Low Blood Pressure

Options
2»

Replies

• spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My Dr.'s are always surprised by my BP. I have low BP with a high pulse...always have had it...always will. I'm not anemic anymore since BP...just suffer from chronic low pressure. I will say you are less likely to lose consciousness (I hemorraghed after my first baby and was in shock by medical standards and remained conscious through it all )...Dr. said it was because my brain was used to functioning with low oxygen/pressure from chronic low blood pressure
  • SapphireMoon23
    SapphireMoon23 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yes, anemia is a good thing to check. I tend to be anemic. I also have genetically low blood pressure and my normal is 85/53 ish. Other than blacking out when abruptly standing up it hasn't caused any issues.

Wow I don't feel goodwhen my BP gets that low. I lost 66 lbs but not quickly. It took ten months to lose the recent 33 lbs. I do forget to add salt since I make most ofmy own meals. The Dr said stop avoiding salt & add it to my water. & take b complex.

Today it was 96/60. I felt sooo much better & I could exercise more.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I also don't feel great when my bp is low. I loved being pregnant bc it was the only time my bp was normal and I felt great the entire time. My son has issues with low sodium and bp. We use bouillon multiple times a day to get our bp up. It can almost instantly make us feel better.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    ChelzFit wrote: »
    I don't eat red meat, but still eat tons of chicken, eggs, fish, and turkey. The doctor ordered a full work up so I would guess he would check for anemia.

Alas, you'd think a full workup would include iron levels, but despite having been anemic for decades I have learned I need to request this test specifically when getting routine bloodwork.

However, if you mentioned fatigue he may have indeed ordered a test to check for anemia.

Not necessarily, my anemia showed up in my blood work, however I had to go back for more tests to check what caused it (it is low iron).