thechaoswithinme Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Are you eating whole grains?
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    All your bullet points seem to be reasonable suggestions/advice, but this
    - try not to skip meals since it will slow down your metabolism.

is incorrect. Its basically an old wive's tale with no evidence to support it.
  • SlothLikeMe
    SlothLikeMe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input! I'm getting there. I've noticed drip coffee makes me really hungry so I'm going back to my calorie laden nonfat no whip mochas. Not good, I know, but at least it fills me up for a couple hours. I did try to go 16 hours without eating, but I only made it 14. I'll try to eat more protein. Again, that's for all the advice.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input! I'm getting there. I've noticed drip coffee makes me really hungry so I'm going back to my calorie laden nonfat no whip mochas. Not good, I know, but at least it fills me up for a couple hours. I did try to go 16 hours without eating, but I only made it 14. I'll try to eat more protein. Again, that's for all the advice.

Meh, I add 100 calories of sweetened coffee creamer to mine every morning. It's all about the balance. If you can fit it into your calorie and nutrition goals and it makes you feel better, then why wouldn't it be good?
  • khb33
    khb33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Drink Seltzer! ! It will keep you full
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    You have next to no volume, no fat and from the looks of it very little protein. Add in a bunch of veg, beans and legumes, eggs, cheese.

I need moderate volume and even on my not hungry days I would also be starving eating only what you do. It's very little food.

And if your mocha suppresses your appetite there's not a thing wrong with it if you eat an otherwise wide and varied diet.
  • MotivatedMom17
    MotivatedMom17 Posts: 9 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    This is why I'm not counting calories. It immediately made me more hungry bc I was trying to stay within calories and all the concentrating on it was making me think I was hungry. I am not counting calories this time just eating clean when I'm hungry. Drinking water first to make sure it is hunger. When you put so much emphasis and daily concentration in it you will want to eat more. It is very possibly a mental thing/rebellion. The mind is a powerful thing. Just eat clean when hungry. You're building a lifestyle, not trending. You want to be able to keep going and always feeling hungry is not the way. Nutrient dense foods are best and often low on calories. I did figure up what in was eating yesterday and it was really under what it should have been, but the foods were nutrient dense and I wasn't hungry. If I'm hungry I will eat.
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I eat vegetarian. You are welcome to look at my diary to get some ideas. It isn't perfect, but I'm also not hungry in the afternoons. (Keep in mind I do eat my exercise calories back.)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,729 Member
    Options
    This is why I'm not counting calories. It immediately made me more hungry bc I was trying to stay within calories and all the concentrating on it was making me think I was hungry. I am not counting calories this time just eating clean when I'm hungry. Drinking water first to make sure it is hunger. When you put so much emphasis and daily concentration in it you will want to eat more. It is very possibly a mental thing/rebellion. The mind is a powerful thing. Just eat clean when hungry. You're building a lifestyle, not trending. You want to be able to keep going and always feeling hungry is not the way. Nutrient dense foods are best and often low on calories. I did figure up what in was eating yesterday and it was really under what it should have been, but the foods were nutrient dense and I wasn't hungry. If I'm hungry I will eat.

Curious and honest question. Since MFP is, basically, a calorie counting site... what is MFP offering to you if you're not counting calories?
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories? If not, you should. I can never last long on strictly limited calories, but since I exercise every day, I can eat a lot more, which adds more options and more bulk to my meals.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »

Curious and honest question. Since MFP is, basically, a calorie counting site... what is MFP offering to you if you're not counting calories?

Not answering for MotivatedMom, but I have philosophized and worked out a lot of kinks for myself from reading other people's issues, without necessarily having to experience them. :)

I actually found that the human bodies are far more alike than different, but try to tell that to people here!

I have also picked up new foods and drinks.