weight loss advice new

Options
So Im new to calorie counting and the app has put me at 1500 calories, does it automatically change this as your weight drops or do you stay on that limit?

Replies

• BlueSmokie
    BlueSmokie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That's interesting, mine is 1200 calories a day...
    I'm trying to lose weight are you trying to maintain your weight? That amount seem to be for maintaining the weight you are. If so then yes it stays at 1500 calories.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    BlueSmokie wrote: »
    I'm trying to lose weight are you trying to maintain your weight? That amount seem to be for maintaining the weight you are. If so then yes it stays at 1500 calories.

no. 1200 is the bare minimum and likely far to low for most people. Someone will come along and explain im haalf asleep. Just had to say no.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    The calorie count is not the same for everyone. It depends on your stats, activity level and Desired weight loss per week. As you lose weight make sure u update the app and it should calculate cals
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

no.

i lose on more than 1500.
  • skellymama1
    skellymama1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

How could you know this without knowing the persons stats?
    I eat 1600 and am losing.
    Op if that's what you get after putting your stats in then go with it for a month and see how it goes. However you must weigh your food to be ecact , guessing or using generic entries will not give you an accurate picture.
  • Jadedinosaur
    Jadedinosaur Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    When I check in with a new weight, I usually have to go to my settings -> update diet/fitness profile -> update profile to get it to recalculate my calories as I lose.
  • LisaMoxon155
    LisaMoxon155 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    jayenguk wrote: »
    So Im new to calorie counting and the app has put me at 1500 calories, does it automatically change this as your weight drops or do you stay on that limit?

Yes it does change. If ur on the phone app. Add the new weight to progress and goal and it then automaticilly changes it for each lb lost.

Good luck