"Clean eating" lost 127lbs and creeping up on the scale due to introducing processed foods!

Options
2»

Replies

• thechaoswithinme
    thechaoswithinme Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    You need to watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

Your diary shows entries such as:
    1/4 cup rice
    1/4 cup peanuts
    tbsp sunflower seeds
    1/4 tsp maple syrup
    tbsp nuts
    half batch oatmeal cookies.

These things could be far, far more than you've estimated.

Weigh solid food in grams. Weigh liquids in millilitres. Especially things that are calorie-dense such as the foods I've listed.

Also, forget about "healthy". All food has nutritional content, and can be good for you, depending on your goals and/or needs at the time.

Being scared of "processed food" is yet another way the diet industry wants to keep us feeling guilty so we spend money on the latest diet fad.

Eating what makes me satisified within my calorie limit has helped me lose 80 lbs and keep it off for a year. I eat/ate dessert and drink alcohol in moderation every day, and have never been healthier.

I really am trying to find that healthy balance and my next purchase is going to be scale to weight out my food to get the proper reading on things I've come this far and don't want to back track
  • thechaoswithinme
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    I'm living in fear that I will go back to those old ways and I have anxiety and worry about every meal

This is where knowing how many calories you're eating can be a great stress reducer. When you weigh and measure your food and maintain your diary you can make informed decisions on when, what and how much to eat without the stress of guessing if adding the mayo to the sandwich will undo all your work. When you get that food scale, use it faithfully and I think you'll be surprised at how much it can reduce food anxiety. :)

I'm hoping that will be the case. I just want to maintain and happy lifestyle without all the worry and calculating! I want to be abled to eat. Yummmy foods and maintain a healthy lifestyle! I want to feel good! Physically and mentally
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,729 Member
    Options
    Maggie4211 wrote: »
    You need to eat healthy foods for the rest of your life or else you will gain the weight back. Think of it not as a diet but a lifestyle change. You have to eat healthy to have a happy healthy life. Try to exercise and re-elevuate what you are eating. Doesn't need to be vegan but needs to be healthy. I recommend no sugar, no salt and no processed foods. Good luck. You can do it!

As the OP just found out for herself that works well... for a period of time.
  • thechaoswithinme
    Options
    kq1981 wrote: »
    Calorie in, calorie out. Always. That is the equation that will help ANYONE lose weight. I eat McDonald's and processed food, I've lost 10kg in 10 weeks. U must be tight with you're logging. 300 calories of broccoli is the EXACT same as 300 calories of chocolate.
    People say that. And I've been testing it out but I think everyone's body is different and certain food metabolize differently. It weird learning what food metabolize the best in my body! I wish I could indulge in McDonald's. I'm happy you can do so but for me I have to eat healthy or I will unhinge like I'm doing now and go back to be an 253lb me
  • thechaoswithinme
    Options
    lioness803 wrote: »
    Maggie4211 wrote: »
    You need to eat healthy foods for the rest of your life or else you will gain the weight back. Think of it not as a diet but a lifestyle change. You have to eat healthy to have a happy healthy life. Try to exercise and re-elevuate what you are eating. Doesn't need to be vegan but needs to be healthy. I recommend no sugar, no salt and no processed foods. Good luck. You can do it!

1) No sugar would really be impossible, unless you're cutting out fruits and veggies, which would not be recommended
    2) Your body NEEDS sodium. Seriously it does. Yes, the SAD usually has too much, but saying NO salt is ridiculous.
    3) "Processed food" tends to be high calorie, so it can be harder to fit in when you're counting calories, for many people, but it certainly doesn't need to be eliminated entirely. (And what counts as processed food is a debate in itself)
    I'm trying to find the right and healhlier balance. I'm at the moment in my life where I'm finding the appropriate way of eating to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I've been trying to do research and finding people eith the knowledge and experience with what I'm going through. I'm trying to retrain my mind
  • thechaoswithinme
    Options
    Thank you for all your feedback every little thing counts
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Question - how much weight have you put back on, and in what time period? Could it be standard variations - water weight if you are eating more carbs than you were used to?
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Calorie in, calorie out. Always. That is the equation that will help ANYONE lose weight. I eat McDonald's and processed food, I've lost 10kg in 10 weeks. U must be tight with you're logging. 300 calories of broccoli is the EXACT same as 300 calories of chocolate.
    People say that. And I've been testing it out but I think everyone's body is different and certain food metabolize differently. It weird learning what food metabolize the best in my body! I wish I could indulge in McDonald's. I'm happy you can do so but for me I have to eat healthy or I will unhinge like I'm doing now and go back to be an 253lb me

Metabolism vs digestion. I say just log strictly. Weigh foods.
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    titsqh4hfvtp.png
    vh2u9p4aapph.jpg
    8hj9s0z7qitg.jpg
    1tra16fq4a6n.png
    Anyone else having this problem! I ate completely raw. Whole grains Less refined carbs like bread but if I ate bread it was whole grain! Well I still have whole grain pasta or rice and corn pasta, pasta made from brown rice! I just introduced condiments into my diet! Maple syrup in my oatmeal for breakfast. After a year worth of restrictions and my body is going crazy with these things! Plus I've been eating homemade snack and some processed thing in complete moderation! My scale has been going up lately! I'm disappointed in myself for achieve my lowest weight to slowly climbing the scale. It has to be all the excess sodium and sugar! If I can I do make things from scratch but i try if I do eat anything processed or mass produced I'll find the healthiest option because if not so easy making everything from scratch!!! I am planning on detoxing soon to get rid of all the toxins. I've been trying to hold a some what vegan diet but I need to eat more protein! Idk I'm trying to find that right healthy balance. Maybe I need more exercise now so I can eat more. At one point in my weight loss journey I was eating to little and working out to much and I'm in the stage where I'm trying to find the healthy balance of eating like a normal human being and working out and being healthy with or depriving myself of malnourishing myself! Idk I have been having trouble with eating and working out. I can't seem to find a perfect balance. I plan out meals and try to plan out my days or meals in advanced! I walk Back and forth to work. I prep the healthiest meals I can with flavor now after so long of eating bland foods. Now I see myself going crazy with additives. I eat a lot of veggies and fruits and nuts. Idk I'm at a point in my life and my weightloss journey where I'm trying not to go back to my old way and I feel like I could be going back.

amazing results!! theres no right or wrong answer here. i struggle with weight gain too!! so im just here to say ur not alone!!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

No it isnt. We are all human and it all comes down to calories in vs calories out
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Maybe speak to a professional about your relationship with food.

This ^ Healthy inside and healthy outside