Fast food

Options

Replies

• Bran_mob08
    Bran_mob08 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Could I ask what sort of workout you're doing to be burning 500-1000 calories a day? 1000 calories would be in the range of a 10 mile run for someone around 180 pounds.

I do an hour of boxing 3 times a week.
    An hour of orange theory 4-5 times a week
    And yoga.

I don't track my yoga calories burned
    My heart rate monitor says I burn usually 500-600 in orange theory
    400-500 in boxing.

I sometimes do boxing and orange theory back to back which is in I get those high 1000 calories day burns
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Great thoughts by @arrghmatey1. Start eating like an adult which would mean fast food is an occasional item, not a regular thing.
  • jtomaszewski81
    jtomaszewski81 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I LIVE on fast food. So when I started trying to lose weight, I changed what I ate. Not where I ate at.

No more condiments, fried sides, or breads. Typically sonic for breakfast (side of eggs and splurge on a piece of bacon), lunch is subway or Panera salad or Panda Express veggies and beef n broccoli. Dinner may be Wendy's taco salad, workout the chips or salsa.

Snacks are one serving of mixed nuts and a string cheese. Desserts are sugar free jello with whipped topping.

I've lost 20 lbs in about 60 days. It's my own spin on south beach..low(er) carb, healthier eating, lower calories, and greatly reduced sugar. Good luck!
  • Bran_mob08
    Options
    Great thoughts by @arrghmatey1. Start eating like an adult which would mean fast food is an occasional item, not a regular thing.

That's my goal. Just slowly trying to do it one thing at a time or I know I'll give up.

I again start to question though why it matters what kind of calories I put into my body. If I were eating crap meals like burgers and fries then I would understand where my issue was.

I've maintained my weight for 3 years now and added exercise a month ago so I thought the weight would come off by adding exercise and making some better fast food choices.
  • Bran_mob08
    Options
    I LIVE on fast food. So when I started trying to lose weight, I changed what I ate. Not where I ate at.

No more condiments, fried sides, or breads. Typically sonic for breakfast (side of eggs and splurge on a piece of bacon), lunch is subway or Panera salad or Panda Express veggies and beef n broccoli. Dinner may be Wendy's taco salad, workout the chips or salsa.

Snacks are one serving of mixed nuts and a string cheese. Desserts are sugar free jello with whipped topping.

I've lost 20 lbs in about 60 days. It's my own spin on south beach..low(er) carb, healthier eating, lower calories, and greatly reduced sugar. Good luck!

Okay good so you're like me when it comes to fast food LOL.

The only condiments that I get are oil from subway and maybe a chick fil a sauce but I track it.

Maybe I'm just not giving this enough time.

Did you see a loss your first week? I have to stop weighing everyday. My weigh in is Monday and I just don't see myself losing between now and then.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    it's not been one week. I haven't missed a log in 43 straight weeks and that's not even close to other folks around here . Yes.. More time. I'm down 80 ibs by the way. It works. trust me
  • Bran_mob08
    Options
    jdog022 wrote: »
    it's not been one week. I haven't missed a log in 43 straight weeks and that's not even close to other folks around here . Yes.. More time. I'm down 80 ibs by the way. It works. trust me

That's amazing. I have 50 to lose. Again here I am 5 days into consistent tracking and griping.

I'll post again after 2 weeks if I haven't lost and have y'all look at my diary. My goal is to track this weekends food.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I have weighed my last 3 small French fries from five guys and they aren't even 80 grams within each other. that's hundreds of lovely deep fried caloric discrepancies

I wouldn't actually consider Five Guys fast food. McDonalds, Burger King, Arby's, Wendy's, Taco Bell those are fast food, cheap and quick. Five Guys is far from fast, and is pretty spendy.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Semantics. It still makes a point because they list their calories and there is no way theyre accurate. Some of the more global chains may be slighlty more accurate due to more controlled and consistent prep but not accurate enough at 20x a week to wonder why no weight is coming off.
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You can definitely loose eating all fast food based off the choices you make. The food is loaded with sodium perhaps that or the newer exercise routine is making you retain water? I use to work FF and so I know not everyone measures the amount of toppings put on a sandwich and depending on where you go salt is added to the patty while on the grill. I actually go through drive thru should I choose to have FF for a Mel and hubby laughs at me as I weigh my portions but hey I was over 300lbs when I started this journey and I AM NOT ever going back to that!

Sorry I went off on a rant. Yes you can loose on FF maybe become more consistent on your logging. You can do it!
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Like everyone is saying, give it some good time. Up the water to balance out the higher sodium in FF. Don't over think it. As an off topic observation, I'd probably go broke doing nothing but fast food. I remember I used to enjoy it. Now that I don't do it as much I feel sick after the occasional splurge. Still, I won't shun your food choices. I'd encourage you to venture out and try simple things to do at home from time to time just so you can learn how to enjoy creating something from time to time (and it's easy to track what's going in that way). Good luck!
  • Bran_mob08
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I really appreciate all of your advice and input. I'll check back in in a week or so and see if I've made any progress and go from there. For now, I'm going to making sure to log this weekend!
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Bran_mob08 wrote: »
    Could I ask what sort of workout you're doing to be burning 500-1000 calories a day? 1000 calories would be in the range of a 10 mile run for someone around 180 pounds.

I do an hour of boxing 3 times a week.
    An hour of orange theory 4-5 times a week
    And yoga.

I don't track my yoga calories burned
    My heart rate monitor says I burn usually 500-600 in orange theory
    400-500 in boxing.

I sometimes do boxing and orange theory back to back which is in I get those high 1000 calories day burns

Thanks, that would be a reasonable ballpark. Often people overestimate workout calories.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You said you're horrible at logging week ends. That's probably your problem.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Semantics. It still makes a point because they list their calories and there is no way theyre accurate. Some of the more global chains may be slighlty more accurate due to more controlled and consistent prep but not accurate enough at 20x a week to wonder why no weight is coming off.

They are at least as accurate as the nutritional information which can vary about 20% from what is listed even if you weigh things. That is true even for raw ingredients. For example, the calories for a Tomato will vary depending on the growing environment, the time of year, and other factors. The numbers are averaged out to give a number that will be representative that is close to what most Tomatoes will be at, but it is not exact. Nor do I think it is mere semantics, Five Guys, and other gourmet burger places are not running on a small margin, but are selling based on other factors which will allow for greater variation than global chains. As stated earlier by myself, and by others, there have been a number of people who ate nothing but fast food for 30 day counting calories and have lost weight and improved health markers. The issue with the OP likely has more to do with the admitted lack of consistency on weekends than it does that primarily fast food is being eaten.
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Bran_mob08 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. I really appreciate all of your advice and input. I'll check back in in a week or so and see if I've made any progress and go from there. For now, I'm going to making sure to log this weekend!

Good for you. Consistent logging is really important. It is very easy of eat through all the calories you have built up as a deficit through the week over the weekend especially if you start Friday evening an don't get back to logging again until Monday. You can do this. Start focusing on consistent logging for the whole week, and yes, do so even if you eat more than your calorie goal as those numbers will potentially help you see if you are destroying your deficit over the weekend.
  • lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Cut out the fast food. Buy a food scale and make ur food at home logging in ur own recipes. This is the only way.