Evening walk and terrible people

Options

Replies

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Ah, Jesus. People are such *kitten*. But you? You're an effing badass for letting that hate roll off you like water off a duck's back and getting back out there. When I take my *own* evening walk tonight, you're going to be on my mind. SISTERS! B)
  • Miz_T
    Miz_T Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Honey, put your earbuds in and play your favorite tunes as you walk. Tune out negativity, you're doing this for YOU, not THEM.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I have a few friends who feel the same way you do!, You should be very proud of yourself for getting out there and doing it!, the weight does not come off itself! I do much of my workouts in the dark at 4am, no one can yell at me., who cares what ANYONE else thinks,,, you are doing this for me!, I would have blew them a kiss or MOONED them. you get out there and keep up the good work! I am proud of you! SO GO!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    yeah i use to get the rude stuff all the time...some people need a real hard smack up side the head...don't let the jerks stop you from walking
  • RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Please don't let this stop you from walking and exercising, Some people are just plain mean, from someone who was agoraphobic since 2012, I've just started venturing out my house, walking etc and I've been called fat by random strangers but you know what, they are not worth it, we are out there enjoying a lovely walk, getting fresh air and exercise trying to improve ourselves, people like that are not worth your time, continue what your doing, you'll find its worth it when you lose weight and feel healthier :smile: I hope that all made sense, take care :smile:
  • duckquacky
    duckquacky Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Like someone else already said, this says more about them than it does about you! I believe in karma, that will come back to them somehow. Don't let one person's stupidity deter you! (I think this is only my second post, I couldn't just read and not say anything. Best wishes to you!)
  • JoshLikesBeer
    JoshLikesBeer Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    As I am walking, someone leans out there window and yells, "Look at you fat girl".

A good reply might be, "Why do you think I'm walking, dummy? I'm going to lose this weight but you'll still be an idiot."
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Call me Mr Brightside, but is it possible that they were trying to be encouraging in a "you go girl" manner.

tone is everything, obviously, but there's nothing necessarily hateful about the comment inherently.
  • Leenizi129
    Leenizi129 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You have the power to make the fools out there feel really bad about being stupid. That is the fun part! don't you feel bad, they should and remember the fun part is reminding them of it nicely. They shrink before their own eyes.
  • luciemarieleduc
    luciemarieleduc Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I don't get those people either, same as when you are chubby and go to they Gym, looking at you like what are you doing here.. WHAT DO YO THINK I AM DOING HERE YOU MORRON!!!!!!!!! I am SO GLAD for you that you kept walking!~

good for you ! you must have felt good just keep on going . we can lose the pounds, but they will remain cold hearted mean person no matter what, keep on going! :)
  • tamarbatavraham
    tamarbatavraham Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fat shaming in general is an A-Hole move, but shaming people who are obviously out trying to do something to become more fit (which is theoretically moving towards a goal that fat shamers would approve of) is doubly baffling to me.

You keep doing what makes you feel better and F those people. They're just jerks, jealous because they know they don't have the self improvement motivation you do.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Remember! You look better walking than you do on the couch!
    Some people are just *kitten*, but you know what, you won when you decided to keep walking!
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Rock on to you for walking still! Kick but lady! If you let a holes talk you down because they don't know you and they don't care and deep down something fundamentally wrong is going on. No justification, just a fact. But you kept going and that's amazing! You're going places! To quote Rihanna, don't let the *kitten* get you down!
  • zigzag423
    zigzag423 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You know what *crew* them! Girl hold your head up high put your headphones on and conquer the world one step at a time. Ignore them completely. They don't exsist! I'm proud of you and you CAN do it. You stay strong and day after day find courage in music in beauty whatever it may be and in yourself. Don't let anyone disrespect you and change your goals. You got this!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    Don't mind the idiots
    Don't let them spoil your plans
    Good luck
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I am sorry they did that to you. They sound immature, ugly, and are cowards.
  • sarahsweightlossjourney
    Options
    Im so sorry that happened! Disgusting people. I wish people would just mind there own business. Ive had things like this happen to me a few times before i lost weight. But turns out doesnt matter what size you are people will find something to be mean about. I just say whatever and move on. Be proud of yourself! They obviously have nothing good in there life so they have to try and bring other people down too.
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    For the world is dark and full of *kitten*.

I don't get the drive to be actively, deliberately malicious to other people. I get slips and accidents and people not fully comprehending how offensive they are being (as maddening as it may be), but active assholery... it's truly disappointing.

"Hell is other people." It's true.

Steady on, friend. Don't let some idiot stop you from attaining your goals or just living your life the way you choose to.

Exactly

There are alot of a**holes masquerading as real people out there. Be deaf to them girl

I used to be a really sensitive self conscious person... then I got breast cancer and lost my boobs, my hair and my eyebrows.. . Oh and I got really fat as well.. . People looked at me through wowza eyeballs all the time. I learnt to smile and wave. People like that have more wrong with them than you ever will.

Moral of the story? Ignore them and keep walking girlie xxx