Keto friends!

Options
Hi there! I've been using MFP on and off for years but am a week and a half into my keto diet. I've lost 6 pounds so far, have more energy and am genuinely excited for this new lifestyle. I'm hoping to add more friends who are doing keto. Any others out there looking for community?

GW: 145
CW: 179
SW: 185

Replies

93873528 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been doing low carb for 3 weeks now and am 14 pounds down. I keep net carbs around 20-25 grams a day.

Feel free to add me.
  • mashleytate
    mashleytate Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    MG9387 wrote: »
    I've been doing low carb for 3 weeks now and am 14 pounds down. I keep net carbs around 20-25 grams a day.

Feel free to add me.

Added :)
  • anjajacobs10
    anjajacobs10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to start keto as well. Feel free to add me also!
  • krystaloon
    krystaloon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Starting keto today. Feel free to add me!
  • sunigetsfit
    sunigetsfit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm also starting keto. It may be end up being Paleo but I'm giving it a shot. Any advice and tips would be awesome! I'm excited to get going feel free to add me!
  • rimi_naushad
    rimi_naushad Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi all ... Gonna start keto from tomorrow ... quickquestion , how many carbs per day for a moderate low carb diet? 25-30 right?
  • mashleytate
    Options
    Hi all ... Gonna start keto from tomorrow ... quickquestion , how many carbs per day for a moderate low carb diet? 25-30 right?

Hi there! I've been doing between 20-30g of carbs a day which seems to be working. I would say right around 25g is the sweet spot for me.
  • mashleytate
    Options
    I'm just about to start keto as well. Feel free to add me also!

Added :)
  • mac_cat
    mac_cat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • rastogr
    rastogr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I'm officially 2 weeks in today :)
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I am just starting Keto too. I'm not sure if I'll stay with it long term or not, it will depend on how I feel. I tried it once before but I think I gave up before I got out of the crappy stage and into the feeling awesome stage I keep reading about. I feel a little more informed about what to expect this time so I'm committed to it for a couple of months and I'll see where I go from there. If I don't stay Keto I will definitely remain lower carb (between 50-75 is where I've felt my best historically). I just want to give Keto an honest try and see how it feels to be fat adapted. I have plenty to burn, lol.

• LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Options
    1 week into my keto diet and officially lost the weight gained over easter today. Anyone feel free to add me and look at my diary. I'm feeling very motivated today!

SW: 256
    CW: 248.8
    GW: 140ish
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Try the Low Carber Daily MFP group. It is where most keto'ers hang out. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • rastogr
    rastogr Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I am just starting Keto too. I'm not sure if I'll stay with it long term or not, it will depend on how I feel. I tried it once before but I think I gave up before I got out of the crappy stage and into the feeling awesome stage I keep reading about. I feel a little more informed about what to expect this time so I'm committed to it for a couple of months and I'll see where I go from there. If I don't stay Keto I will definitely remain lower carb (between 50-75 is where I've felt my best historically). I just want to give Keto an honest try and see how it feels to be fat adapted. I have plenty to burn, lol.

For what it's worth, I've read that the "keto flu" is caused by a lack of potassium, sodium, and magnesium in your diet. Make sure you're eating lots of green, leafy vegetables and healthy fats like almonds and avocados! I've been in and out of ketosis a few times but have yet to experience the keto flu because I make sure to eat plenty of salts.
  • dorcasgaylin
    dorcasgaylin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've just started doing keto yesterday and would love some friends too !! Can I add you? Xxx