Eating a little junk food.

Options
2»

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    A calorie is a calorie, no matter where it comes from. Go ahead and enjoy yourself a bit. Dieting doesn't have to be a chore.
  • niyra17
    niyra17 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am not a chip lover, but I do have chocolate every day.
    For me, all food in moderation, log it, make it work into daily calorie budget.

thank you, so i have been really beating myself up for nothing, i just thought it was stupidly wrong and that i was just cheating lol..mad or what..
  • niyra17
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    niyra17 wrote: »
    crisps and chocolate are food....?

True they are but not the best, still sometimes we need to have something that we kinda like..its ok i only gained a stupid 1lb and felt it was because i had these things in my diet..

First, it's normal for weight to fluctuate from day to day. 1 lb is well within normal range of things impacted by increased sodium, stress, time of month, needing to poop, etc.

Second, it isn't any particular food that is responsible for weight gain. Weight gain comes from eating too many calories, specifically, to gain 1 lb of actual fat you'd have to consume an extra 3,500 cals above your maintenance calorie level.

For sustainable weight loss (which in my mind includes a plan to transition to maintenance), I think it's important to set a reasonable calorie goal based on an appropriate rate of loss. MFP will give you a target based on that. Eat a variety of foods up to that calorie target, striving for a mix of foods that provide nutrition (both macro and micro nutrients), satiety (fills you up when eating at a deficit), and enjoyment (a little chocolate can help keep you going so you don't feel so deprived). If you exercise, log and eat back a portion of those cals as well. Be patient and monitor and adjust after 6-8weeks depending on your actual results.

Thank you, i have been losing and very happy, jut this week i had a small gain as you said it can be many things, i know i am in target with the food intake as i weigh everything i eat. I had a Easter egg that i ate over 6 days lol.. still weighing and writing it in the diary, and got told if i want to lose weight i need to stop the sweets and crisps, as its not going to work.. ok so i know now thank you i wont be depriving myself, if i want anything. :)
  • vjambois
    vjambois Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Be patient and monitor and adjust after 6-8weeks depending on your actual results.

This is the hard part for me, not the dieting!
  • Fatandsassy224
    Fatandsassy224 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    fascha wrote: »
    I always try and make 6 squares of my favourite dairy milk fit. It's totally fine

I do this too. I have a minimum 3 squares of chocolate a day :)

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I always try and make 6 squares of my favourite dairy milk fit. It's totally fine

:noway: nooooo.... i can easily leave dairy milk... galaxy though.... :laugh:
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

:noway: nooooo.... i can easily leave dairy milk... galaxy though.... :laugh:

I'm childish so this is it for me:
    08-913222_1.jpg

• dlmciver
    dlmciver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    It is important to my long term success to create a "Not fuel" category in MFP diary. For me to maintain, I don't look at food as "bad" or "cheating", but as I log everything, I do want to keep track of what I'm eating that has minimal nutritional value, as I look at trends.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    dlmciver wrote: »
    It is important to my long term success to create a "Not fuel" category in MFP diary. For me to maintain, I don't look at food as "bad" or "cheating", but as I log everything, I do want to keep track of what I'm eating that has minimal nutritional value, as I look at trends.

nutritional value and fuel aren't the same thing...

jelly babies are great fuel for runners, yet you would have them under 'not fuel' due to their nutritional value?
  • TARGET65K
    TARGET65K Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hiya all, silly question , if I have calories left over and dont want to eat anymore food .. And wish to have a treat, maybe crisps, chocolate. Is it ok too ?? And still log it all in and keeping in mind the macros etc. ?

Yes
    as long as we dont have to watch you
  • niyra17
    Options
    You guys are so nice, you all have made me feel so ok about myself, I was getting some stick of some others.. and i thought i was really messing it all up, but we need to have something that makes us happy and within reason.. I add every thing to the diary, weighing everything i eat.
    As one said here you need to eat 3500 cals to gain a pound. i didnt do anything like that over my normal calorie in take. any way i feel a lot better thank you again x
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Hiya all, silly question , if I have calories left over and dont want to eat anymore food .. And wish to have a treat, maybe crisps, chocolate. Is it ok too ?? And still log it all in and keeping in mind the macros etc. ?

Denying yourself treats forever is silly, it'll just lead to you going off your diet and re-gaining weight and ending up here again in a year or less starting over. Better to incorporate the things you love to eat in your calorie goals, learn to add calories through exercise to accommodate the things you like to eat, or learn new things to eat that also satisfy your urge that aren't so calorie dense. It's about a new way of life rather than a diet you do then forget about. So yea, if if fits your calories/macros, nom nom nom i say.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    This is Nutella month at Tim Horton's.

Just sayin'