What are the worst things you have done to try and lose weig

Options
vim_n_vigor
vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
I took no doze and a pot of coffee every morning to boost my metabolism. Surprised I lived through it.

Replies

• Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    What is no doze?
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    In my early twenties I took yellow jackets....ephedrine. Lost weight, yeah, but NOT a good way of doing so.
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    multiple vitamin supplements that probably just ripped up my stomach for a few months.
  • sarahlasvegas
    sarahlasvegas Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Cambridge Diet for 8 weeks. Survived on 3 shakes and 100g or so of chicken a day for 7 weeks. Lost 2stone and fit in to my wedding dress...so as awful as it was it was worth it - NEVER again though.

Took ephidrine (lots!) and lost a fair but - also had heart palpitations!

Seriously too many stupid stupid things to mention! So glad to be doing it slowly and safely now!
  • vim_n_vigor
    Options
    What is no doze?
    A long time ago they sold it at gas stations and truck stops for drivers that had to stay awake for a long time. I don't remember what was in it, but it was bad stuff. I could not stop shaking.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    ate < or = to 800cal the whole week after an intense face surgery, so i wouldn't gain being sedentary. .....lost 6lb.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    What is no doze?
    A long time ago they sold it at gas stations and truck stops for drivers that had to stay awake for a long time. I don't remember what was in it, but it was bad stuff. I could not stop shaking.

It's just a high dose of caffeine (200mg), and a few inactive ingredients
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    stopped eating
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I dont think iv actually had anything bad.
    Iv had alot of ideas, but never put any of them into place..
    I think the worse thing i did was proberlly wrapping myself in cling film, so that when i exercised i sweated more....
    But i only did it once it was a bit un-comfy.
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Cambridge Diet for 8 weeks. Survived on 3 shakes and 100g or so of chicken a day for 7 weeks. Lost 2stone and fit in to my wedding dress...so as awful as it was it was worth it - NEVER again though.

Took ephidrine (lots!) and lost a fair but - also had heart palpitations!

Seriously too many stupid stupid things to mention! So glad to be doing it slowly and safely now!

I did Cambridge no food though just the shakes, had to stop as my depression kicked back in and put all the weight back on plus an extra stone.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have done literally every bad thing in the book, and the depressing thing is, I've never even been overweight, but I was anorexic as a teenager, and really did every cliche going.
  • vim_n_vigor
    Options
    What is no doze?

It's just a high dose of caffeine (200mg), and a few inactive ingredients
    I think back when I did it, it had ephedra in or
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    In my early twenties I took yellow jackets....ephedrine. Lost weight, yeah, but NOT a good way of doing so.

Not even gonna get started on my yellow jacket days. haha
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    nothing,I only gained weight about 4 years ago before that I never had issues with my weight.So when I was ready to lose it about a year ago I started going to the gym and watching what I ate
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Used some horrid tasting herbal supplements that I bought at the mall. I'm not sure if they had ephedra in them or if it was some herbal cocktail that had the same effect. I lost about 20 pounds but it made my heart race and I am pretty sure it jacked up my stomach for life as I now have heartburn daily.
  • labrat26
    labrat26 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    cabbage soup diet....you just eat cabbage soup daily, with a few other treats like veggies and certain fruits.....(still don't like cabbage sou:P!) and it was just a quick loss that came back on even more quickly! Life style change is the way to go.....
  • Waynes_World
    Waynes_World Posts: 333
    Options
    nothing,I only gained weight about 4 years ago before that I never had issues with my weight.So when I was ready to lose it about a year ago I started going to the gym and watching what I ate

You have done an amazing job ;}
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

You have done an amazing job ;}

Well to be honest I spent about 2 years hopeing it would magically go away on its own :laugh: but ive never taken pills or done any kind of diet
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have ALWAYS had a weight problem even since childhood and I have probably done every stupid and bad diet in the world....including yellow jackets by prescription, herbal concoctions, and a round of bulimia as a teenager. Every time I just gained back more than I had lost. Now with severe health problems and a nutritionist I am doing it the right way.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Became vegetarian. It was traumatic. I am definitely an omnivore...