slimquick users!

I am considering trying slimquick. Yes, I already know its not something that alone will help me lose weight or to be done long term but I plan to keep to my low calorie diet and working out daily. I get very tired at work and have craving to overeat around lunch time. I am looking to try to use slimquick for a while to help me get over the bump in the middle of the day, give me some energy, and help calm the cravings. Does anyone currently use slimquick and have success or good tips for how you use it personally?

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    I've had success with something similar in the past... which is why I'm here to lose the weight yet again. I tend not to do too well with liquid diets and end up binging as a result of the restriction.
    I am considering trying slimquick. Yes, I already know its not something that alone will help me lose weight or to be done long term but I plan to keep to my low calorie diet and working out daily. I get very tired at work and have craving to overeat around lunch time. I am looking to try to use slimquick for a while to help me get over the bump in the middle of the day, give me some energy, and help calm the cravings. Does anyone currently use slimquick and have success or good tips for how you use it personally?

A few questions as to the bolded:

1. how low is low calorie?
    2. how much do you work out and do you account for that in your calorie allowance.
    3. how long have you been feeling low energy? (low energy can be an effect of not eating enough to fuel your activity. Long term, this can cause serious health problems.)
  • angelawrence11
    angelawrence11 Posts: 19 Member
    Little different, but similar: I use slim fast, but not as the basis for my diet. Like, maybe I sub lunch with a slim fast shake when I'm on the go or whatever, but I don't do both meals a day.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Have you looked at their ingredient list? Why not just buy caffeine pills
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Not used it before but wish you good luck
  • missmagnoliablossom
    missmagnoliablossom Posts: 240 Member
    Theo166 wrote: »
    Have you looked at their ingredient list? Why not just buy caffeine pills

Yes. What an absolute list of junk in the "other ingredients." To break it down:

Microcrystalline cellulose (WOOD PULP), dicalcium phosphate dihydrate (CALCIUM), croscarmellose sodium (INTESTINAL DISINTEGRATOR), stearic acid (SATURATED FATTY ACID), magnesium stearate (FATTY ACID SALT), silica (ANTI-CAKING SUBSTANCE, OFTEN FOUND AS QUARTZ)... and so on and so on.

Maintain a calorie deficit and save your money.
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    I drink a SlimFast as part of breakfast and sometimes a snack. 20g of protein and 5g fiber for 190 calories is pretty good, and it can help with cravings. You can do the same thing with a protein bar if you don't like drinks, or some other protein powder. As long as you log it and don't expect it to be a magic cure, I don't see why you shouldn't try it.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    The ingredients look pretty awful. A bunch of things not proven but often touted to "burn fat", caffeine, and dandelion which IIRC is a diuretic which will cause water weight losses and give the appearance that the drink is "working". I would say this is pretty much similar to most energy drinks in that the energy all comes from the caffeine and everything else is just along for the ride. All that being said, coffee is a lot cheaper!
  • RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    edited April 2017
    I use a cheaper alternative called inshape they are £3.95 from morrisons (UK) but does the same thing, I started by only having one for lunch but now sometimes have one for breakfast also, they are great, they help me stay fuller for longer, curb that sweet tooth, gives me more calories to play around with for dinner and possibly a snack and not to mention all the vitamins and minerals in it, I think as long as you make sure you eat enough calories and don't go too under or over they are brilliant, the strawberry one is my fave :smile:

Edit: Sorry I just looked up Quickslim I thought it was an alternative to slimfast (meal supplement shake) this seems to be a little bit more than just a meal supplement shake....
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    I've found that I'm hungry about an hour later if I drink those types of things. They just never keep me satiated. I've had better luck eating a small snack that fills me up. Eating small snacks throughout the day keeps me satisfied and I'm still hitting my calorie goals.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Why not just bring a snack like cheese or nuts or protein bar?
  • sarahbrumberg
    sarahbrumberg Posts: 5 Member
    I am looking into the pills to try.
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    I've had success with something similar in the past... which is why I'm here to lose the weight yet again. I tend not to do too well with liquid diets and end up binging as a result of the restriction.

2. how much do you work out and do you account for that in your calorie allowance.
    3. how long have you been feeling low energy? (low energy can be an effect of not eating enough to fuel your activity. Long term, this can cause serious health problems.)

My calorie goal is 1300, I do the piyo dvds so i workout between 30-40 mins per day. I have been feeling tired for a long time but it's worse with the dieting that I started. I do try to do a snack around 2pm but it doesn't help. I am not looking to do the drinks, just the pill to help get me through from lunch to dinner. I am fine later in the day.
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    I am looking into the pills to try.
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

My calorie goal is 1300, I do the piyo dvds so i workout between 30-40 mins per day. I have been feeling tired for a long time but it's worse with the dieting that I started. I do try to do a snack around 2pm but it doesn't help. I am not looking to do the drinks, just the pill to help get me through from lunch to dinner. I am fine later in the day.

Why don't you eat more food, 1300cal seems really low..... what is your weight loss goal, current weight and goal weight?
  • sarahbrumberg
    sarahbrumberg Posts: 5 Member
    [/quote]

Why don't you eat more food, 1300cal seems really low..... what is your weight loss goal, current weight and goal weight?[/quote]

I am currently at 150 lbs and I am trying to get back to 130 lbs before I had my baby last year. Every calorie calculator I tried showed for me to lose 1 lb a week, I need to eat around 1200 calories.
  • jilleebee77
    jilleebee77 Posts: 329 Member
    By NO MEANS am I an expert or should be taken as one, but you should check out "reverse dieting". If you are too low too long you can reverse the effects of what "low calorie" can actually do for you. There are many people out there (I had done it in the past) that do it. I was 180lb 5'2" and was eating over 1800 cal a day and still losing weight while working my way up higher even. I probably could have gone higher as well. (since then I gave up on myself through some tough times I had been having.) It helps your body to recognize that it will no longer be "starving" for fuel and will begin burning again.

This being said it was whole foods, 50% protein, 30% carb, 20% fat give or take. It was amazing. I am working my way in getting back to that. I HATE starving!! Also if you are working out intensely you will want more calories to fuel your body for energy anyway.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

Why don't you eat more food, 1300cal seems really low..... what is your weight loss goal, current weight and goal weight?[/quote]

I am currently at 150 lbs and I am trying to get back to 130 lbs before I had my baby last year. Every calorie calculator I tried showed for me to lose 1 lb a week, I need to eat around 1200 calories.[/quote]

1,200 is the lowest that a woman generally should go. So if that is your calorie allowance MFP gave you, they're counting on you eating back your exercise calories. That will give you more to eat. Another option is to change your goal to .5 a week. Either of these would be a better idea than spending money on an appetite suppressant.
  • novachic30
    novachic30 Posts: 5 Member
    Don't use it!!! I used the drink mix for awhile and now I have some liver issues. Google slimquick and liver and read what's happened to people. Working with my doc to fix it now. It's not worth it! Try some cucumber water or making a small protein shake.