4:30 this afternoon cleaning my house. My arms are a bit sore from lifting weights yesterday so I got to feel every little push and pull while cleaning. Its a good feeling to know I got the right muscles!!

I dropped another pound, so Im up to 7 pounds lost so far my first month. My first month ends on the 6th. I got a VERY nice suprise this morning also. I had purchased a pair of Nike walking shorts a month ago that were a bit snug- 1 size too small. Well.. Ive been naughty and hadnt done laundry in a few days so I went searching for something to wear to the gym. I found the shorts, put them on and ..not only were they not snug- I had to cinch up the drawstring to keep them on!! :drinker: :love:

Im ready to parrrrrrrrrrrrtayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!
  • SarainKS
    Options
    losingit4good - that's great about your son! Sometimes it takes a parent stepping in to make other people see what's really the right thing.

Off to do my pre game workout so I can have a few extra calories for all the food we're fixing. :wink:
  • abetterme
    Options
    Wow only 5 pages, there must of been a bunch of us not on much this week:laugh: Last week we had 11 pages.:noway: I know I haven't been on much this past week and I can tell I didn't do so great this week. I did get 2 miles in this morning and am feel great about that. Hope everyone has a great Super Bowl Sunday:flowerforyou:

{{HUGS}}:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My son got to go back to school Friday instead of Monday. After reviewing his suspension, they lifted one day off it so all the griping we did on Thursday worked.:bigsmile:

As for me, I got 45 minutes in on the treadmill and another 25 on the elliptical this morning. Got a shower and spent until about 4:30 this afternoon cleaning my house. My arms are a bit sore from lifting weights yesterday so I got to feel every little push and pull while cleaning. Its a good feeling to know I got the right muscles!!

I dropped another pound, so Im up to 7 pounds lost so far my first month. My first month ends on the 6th. I got a VERY nice suprise this morning also. I had purchased a pair of Nike walking shorts a month ago that were a bit snug- 1 size too small. Well.. Ive been naughty and hadnt done laundry in a few days so I went searching for something to wear to the gym. I found the shorts, put them on and ..not only were they not snug- I had to cinch up the drawstring to keep them on!! :drinker: :love:

Im ready to parrrrrrrrrrrrtayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

good for you-- squeaky wheel, and all that jazz. Stay in their faces. It's amazing what the schools will do and/or try to get away with/teach/shove down the kids throats if we're not diligent.

Good for you-- A+ parenting award to you and hubby-- :flowerforyou:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    New Week. New Thread! (yes I wanna be Sara when I grow up....WAIT I don't wanna grow up!!!!)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/38962-stay-at-home-moms-2-2-2-8